Browner signs with Patriots

OrFan

Reaction score
Good for him, he deserved every penny!

Huge, physical corners don't grow on trees. He will do great for them.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
Great Payday for BB! Congrats man!

I am love, love, loving (!) the spendathon the floundering AFC teams are undertaking trying to find defensive parity with the NFC west! Newsflash: it isn't just personnel!

DeuceNine

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1mq3vcfk said:
OffseasonChampions":1mq3vcfk said:
on ESPN "The Patriots now have the best secondary in the league" LOLOLOLOLOL

ESPN just being homers for the Boston teams as usual. Is Tavon Wilson still wandering around at safety for them?

Nah, Tavon is just a special teams player at this point. Devin McCourty is the starting free safety, who starts at strong safety is a question mark right now with Steve Gregory being cut. Duron Harmon (second year player) is the likely starter, but if Adrian Wilson still has something left in the tank he could start there (Doubt that) and there's some Pats fans that speculate that Browner could be moved there, which I also really doubt it.

Pats secondary on paper looks like it could be pretty good but it doesn't compare to the Seahawks. That's just ESPN being ESPN. You know how it is.

TheArtOfHops

Reaction score
I could totally see the Pats moving BB to SS to be their Rodney Harrison/Kam Chancellor enforcer. He's an upgrade at either spot. Congrats BB!

chris98251

Reaction score
Browner may never see the end of that contract, Pats have a habit of cutting guys early on contracts, having said that the Pats are the team that becomes Seattle East first, not the Jags.

Belichick is seeing that allowing teams to physically set the tone is being allowed. He seen the results, he's not dumb. He's a defense guy also.

cesame

Reaction score
Pats fans should know Browner was beginning to lose his spot as a starter because he wasn't performing as well last year

jammerhawk

Reaction score
Thanks BB, too bad you missed the big game while you were here. Thanks for everything you were special, I will miss your physicality on the field.

Natethegreat

Reaction score
TheArtOfHops":3mpilgdm said:
I could totally see the Pats moving BB to SS to be their Rodney Harrison/Kam Chancellor enforcer. He's an upgrade at either spot. Congrats BB!
I see this happening as well. In fact I started a thread proposing we try it(nickel back and back up ss), but obviously he has a lot more value than I was thinking. That contract blows me away.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
Belichek knows what a bad, bad man Browner still is. He's the kind of player you want on the field, even if you have to create a spot for him. And watching the Pat's secondary in the AFCC, they needed all the help they could get even after Revis.

I will miss seeing him every week, but it realistically had to be. Would it have turned out different if Maxwell hadn't stepped up the way he did?

Good for BB!

two dog

Reaction score
Good on yer Brandon ! Glad you finally got a payday the Seahawks, in
their current circumstances, could not give you.

Bad dude, and I mean that in the most complementary way.

pmedic920

Reaction score
I've got to admit, I was mad at him for putting the team/season at risk with his actions. Then more details came out, and my anger went away.
I'm happy he got the deal.
Wish he could have stayed.
Glad he's not in the NFC especially the West.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Heh, yeah, Belichick can afford this now that the Santonio Holmes isn't in the division to burn him twice a year anymore.

I'm glad he got a contract, and Belichick is smart and flexible enough to scheme to Browner's strengths. Had to be New England.

Scottemojo

Reaction score
cesame":3401g9nc said:
Pats fans should know Browner was beginning to lose his spot as a starter because he wasn't performing as well last year
He was injured, then while injured he was suspended. Perhaps you can better explain to me how that qualifies as beginning to lose his spot?

Natethegreat

Reaction score
It makes a ton of sense if he intends to let Revis follow the ultra speedy receiver and let Browner play physical like how he used Talib. I'm sure Bill will use him to full effectiveness.