Blair Walsh : "I'm still capable of good things"

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
scutterhawk":cra083h7 said:
Hasselbeck":cra083h7 said:
As bad as he was, we were up 14-10 with 30 seconds left with a ton of money invested on defense.

That's not on Walsh.
That score NOT being 17, or 20 or even 23, IS on Walsh.
One miss, Meh-------Two misses, Hmmm-------Three misses, BULLSHIT.

I forgot what terrible pass coverage Walsh had on Doctson with a 4 point lead. You right. You right.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Walsh isn't going anywhere. Pete loves pitty parties, second chances, and redemption stories even at the expense of games and logic.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":3rwyock0 said:
He had a bad game. Everyone knows it and he knows it. It happens.

Time to move on.

.....move on to who? Should he miss any kicks this Thursday, Hawks fans will be calling for his head!

adeltaY

Reaction score
Oddly enough, last year the Vikings cut Walsh after he went 12/16 on FG tries. Right now with the Seahawks, he sits at 12/16 on FG attempts...

naholmes

Reaction score
Blair Walsh is playing worse this season than last year when the Vikes cut him. His misses this year are not that long, there have been no attempts from 50+.

Dan Carpenter is a free agent and he’s been money throughout his career and has hit from 60. Even his bad year last season is better than Walsh. Carpenter is not as good at touch backs but that can be mitigated with good coverage especially now that TB starts at 25.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
He better get better soon or he better get gone soon.

rjas77

Reaction score
Gio":1nzfua0b said:
"I didn't help my team today, that's for sure," Walsh said, via ESPN.com. "The thing is, though, is that this is the first time this year where I haven't really come through, and I've got to remember that. As much as it sucks, and as much as I want to be there for my teammates and help us win, I've got to remember that I'm capable of doing good things here."

"Those kicks were all me," he said.

Coach Pete Carroll said that If we had a chance , he would totally count on Blair for the game-winner. That means Blair is not gonna be kicked for now at least.

Sounds like he got a participation trophy is baseball

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":33sgz418 said:
scutterhawk":33sgz418 said:
Hasselbeck":33sgz418 said:
As bad as he was, we were up 14-10 with 30 seconds left with a ton of money invested on defense.

That's not on Walsh.
That score NOT being 17, or 20 or even 23, IS on Walsh.
One miss, Meh-------Two misses, Hmmm-------Three misses, BULLSHIT.

I forgot what terrible pass coverage Walsh had on Doctson with a 4 point lead. You right. You right.
There's NO way around the FACT, no matter how you try and excuse his ineptness, Whiffing Walsh has his SHARE of blame in the LOSING of this game.....Pretty cut & dried.

rjdriver

Reaction score
You guys are too quick to forget.

He won a huge game for us in Minnesota, so cut him slack.

kf3339

Reaction score
If one bad game means we need a new kicker, then there are a hell of a lot of players on our offense that need the same treatment. Because our issue is scoring TD's and that has been consistent for several years before Walsh even showed up.

chris98251

Reaction score
He won't be cut this week because of a Thursday game, but afterwards and if he misses I expect we start looking quickly like Friday Morning quick.

RadioSushi

Reaction score
The argument that he should be given some slack due to him missing only one kick this season is myopic. The fans’ confidence in him is based on his actions dating back to last years playoffs. Couple that with the fact that he missed a few in the preseason as well as a PAT earlier this year when it counted.
How did you feel when he missed the kick vs. a struggling IND team which would have brought us within two pts going into the half? Didn’t he spend halftime on the field where he missed another 4 straight kicks?
Dudes mental game is broken. He misses in big moments when the team is clearly counting on him to get out of its offensive rut.
Cut him Friday morning.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Blair Walsh forgot one import piece of information. Which team is he capable of good things for? The Seahawks or their opponents? I'm sure he received the Redskins game ball after all.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Yet he still was only one of MANY reasons they lost on Sunday. He had one job to do. So did the Defense at the end of the game. Or the guys on D who dropped 3 interceptions. Or the players who committed 16 penalties that changed the entire game overall.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Was every kick wide left? Would that indicate more of a technical than mental flaw?