Bradford to Vikings for 1st

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
I'd rather have Mark Sanchez for no draft picks. Sam Bradford sure has made a lot of money and has been the focus of a lot of spent capital for being such a mediocre and injury-prone QB.

I will have a wry laugh when Bradford is hurt by game six and the Vikes are playing Shaun Hill anyway (who honestly should have just been the starter in the first place - he's probably roughly as good as Bradford).

Jville

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/AndrewSiciliano/status/772084956268994560[/tweet]

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Why would anyone in their right mind give up a 1st and 4th round picks for an "average at best" QB? Desperate teams do stupid things. This is similar to the Rick Mirer trade when the Seahawks unloaded him to the Bears. It's just one less team for the Seahawks, Cards, Pack, and Panthers to worry about as contenders.

Jville

Reaction score
Eagle fans must be a mess by now.

Eagles QB timeline has new twist with Bradford deal >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000695012/article/eagles-qb-timeline-has-new-twist-with-bradford-deal[/urltargetblank]

dogorama

Reaction score
Rule":3i6njzs1 said:
Marcus Lattimore suffered this same injury, and where is he now? Of course the gut reaction is laughable, but MIN must know more than we do (obv) and/or they are planning for life without Teddy for longer than just this year. Their defense & AP are too good to just waste this season away. Sammy & AP will work great together. The biggest gamble is his durability and that OL. Can they protect the man made of glass?

:ditto: Agreed, exactly my thoughts AND I thought the dropoff to Hill was too much, apparently the coaches and admin do also.

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
I'm having a hard time typing a response because I'm shaking so much from laughter. Vikes are utterly moronic. Couldn't be any happier that it was Minny doing this though.

And their fans laughed at the Hawks for trading for Harvin. Come talk to us now Viqueen fans.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I would have traded for the now Eagles starter(Chase Daniel)more upside with less cost(s) I don't get what teams keep seeing in SB I mean he is like made up of light bulb.He isn't worth a 1st even if healthy,I think he is just an average QB at best.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Not only did they give up a ton, but what are the realistic expectations for when Bradford could be ready to start? The season is about one week away, doesn't it take weeks to learn an offense? We've seen this before. Josh Freeman got signed by the Vikes when they were desperate, and it took him forever to learn the offense, and by the time he was able to start, he was obviously rusty and couldn't fully grasp the offense.

So when do they expect Bradford to be ready by? Week 5? And even if he is ready by week 5, I doubt he'll have a great feel for the offense. There is a reason why teams don't swap QB's mid-season.

dogorama

Reaction score
Every team's ultimate goal is to get to the Super Bowl, what the Seahawks accomplished by getting to two in a row is extremely rare in the modern age, most teams are just hoping to get to one. When a team finally is able to assemble a potential SB team they typically have a window of time before that expires. It is pretty obvious that the Vikes see their window as now, i.e. the next couple of years. Are they desperate? Hell yes they are. It's a gamble, and sometimes you gotta do that.

themunn

Reaction score
I'll definitely be in the minority here, but I think Bradford represents an upgrade over Bridgewater for sure, who for now looks like the pre-Andy Reid Alex Smith.

A first is a high price to pay, but it gives them the best chance to win right now.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
Just realized that this is an Oklahoma reunion for AP and Bradford.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
This reminds me of when we fleeced the Bears for two firsts for Rick Mirer. What a terrible trade. I get Super Bowl windows are finite and the Vikes are on the brink.. but yikes.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
IndyHawk":5iiddljo said:
I would have traded for the now Eagles starter(Chase Daniel)more upside with less cost(s) I don't get what teams keep seeing in SB I mean he is like made up of light bulb.He isn't worth a 1st even if healthy,I think he is just an average QB at best.

FWIW - The Eagles named Wentz the starter if he's healthy.

Hawk-Lock

Reaction score
My main question is, when will Bradford be ready to start? Definitely not week 1.

So what if he is not ready to start til week 5 and they start 1-4. If you start 1-4 your season is pretty much all but over. This trade could blow up in their face before Bradford even takes the field.

But I'm sensing they made this trade thinking that Bridgewater either won't be ready for 2017, or may never be the same. On a side note, the Vikings travel to Philly in week 7.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":3q3rqmfd said:
They were on the same Sooners team, but apparently Sam was redshirted during AP's final season.

Throwdown

Reaction score
Vikings could've offered arby's coupons and philly would've taken it, there was no need to give up a first.

HawkGA

Reaction score
Rule":1wxbnvug said:
Marcus Lattimore suffered this same injury, and where is he now? Of course the gut reaction is laughable, but MIN must know more than we do (obv) and/or they are planning for life without Teddy for longer than just this year. Their defense & AP are too good to just waste this season away. Sammy & AP will work great together. The biggest gamble is his durability and that OL. Can they protect the man made of glass?

I don't think anybody is questioning the trade on the grounds that the have Bridgewater or might not have Bridgewater. It's all about Bradford simply not being worth a 1st (probably note even the 4th!).

HawkGA

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":p2zvp4g2 said:
This reminds me of when we fleeced the Bears for two firsts for Rick Mirer. What a terrible trade. I get Super Bowl windows are finite and the Vikes are on the brink.. but yikes.

They're not that close to the brink to make such a long shot trade.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Hawk-Lock":ylp8ihma said:
So Vikes were in discussion with Eagles for several days means there was much thought and input. Im sure AP's career was a big factor.
A first and 4th round pick is too much for Bradford but they think he is their best gamble.
Their 1st round is 20th pick which they could make up with their other multitude of picks or with Bradford trade if he does well behind the Vikings improved line.