Bradford to Vikings for 1st

NINEster

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":2f8fdea4 said:
The Vikes would be 4-0 with Shaun Hill at QB. Still a waste of picks in this trade.

They might win games with Hill definitely.

But Bradford gives them a chance to go farther, assuming he stays healthy.

Still think it was a good trade.

In the NFL, success is fragile and not guaranteed over any period of time......not even you Niner bashers could have predicted 2015/2016 back in Sep 2014.

chris98251

Reaction score
Vikings have yet to face a pissed off Seahawks team, the cheap shots and extra stuff they did is going to be remembered, oh and Bradford, I think we know what his strengths and weaknesses are. It will be a different game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":ajks3qv7 said:
The Vikes would be 4-0 with Shaun Hill at QB. Still a waste of picks in this trade.

I don't think they would 4-0, closer to 2-2.

Bradford hasn't been "awesome" for the Vikings. But he's making some throws that keep drives going, that pin other teams deeper in their end to start drives, and he's making some legitimately strong TD throws (his tosses to Diggs and Rudolph were great throws) that Hill couldn't make. TDs over FGs with that defense makes a massive difference.

That said, the Vikings offense is not playing all that well and Rodgers and McCarthy still messed up that game for the Packers.

Boycie

Reaction score
chris98251":qbl71xfn said:
Vikings have yet to face a pissed off Seahawks team, the cheap shots and extra stuff they did is going to be remembered, oh and Bradford, I think we know what his strengths and weaknesses are. It will be a different game.

This^

I am not saying they aren't a good team, but just because they beat a suspect Carolina team, and an annually over hyped GB team at home in their new stadium, let's not be too quick to "crown their asses." It's too bad we don't see them this year, because I think we would pound them. I am not sold on them being world beaters at all. They are a good team with a very good defense.

Ninester can talk all he wants about how we wouldn't crush them, but his view is blinded by his absolute hatred of the Seahawks.

Boycie

Reaction score
NINEster":289avsdo said:
Ace_Rimmer":289avsdo said:
lol, I forgot about the new stadium. Never mind then. They can get home field and we will still crush them.

Crush them?

LOL.

Vikings could get crushed on an off day, in the regular season, sure. Much like the good ole Harbaugh niners could get their ass beat up on off days (like against the Vikings in 2012).

But no way they aren't ready for Seattle after what happened last time.

No good team is crushing Minny.

I'd wager that the Vikings are wanting to play Seattle more than any other team in the NFC.

I saw the preseason game, just like Den/Sea last year. Those guys put in extra effort to get to Wilson in both those games.

#NeverForget

I am sure they would want to play us, who wouldn't want another shot at the team that knocked them out of the playoffs? I do believe we would smoke them though. It's just too bad we won't see them this year unless they both make the playoffs. There is a lot of football left this year, and they have looked good against inferior teams(cue Cary Kollins to interject) but its only been 4 games.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Fade":287rth0i said:
LMAO at the Vikings. I was right.

Were you?

Bradford has played in every game for them. He's stayed healthy and he has had a very good year. 3200 yards, 14 TDs to 4 INTs. He has a top 10 QBR amongst starters. This team was decimated by injury. That's what kept them out of the playoffs.

razor150

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3jpmh4ld said:
Fade":3jpmh4ld said:

Were you?

Bradford has played in every game for them. He's stayed healthy and he has had a very good year. 3200 yards, 14 TDs to 4 INTs. He has a top 10 QBR amongst starters. This team was decimated by injury. That's what kept them out of the playoffs.

Plus their OC quit mid-season. The Vikings are a mess, and Bradford has actually been an upgrade.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
razor150":7zb6sn55 said:
Uncle Si":7zb6sn55 said:
Fade":7zb6sn55 said:

Were you?

Plus their OC quit mid-season. The Vikings are a mess, and Bradford has actually been an upgrade.

Just a real unfortunate series of events. But I think the Bradford move was the right one at the time.

In total retrospect, Fade was right. Trading all that for Bradford didn't help them make a playoff (which is maybe what he was saying). However, without him and all these injuries they'd be a 3/4 win team at best.

razor150

Reaction score
Uncle Si":wbbrn128 said:
Just a real unfortunate series of events. But I think the Bradford move was the right one at the time.

In total retrospect, Fade was right. Trading all that for Bradford didn't help them make a playoff (which is maybe what he was saying). However, without him and all these injuries they'd be a 3/4 win team at best.

True, at the beginning of the season not many teams were desperate enough to give a 1st round pick for Bradford. Lucky for the Eagles the Vikings lost their starting QB, and thought they could well this year if they stabilized their QB position. It is a bit of a perfect storm, because the Vikings could have gotten him for less if they had other options.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3gua07dy said:
razor150":3gua07dy said:
Uncle Si":3gua07dy said:
Fade":3gua07dy said:

Were you?

He has played pretty well considering how decimated the OL and offense has been.

That move was a great move idk what you guys are talking about. Bridgewater might NEVER even play again and from what I have read MIGHT not even be back in time for 2017 start of regular season or be back JUST then missing out on all offseason.

I believe they have both Bradford and Bridgewater signed through next year so they can make a choice then. Bradford is only a year older than Wilson, he can be a long term franchise guy for them. With maybe the worse protection and running game in the league he has a 97 QB rating with 14TD 4INT and he had zero offseason with the team and didnt even start the year on the roster.

He has taken an absolute beating back there and has played every game so far. I wasnt a huge fan of the trade at first but he has showed be alot of good things as a QB this year when given ANY time in the pocket

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
The only 2 things Bradford has accomplished is staying healthy and not turning the ball over.

His YPA is just 6.9 despite his 71% completion rate. All he does is throw high % 5 yard passes. Shaun Hill could do the same thing and it wouldnt have cost a 1st round pick.

Theres no way Bradford was worth a 1st round pick.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":1yqbc2ik said:
The only 2 things Bradford has accomplished is staying healthy and not turning the ball over.

His YPA is just 6.9 despite his 71% completion rate. All he does is throw high % 5 yard passes. Shaun Hill could do the same thing and it wouldnt have cost a 1st round pick.

:2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":2xlwl1wr said:

It would have been had the team stayed healthy and they were sitting at 10/11 wins...

It's not Bradford's fault they have one of, if not the worst OL in the league. The 6.9 yards per completion is a measure of that, and having no run game at all, not Bradford. He's stood in there well for them and done more than what some on here said he would.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Firstly thanks to those who corrected me about the Mirer deal. Forgot that was only one first (think I got that deal confused with the Galloway trade)

Anyway what made the deal so awful to me is Sam Bradford wasn't the difference between winning a Super Bowl and not.. I get the desperation behind it, I get that they looked at that defense and Adrian Peterson was on the last legs of his career and said screw it lets go for broke, but now you're going to miss the playoffs entirely, and would have had a top 15 pick to address the OL, find a Peterson replacement, find another weapon for Bradford, etc. And they can still do that in FA and the other rounds in the draft but now you remove two very important picks from a team that has a whole lot of holes to address.

Just think they could have gone after someone else for cheaper and still hit the 7-9 wins they will have this year.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Uncle Si":j0tbd38j said:
XxXdragonXxX":j0tbd38j said:

It would have been had the team stayed healthy and they were sitting at 10/11 wins...

It's not Bradford's fault they have one of, if not the worst OL in the league. The 6.9 yards per completion is a measure of that, and having no run game at all, not Bradford. He's stood in there well for them and done more than what some on here said he would.

If the team had stayed healthy and they had 10-11 wins, it wouldnt have been because of Bradford. Shaun Hill could have done the same. It was a waste of a 1st round pick.

Just look at the Seahawks. The Vikings D has arguably been better than ours. We've had similiar injuries and terrible OL play. Yet we're sitting in the #2 seed.

Largent80

Reaction score
I still follow my first response after this trade and say what idiots the Vikings were for trading for SB.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
XxXdragonXxX":seu3f317 said:
If the team had stayed healthy and they had 10-11 wins, it wouldnt have been because of Bradford. Shaun Hill could have done the same. It was a waste of a 1st round pick.

Just look at the Seahawks. The Vikings D has arguably been better than ours. We've had similiar injuries and terrible OL play. Yet we're sitting in the #2 seed.

Are we sitting in the #2 seed because Wilson has so much better than Bradford?

It's a lot of retrospect to say it was a "waste." It has not worked out for them. But, at the time, they thought they had a Super Bowl winning team with Teddy Bridgewater. You really think Bradford's avg. 250 yards, 1TD and .5 INT a game is why they are not?

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I just thought then that they overpaid for Bradford (a first AND a fourth this spring).
I understand their reasoning, opening up a new home and all they wanted to put the best team they could out there, but now they are going to be sorely depleted when trying to reload their team.

Largent80

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":3pq777ks said:
I just thought then that they overpaid for Bradford (a first AND a fourth this spring).
I understand their reasoning, opening up a new home and all they wanted to put the best team they could out there, but now they are going to be sorely depleted when trying to reload their team.

THIS.