Battle of the Wilsons

keasley45

Reaction score
There was the post game interview he gave a few years ago after a primetime tilt against the Eagles maybe where i think Michelle tafoya asked him a question about the game and he turned into a bumbling joke of a cliche machine. He kept saying the same thing so many times that the broadcast just cut away from him mid response.

I swear it makes you think there's something clinically wrong with him. Which would be unfortunate, but maybe explain why he was handled with kid gloves and his teammates remaind quiet for so long.

JPatera76

Reaction score
Im pretty half of what he's said we've heard the same exact things
There was the post game interview he gave a few years ago after a primetime tilt against the Eagles maybe where i think Michelle tafoya asked him a question about the game and he turned into a bumbling joke of a cliche machine. He kept saying the same thing so many times that the broadcast just cut away from him mid response.

I swear it makes you think there's something clinically wrong with him. Which would be unfortunate, but maybe explain why he was handled with kid gloves and his teammates remaind quiet for so long.

OP
OP
toffee

toffee

Reaction score

I call it "Fragile Psyche". Marshawn mentioned that he worried about Wilson's mental health around this time last year when Wilson became a national laughing stock.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I didn’t watch the whole interview. What I did notice within 4 minutes; he said “you know” 11 times. And he said “umm” 5 times. Those are characteristics of uncomfortable people. You don’t have the answers so you need to bide time and make it work for you. Typical RW.

olyfan63

Reaction score
That Zach Wilson postgame interview, what a masterpiece compared to Russell's same-ol' schlock! Russell makes Zach Wilson sound positively brilliant! This is the same Zach Wilson that the Jets had nearly given up on, he was so worthless, unprepared, just not "getting it" as far as being a pro and learning the game. Z. Wilson talked about specific plays, what he saw, how he prepared, how he felt, how other players did, and in a respectful, professional, engaging way. Remember a couple years ago he got ROASTED for a press conference where he took zero responsibility for the offense? What a difference!

Full Interview:

In fact, the injury to Aaron Rodgers is the only reason Z. Wilson is even seeing the field. Maybe being humbled helped him focus? Maybe he wanted to avoid being the next Ryan Leaf?

Whatever Nathaniel Hackett and the Jets QB coaches have done with Z. Wilson, it's working! Kind of exciting to see, didn't really think he could look like a real NFL QB for 2 weeks in a row, but wow did he!