Battle of the Wilsons

James in PA

Reaction score
Wow! What a presser! I learned some interesting things from Russell here, such as:

"It's journey"

"We did some good things"

"I think we can play cleaner across the board."

"We just can't hurt ouselves"

"The best thing we can do is continue to learn, continue to get better and stay focused on what's next."

Can you imagine being a journalist and your assignment is to write an article based on an RW3 presser? :D

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score
Wow! What a presser! I learned some interesting things from Russell here, such as:

"It's journey"

"The best thing we can do is continue to learn, continue to get better and stay focused on what's next."

Can you imagine being a journalist and your assignment is to write an article based on an RW3 presser? :D
On one hand, he said all the nice or right things. On the other hand, I doubt teammates get fired up after listening to this presser.

keasley45

Reaction score

"It's journey"

Bingo. I've said this before- I have NEVER heard Russ answer a question about a specific play, what he saw, what worked or didn't in a technical, xs and os way. You never hear him get into specifics about a coverage, a schemelatic success or error, his pre-snap read, or post snap adjustment, etc. Never . It all the same, non sport specific, canned lingo about being sharper, being better, trying harder, preparation and separation, and on, and on and on.

And I think there's a reason why he never brings those things into a response. . .

And I'm virtually positive he walked away from this game thinking that if he just had better protection, he'd be able to play the game the way he knows he can...

strohmin

Reaction score
Bingo. I've said this before- I have NEVER heard Russ answer a question about a specific play, what he saw, what worked or didn't in a technical, xs and os way. You never hear him get into specifics about a coverage, a schemelatic success or error, his pre-snap read, or post snap adjustment, etc. Never . It all the same, non sport specific, canned lingo about being sharper, being better, trying harder, preparation and separation, and on, and on and on.

And I think there's a reason why he never brings those things into a response. . .

And I'm virtually positive he walked away from this game thinking that if he just had better protection, he'd be able to play the game the way he knows he can...
Makes you wonder how he actually studies film and prepares. Like what hell is he learning during film study? It doesnt make sense that he wouldnt answer a single question with an x and o answer.

strohmin

Reaction score
On one hand, he said all the nice or right things. On the other hand, I doubt teammates get fired up after listening to this presser.
I think he said all the positive things but I dont necessarily think they wete the right things.

keasley45

Reaction score
Russ got his ass lit 🔥 into by Sean after that strip sack fumble 6. Lmfao what a sh!t show in Denver. Again thanks for taking the bait. We got Spoon 🥄 and many freaks due to Denver’s GM getting played lol
He gifted the Jets 8 points by himself between the safety and the strip sack.

keasley45

Reaction score
Makes you wonder how he actually studies film and prepares. Like what hell is he learning during film study? It doesnt make sense that he wouldnt answer a single question with an x and o answer.
it doesnt make sense that a guy who was always hailed as the first one in and last one out of the building cant diagnose a defense.

It honestly feels like it was all part of the 'image'. That, or he just honestly doesnt have the ability to put the study and the play together, try as he might.

LastRideOut

Reaction score
"The best thing we can do is continue to learn, continue to get better and stay focused on what's next"

Hard to "continue to get better" if the focus is on next week instead of learning from the mistakes that were made in order to correct them.

I agree with keasley45. There is a reason why he uses vague messaging and canned lingo. He doesn't have the ability to use information gleaned from film study to help him process what he sees when playing the quarterback position.

He literally plays a backyard style of football that relies on defensive breakdowns. He cannot exploit a defenses' weaknessss by studying film on them. He cannot anticipate when his ball catchers might get open based on knowledge learned from film study or from experience.

That's really what separates the elite quarterbacks from one Russell Wilson.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Russ is the most worthless interview in all of football, maybe in all of sports. Good God he's brutal to listen to. I pardoned him for years when he was our QB because he was a winner, so I tolerated his goofy ass persona. Now it is just mind blowing that he still spins the same robotic horse crap year after year after year.

I never in my life thought I would hear myself say this but I feel sorry for Broncos fans.

morgulon1

Reaction score
Interesting he emphasized how they were getting in and out of the huddle early. I’ve never heard a quarterback emphasize that as a key point.
Yeah , you're right, I wonder if he practiced that stupid comment in front of a mirror.
Just like I predicted. " yeah the RB, TE, WR were playing good, the line was blocking
We played well today."

"The 3rd quarter is a big part of the game ". WTF? YYeah , LIKE 25%

" The fumble WE made was unfortunate " 😭

"The season is a journey" 😁

What a complete and glorious maelstrom of bad decisions. My bye week is a win.
I anxiously await the next chapter of me3 and bongzilla.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Russ is the most worthless interview in all of football, maybe in all of sports. Good God he's brutal to listen to. I pardoned him for years when he was our QB because he was a winner, so I tolerated his goofy ass persona. Now it is just mind blowing that he still spins the same robotic horse crap year after year after year.

I never in my life thought I would hear myself say this but I feel sorry for Broncos fans.
I just can't not sorry. You know about how people gawk at car/trainwrecks despite their better judgment? Well Denver and Russ are the classic trainwreck and my life takes every joyful moment that comes my way. NOT SORRY.

I just wish it was San Francisco like it should be but I'll take what I can get.

Last edited:

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score

I feel exactly the same. Even when he was with us, I turned the sound down and couldn't stop wondering why journalists would waste their time.