Browner signs with Patriots

Hawknballs

Reaction score
the only weird part of this is having a reason to actually root for the patriots.

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
HawkFan72":5x1ag7a0 said:
indyhawk1984":5x1ag7a0 said:
Man I am insanely happy for Browner that he got a pay day. I hope he can play through the whole contract for his sake. Dude has been waiting and bustin his behind for so long to. Even if he made a mistake or two along the way he deserves it.

Now that he is paired with Revis. You know allt he interviewers are gonna ask him. You have played opposite of both. So who is better. Revis or Sherman.

If he's smart, he'll just say they are the two best corners in the game and leave it at that.

Absolutely. I think he is smart enough to do so as well.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Throwdown":ijztfias said:
Good for BB.

Let's hope Billichick will let him play his style.
Belicheck is nothing if not flexible in philosophy and scheme. Good for Browner I didn't think anybody would give him that type of money.

fridayfrenzy

Reaction score
The details of the deal need to be disclosed to decipher what 3 years for $17 million means. Do not know the guaranteed amount either.

I am not sure where he is in the substance abuse program but it must be one strike away from a year long suspension, which is a pretty big risk. He will also be suspended for part of 2014 season as well.

indyhawk1984

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1u53tjo0 said:
Throwdown":1u53tjo0 said:
Good for BB.

Let's hope Billichick will let him play his style.
Belicheck is nothing if not flexible in philosophy and scheme. Good for Browner I didn't think anybody would give him that type of money.

Incredibly true. Bill is an incredible coach and knows how to evolve with his personnel from year to year. Only thing I enjoy though is he seems to get more grumpy and extra pissy every year he goes without winning that milestone 4th ring. Since it has been 10 years he really is starting to look like he is going through male menopause in his pressers.

Hawknballs

Reaction score
fridayfrenzy":2h93pb4m said:
The details of the deal need to be disclosed to decipher what 3 years for $17 million means. Do not know the guaranteed amount either.

I am not sure where he is in the substance abuse program but it must be one strike away from a year long suspension, which is a pretty big risk. He will also be suspended for part of 2014 season as well.

well like most deals for starters you have to assume he'll only see two years of it. My guess is it's a 5m / 5m/ 7m contract with 5m gauranteed with heavy clauses about suspensions and junk.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Good for him!

Let's see if he can stop smoking ganja, would love to see him succeed...he seems like a good dude.

OffseasonChampions

Reaction score
Wow $17 Million? No offense to Browner but the Pats overpaid big time. Our Bennett contract is looking amazing right now compared to other deals I'm seeing.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I LOVE BB, but that's a lot for a guy who couldn't stop a double-move last year was even benched for an entire half. That's not even considering the two suspensions and heightened drug testing. Feel like NE is paying for reputation more than anything else here...

But, whatevs. I'm glad he's making them bleed. He was instrumental in rebuilding this organization. It was essentially built in his image. Very grateful for the time he spent here and hope he proves his worth on the East Coast.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Awesome for BB! I am going to watch the Pats, just to see BB kicking peoples asses. Dude is angry, it was awesome having him as a hawk.

That is big money! Interested to see the actual terms.

classy tweet from BB if anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n91u9j

MPLogick

Reaction score
He's suspended for 4 games and doesn't get paid for the 4 games after that, right? That probably takes a chunk out of the actual cap hit.

Jville

Reaction score
Bill Belichick must be chuckling to himself.

He now has the most physical corner on the planet.

Worth every penny in Belichick's book.

Congratulations Brandon Browner.

Have fun with 2014. :th2thumbs:

To Coach Pete Carroll, GM John Schneider, John
Idzik, Coach Richard, Rocky Seto, the LOB, my teammates, the training staff, the equipment guys the Seahawks organization as a whole and most importantly the 12th Man, I say thank you for everything you have done for myself and my family.
I am a truly blessed person.

plyka

Reaction score
No overpay here folks! If there is one front office in the business of NOT overpaying, it would go in this order:

1) Seahawks
2) Patriots

They see Browner as being WORTH IT! And I agree. How many secrets will bellicheck get out of BB?

I couldn't be more happier for BB. If there was one player I was rooting for this year to make his payday it was Browner! Being shafted by the NFL itself, being shafted by circumstance, and almost missing out on his payday. A month ago, Browner thought the most money he was going to make in the NFL, per year, was $700k. Always just a step behind from truly making money. But now he has it, and I am glad.

ivotuk

Reaction score
OffseasonChampions":32quq49t said:
Wow $17 Million? No offense to Browner but the Pats overpaid big time. Our Bennett contract is looking amazing right now compared to other deals I'm seeing.

Belicheck has a new motto: "always compete...against the Broncos, in the off season"

Elway knows Peyton will soon be put out to pasture. And Brady is soon to follow. So both teams are going all in this year.

I was telling my buddy that his Chargers need to sign BB because Welker is scared of him, and after Kams hit, D Thomas will be too. Too late...

Natethegreat

Reaction score
Coug_Hawk08":3yo6vzj8 said:
Awesome for BB! I am going to watch the Pats, just to see BB kicking peoples asses. Dude is angry, it was awesome having him as a hawk.

That is big money! Interested to see the actual terms.

classy tweet from BB if anyone hasn't seen it: http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n91u9j
Very classy, he didn't have to thank anyone but it shows he is a grateful and thoughtful guy. I'll be rooting for him but I don't care for the Pats so it will be a little awkward.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Belicheck is definitely copying Pete Carroll's formula. Signed Revis to be his Sherman. He already has a premiere safety who can leave Revis on an island and help BB over the top. I'm sure the idea is to make it function like Seattle w/ Sherman/BB/ET.

Smelly McUgly

Reaction score
God's Country AKA Cascadia AKA The Pacific Northwe
Good for this dude!

I mean, I see that as a big overpay for a guy who can't cover anyone with speed or anyone who makes a double-move, but he's definitely got some value and will hopefully maul the receivers at the line and rock some people. Hilton can't run past him if he's laid out on the grass.

This sounded more like insults than it should have. I'm just happy for Browner.