Cable GONE

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Well, there goes my chance of getting season tickets this year.

Literally the only negative thing I can think of.

Wooooooooooooooloooooooooooot

Seymour

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":1p42o92l said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SportsRadioKJR/status/951217024964816896[/tweet]

Just heard that. What it doesn't say is he was against both firings. That surprises me, but I think he is somewhat "protecting the shield" of coaches.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
harryjohnson":skdqzsp6 said:
Careful what you wish for...the fake grass isn't always greener.

Perhaps...but, when your offense scores 100 points total in the ENTIRE season in the first half of games, it couldn't be much worse. 6.25 per game just isn't going to get it done.

OP
OP
S

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Shoot me a PM if you ever wanna' go to a game, I'll do what I can to help. A lot of other Season Ticket holder friends of mine end up not being able to make the games for various reasons. Especially those in Canada.

lukerguy

Reaction score
If Cable's lines has done well in other organizations, and then sucked in Seattle, I'd think it had something to do with Russ and his inability to be a pocket passer...

with that being said, Cable has never had a top 10 OLINE in both passing and rushing, so it leads me to believe that he's the problem. Can you imagine how good we could be with a running game and Russ with some time?

semiahmoo

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3psn883q said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/SportsRadioKJR/status/951217024964816896[/tweet]

Indeed - and that's a good thing and almost exactly what was predicated to happen by some.

To those who say ownership "doesn't meddle" ... 8) 8) 8)

Pete was likely given a lifeline here. Let's hope he uses it to its fullest.

GO HAWKS!!!!!

HansGruber

Reaction score
Man, this is such excellent news. I'm ecstatic today, and will be purchasing season tickets for next season again. The Seahawks did the right thing.

I sure would like to hear from those folks who questioned my and other fans' fanhood over this. Y'all said we didn't know anything, that Pete would keep these guys unless he was fired, and that he knew WAY better than we did. We were just too blinded by impatience and fairweather fanhood to see what Pete Carroll saw.

Uhhhhh.... yeah. LOL.

Fade

Reaction score
zchurch74":aqmk458q said:
they just said on 710 there is speculation for Kubiak. They talked about him having successful zone blocking running game and could fit right in.

Can anyone tell me a successful running team Kubiak has ever had? Only guy I can think of is A. Foster and he was never consistently successful.

Terrell Davis.

The talent is moot. The scheme is so effective you just plug in no name backs and they get 1000 yds. Kubiak would be a huge get. Kubiak as an OC is ace. As a HC okay, but as an OC easily top 10. The only negative he has is health concerns, and may end up only doing it a couple seasons.

BigBill1945

Reaction score
Good move. I hated his blocking schemes. Look for more heads to roll. This has been a long time coming.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Fade":36oluds4 said:
zchurch74":36oluds4 said:
they just said on 710 there is speculation for Kubiak. They talked about him having successful zone blocking running game and could fit right in.

Can anyone tell me a successful running team Kubiak has ever had? Only guy I can think of is A. Foster and he was never consistently successful.

Terrell Davis.

The talent is moot. The scheme is so effective you just plug in no name backs and they get 1000 yds. Kubiak would be a huge get. Kubiak as an OC is ace. As a HC okay, but as an OC easily top 10. The only negative he has is health concerns, and may end up only doing it a couple seasons.

Yup. Kubiak has shown he can make a really good Offense out of sub par players on multiple teams. This guy made Matt Schaub passable for a while. RB success across the board at every stop no matter who had the ball.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Cable AND Bevell all in one day?!?

Snoopy20dance

Seymour

Reaction score
lukerguy":32fdyfet said:
If Cable's lines has done well in other organizations, and then sucked in Seattle, I'd think it had something to do with Russ and his inability to be a pocket passer...

with that being said, Cable has never had a top 10 OLINE in both passing and rushing, so it leads me to believe that he's the problem. Can you imagine how good we could be with a running game and Russ with some time?

That is a complete myth. Cables lines have always sucked particularly in pass protection. The effects on Wilson are completely predictable. :roll:

Attachments

• Cable-Ranking.jpg
    Cable-Ranking.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 1,177

dbsn2420

Reaction score
Can't wait to see who they bring in. I have to see that before jumping for joy!