Baldwin's Penalty

akscoundrel

Reaction score
dontbelikethat":2nveowyf said:
akscoundrel":2nveowyf said:
austinslater25":2nveowyf said:
I think someone else mentioned it already but look at Kearse. Seriously dude? Coming off one of the worst performances I can remember from the wideout position? I've grown tired of these two as well. I love the Seahawks as much as anyone but the act is getting old. I hope we upgrade the position next year. I love Pete's style but wish he was a little harder on this type of stuff as well. I would love to see Lynch or someone get on them for that. Didn't Lynch push Doug off of him after a TD recently and just shook his hand?

He does that to everyone for about a year now, especially the lineman.

Tired of his rants? then quit watching his interviews. But Baldwin is a leader of the team, a driving force for the team, and hes come up huge for us. To cut him over such an ultimately insignificant issue is asinine, and I can only thank god none of you are in the front office in charge of anything.

Beast mode has grabbed his crotch and got a 15 yard penalty, might as well cut him while we are at it.

Yeah, I'm as disappointed as anyone that it hurt the team when there's still so much time left in the game, but he definitely should not be cut. That is even more ridiculous then his "celebration".

To be fair to Lynch, all his crotch grabs are from him doing something absolutely crazy and basically sealing the game. Baldwin did it in like the middle of the game.

To be fair, bennetts encroachment penalty on the goal line was far more significant and detrimental to the team than baldwins penalty.

OFF WITH HIS HEAD!!!!

Ozzy

Reaction score
He also got pushed. Just admit you're wrong and move on. Again, get over yourself.

akscoundrel

Reaction score
austinslater25":3h2ggx5d said:
He also got pushed. Just admit you're wrong and move on. Again, get over yourself.

Not wrong. It was an insignificant penalty, and you're overreacting over something that was insignificant.

Ozzy

Reaction score
No one is overreacting. It turned out to be insignificant but who knew that at the time? It was early in the SB against a very good team who ended up beating us. It was stupid. Its ok to admit that. So what if it did lead to a NE score? Then does it bother you? Thats the whole point, it was stupid and selfish and he shouldn't of done it. Watching Kearse join in on the fun after his horrific overall performance in the previous game was just as stupid. People are tired of it and thats ok. So if NE scores after getting much better field position because of it do you think Pete would be happy?

akscoundrel

Reaction score
austinslater25":2v44esma said:
No one is overreacting. It turned out to be insignificant but who knew that at the time? It was early in the SB against a very good team who ended up beating us. It was stupid. Its ok to admit that. So what if it did lead to a NE score? Then does it bother you? Thats the whole point, it was stupid and selfish and he shouldn't of done it. Watching Kearse join in on the fun after his horrific overall performance in the previous game was just as stupid. People are tired of it and thats ok. So if NE scores after getting much better field position because of it do you think Pete would be happy?

Sure, it was stupid and selfish. It was a mistake. Besides that incident, he has been nothing but beneficial to our team to have Baldwin on our roster. How come everybody else can f up and get the opportunity to learn and grow from it, but not Baldwin? let it go, it was insignificant....

Lol at chopping his head off for what could have...hypothetically happened. You're over reacting over something insignificant.

You want to react to something significant? B1tch about all the yac's we gave up. That was significant.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
I hope SDB puts this behind him.

The "S" is not a typo. :stirthepot:

Now everyone knows who SDB for all the wrong reasons.

Love the passion, but now worry about the team and your stats.

Daytomann

Reaction score
razgriz737":tg5d34zr said:
NFSeahawks628":tg5d34zr said:
Killa Kam":tg5d34zr said:
Yet most of this board was in support of Marshawn Lynch grabbing his nuts, this was just as stupid. They didn't score on the drive after this penalty so Im not sure why this is being made into a big deal.

bbsplitter":tg5d34zr said:
Him and Bruce Irvin degraded into classless thugs just because they got irritated.

:roll: Care to explain what is thuggish about the celebration? Or was is you wanting to use Thug as an substitute for another word you know better than to use

What a dumb post.
Why is Marshawn grabbing his nuts any better than what Doug did?

It's not.....exactly.
He should be fined heavily for it. For the most part lynch celebrates with class. He stays calm and shakes everyone's hands. I like that and appreciate it and I think it sets an example for young players..... But, on exceptional TD runs he just can't help to unleash a bit of his hood rat. Which is almost.... Almost understandable. But he needs to be fined heavily every single time.

Doug however, is just a dip sh!t. Nothing remotely classy about him and he doesn't come from as hard background that lynch did.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
akscoundrel":93f9cf9q said:
Beast mode has grabbed his crotch and got a 15 yard penalty, might as well cut him while we are at it.

Lynch has been fined, and he has been threatened with a 15 yard penalty if he does it again, but he has not yet been flagged for grabbing his crotch. We don't know what he will do in the future, but he is a team player and I would bet that he won't grab his crotch unless the game is clinched.

- bsd RPA

King Dog

Reaction score
Yeah, this pissed me off. I don't want Baldwin gone or anything crazy like that, but this needs to not ever happen again. The bottom line is that he knew he was going to get penalized, he knew it would most likely hurt our field position and he did it anyway. Weak

BobcatHawk

Reaction score
akscoundrel":3nbgvb2j said:
austinslater25":3nbgvb2j said:

Sure, it was stupid and selfish. It was a mistake. Besides that incident, he has been nothing but beneficial to our team to have Baldwin on our roster. How come everybody else can f up and get the opportunity to learn and grow from it, but not Baldwin? let it go, it was insignificant....

Lol at chopping his head off for what could have...hypothetically happened. You're over reacting over something insignificant.

You want to react to something significant? B1tch about all the yac's we gave up. That was significant.

Problem is, it doesn't seem like Doug sees it as a mistake. His tweet after the game pretty much confirms that. He could have easily apologized at that moment, but instead doubled down by saying that the person for whom the gesture was intended would understand the message.

He can't fix the problem if he doesn't see it as one.

Austin Hawk

Reaction score
If I had to guess who he was trying to send a message to - I would say Deion Sanders. Because, according to Baldwin, catching a 5 yard lob in the end zone makes him elite. I'm sure Deion completely changed his opinion of Baldwin and elevated him to "elite" status after seeing Doug take a dump.

The difference between Baldwin's act and Marshawn grabbing his junk after a TD is that Baldwin clearly planned this move before the game, knowing it would be penalized and only to call attention to himself after the play. Marshawn will never grab his junk now that he knows it will cost the team a penalty.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
akscoundrel":v58shbp7 said:
Not wrong. It was an insignificant penalty, and you're overreacting over something that was insignificant.

Not sure it's accurate to say it was insignificant. Ultimately, it's not the reason we lost but it certainly impacted the game in some form or another. New England got the ball to the 35. They went 3-and-out (+ a penalty) and had to punt. Due to New England's improved field position, they were able to punt across the remaining length of the field, and Seattle had to start at its own 20. Maybe in a different scenario, Seattle gets the ball in a better spot and scores. More likely, there would be a butterfly effect that would've changed the entire way the game played out.

Considering we ended up with the worst outcome imaginable, I'll take my chances with the alternate reality where Baldwin doesn't take a dump in the endzone.

hawk45

Reaction score
Lynch grabs his crotch after ending the game. Sherman goes ape-nuts to a sideline reporter after ending the game. Neither player has ever been within a country mile of hurting the team on the field. And they are both the best NFL player at their position and in the Seahawk-MVP mix every single year.

Just crazy that Doug slot-guy-at-best Baldwin is the one who feels he's important enough his own pissy-party warrants hurting the team in the most important game in some of these players' careers.

Glad he's finally worn out his welcome with this crap. His hysterics never seemed more than hysterics to me anyways. Get back in the slot and quit embarrassing yourself.

sc85sis

Reaction score
Hawk Strap":u80iax82 said:
Some of you are over the top. Sickening? offensive? Disgusting?

Don't see anyone gnashing teeth over the brawl our little angels started at the end of the game. But pulling down his pretend pants and pinching a pretend loaf? Selfish bastard!

/pretend farts

I don't think they started it, actually, but I agree they certainly should not have joined it.

As for Doug, he shouldn't have done this either and I suspect he will be fined for it. (Calls to cut him seem over the top to me.)

Disliking one act isn't mutually exclusive with disliking the other.

TwilightError

Reaction score
Just because he went to Stanford does not make him as savvy as Richard Sherman and he should understand that by now. He does not appear smart or interesting.

Good receiver though.

LudwigsDrummer

Reaction score
I have lost respect for the guy and I don't like that stuff reppin` the team I root for.

It makes our franchise and those that root for it classless thugs.

Armchair Bronco

Reaction score
I'm pretty much done with Baldwin, too. He's damaged goods at this point.

Kinda like trading up to draft a once-promising college cornerback who, unfortunately, also has 6 pins in his foot. Which is why he fell to the third round. And then realizing later on that he has 6 pins in his foot and will never be that fast. And what the hell were you thinking trading up to draft this clown in the first place?

Baldwin isn't that good, he didn't show up in the Big Dance, his routine has grown tiresome, and on top of everything else he's selfish.

SnoCoHawk

Reaction score
I've thought for the past couple of weeks that Doug was trying to be outrageous in order to increase his public profile/fame level. His rants seemed very much like Sherman's famous "don't you ever talk about me" interview that turned him into a household name. Maybe Doug thinks that's the best way.

Or, maybe he was just responding to taunting or criticism and cooked up that little stunt during the game.