Cam rips up Packers fan sign

ctrcat

Reaction score
ivotuk":tqacblav said:
ctrcat":tqacblav said:
253hawk":tqacblav said:
It's a respect thing, like not stealing someone's laptop. Cam is an immature assclown who will never win anything.

He was actually on 3 national championship teams in 3 years with 3 different schools in college, the latter of which he single handedly lead a 5 loss team the years before and after he was there to their first national title since 1957. He won a Heisman. He won ROY. He's won back to back NFCS titles with a broken back. He'll likely win a 3rd straight with Ted Ginn as his #1. Being in the driver's seat I'm sure he thinks he'll win it all this year, but again it even took his neighbor and bosom buddy Michael Jordan 7 years to win his first league title despite more CBB experience and playing a far less team sport.

Sorry but I call BS on the broken back. I've had 4 back surgeries, and if he was in as much constant pain as I am, he would not be playing football.

He may have a fracture in a vertebrae, but that's not a "broken back" and does not limit a person physically. It's an insult to people with real back problems to say that Cam Newton has a broken back as if he's some kind of superhero.

I've seen people with real back problems that I admire and try to emulate because they never complain, they never bring it up, and they never use it as an excuse. I'm not as tough as they are, but I can still look up to them.

My wife has back problems as well. My apologies.

253hawk

Reaction score
ctrcat":2ku671rn said:
Maybe, maybe not. But never is a strong word for a 26 year old that's beaten Brady, Rodgers, Wilson, Luck, Brees, Ryan, tied Dalton, et al in their most recent meetings, some of which were in prime time.

I didn't realize that QBs played defense.

mrt144

Reaction score
Cam is now almost equal with Gronk on my list. This is freaking hilarious and that all his teammates are covering for him. If the Hawks don't make the Superbowl I really hope that the Panthers get there and we see Cam go full heel to Gronk's face. If there can be some sort of kayfabe in the lead up, even better.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
ivotuk":1dcatgtl said:
Sorry but I call BS on the broken back. I've had 4 back surgeries, and if he was in as much constant pain as I am, he would not be playing football.

True that he didn't require surgery, but "fracture" == "break" and he did fracture two vertebrae.

I also think it's more generally a mistake to compare individual pain management to the pain management of NFL players.

We're talking about a league in which yesterday Marcus Cromartie got three stiches in his face and was back four plays later running head first into people and it's not even noteworthy, and a league in which Ronnie Lott had his pinkie finger cut off at the knuckle at half time so that he could finish a game.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
253hawk":3nop12ps said:
I didn't realize that QBs played defense.

You sound like a corny 9ers fan talking about Russell Wilson.

mrt144

Reaction score
HAHA, reading all the comments - I swear to god some of you sound like Abraham Simpson railing against an out of control wildman Namath while vaunting Johnny Unitas as the platonic ideal of QB. Ya'll are the reason for the NFL having the secondary meeting of "No Fun League"

Hawkpower

Reaction score
The guy is a freak athlete with a cannon for an arm.

His first down dance is just about the most annoying thing in the NFL, right up there with Kaeps bicep kiss and Russ' god talk.

He also in the past has shown terrible field demeanor during tough times.

Carolina hasnt faced much adversity yet this year. We may soon see if Cam has taken the next step in his maturity.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
I don't really see what's wrong with this.

If you bring a sign like that into an opposing stadium, then you run the risk of someone taking offense and ripping it down. That's just common sense. It happened to be a player this time. The lesson here is don't spend $500 (??) on a banner intended to agitate the 70,000 people around you. I'd be surprised if anyone took issue with this if Marshawn did the same thing at C-Link.

kobebryant

Reaction score
I like Cam and I like this.

That this donkey went to the police over this makes me even happier that Cam did this, to a supposed adult no less.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawkpower":18owxah4 said:

His first down dance is just about the most annoying thing in the NFL, right up there with Kaeps bicep kiss and Russ' god talk.

Carolina hasnt faced much adversity yet this year. We may soon see if Cam has taken the next step in his maturity.

They've faced a lot of adversity this year. Again, Benjamin and Alexander out for the year. The highest paid player by far, Johnson, out until Thanksgiving. Kuechly, Lotulelei, Allen, Short, Davis, Thompson, Kalil, Norwell, Cotchery, Klein, et al have all been on the injury report or missed games. The games @CLink and vs the Colts and Packers showed different degrees of overcoming adversity late.

Cam's calendar year 2014 should erase all doubt in his ability to overcome adversity.

JAGHAWK

Reaction score
It's a big punch to the gut to know that Seattle could've easily one the game against Carolina, yet everyone else has struggled against them. We could've been their blemish on a perfect season. Sigh... what could've been.

Chapow

Reaction score
I'm 100% behind Cam on this. I would hope a Seahawk would do the same thing if someone pulled this crap at Century Link.

I wonder what would happen if someone did this at Lambeau? Pretty sure it wouldn't fly there either.

The only thing that is disappointing about this story is that the Panthers are "working" with the guy to "make it right" or whatever. In my opinion, they should refer this guy to the rule posted above and tell him to pound sand.

Cyrus12

Reaction score
if it were a 12th man flag I would expect the same thing...bring that stuff to enemy territory and this is what happens...

mrt144

Reaction score
DavidSeven":l8zqj9vx said:
I don't really see what's wrong with this.

If you bring a sign like that into an opposing stadium, then you run the risk of someone taking offense and ripping it down. That's just common sense. It happened to be a player this time. The lesson here is don't spend $500 (??) on a banner intended to agitate the 70,000 people around you. I'd be surprised if anyone took issue with this if Marshawn did the same thing at C-Link.

That's not the lesson. The lesson is treat such events with good humor and as entertainment. I'm all for bringing obnoxious signs that agitate people around you. The more agitating the better. :stirthepot:

drdiags

Reaction score
Sorry, it may violate some folks feeling they can do whatever they want whenever they want, but I agreed with his actions. It's like the Steeler fan who was at the Seattle/Panthers NFCCG with a giant steeler flag hanging on the side of the Clink. I would have grabbed it and thrown it over the railing.

It is not your stadium and if you wanted to rile folks up, that is what you got. The guy is boo-hooing that his kids wouldn't see him on TV. So it wasn't just about his love for his team. I would expect any team's fans to do the same to visiting fans. Our guys with the 12 Flag run the same risk.

Bad enough you have to sit in the stands an hear folks yelling "Go, Pack Go!" in your house or the stupid "E A G L E S, Eagles!" crap. I am a sore loser though, so you have to take that with a grain of salt.

Still, I think the guy should not be shocked that somehow his banner didn't survive the game.

HawkGA

Reaction score
CPHawk":21jrplr3 said:
He should send the guy a replacement, but it should read the score of the game on it.

I like this outcome. Cam probably should compensate the people for the sign (he makes millions, they probably don't) but they are being whiny little bitches going to the police about it.

Exittium

Reaction score
Here's how i look at. Let those who work there deal with it. Not Cam he has no right to take someones personal property and destroy it regardless. Thats like me inviting my father in law to my house and he's wearing his Broncos gear. Does it give me a right to shred his hat if he hangs it up? Hell no. Does it give me a right to destroy his annoyingly 80s looking jacket because he hung it in my closet? No. Does it give me the right to punch im in the gut and go NHL and strip the Sharp jersey he's wearing off and rip it? Nope... Thats still his. Does it give me a right to smash outbhis backwindow thay has a giant bronco logo? Nope... And vica versa.

In the end Cam took someones personal property and detroyed it. The Staff that works at the venue could have told him to remove it. And im sure Cam could have had it removed or even veen classier about it.

Me I'd remove it if I was Cam, and sign it, have the team sign it. Then post game have some green bay players sign it and give it back to dude. And then ask him not to bring it again. If he does then talk to staff that work there to deal with it

Overall it could have been handled with class.. What hebdid was not class

Storts

Reaction score
Can't believe so many people thinking Cam is in the wrong.

I think it's fantastic he did what he did. It makes a statement and I'd love it if a Hawks player did the same with an opposition banner in our house.

Ambrose83

Reaction score
ctrcat":2q2i0gkc said:
Hawkpower":2q2i0gkc said:

They've faced a lot of adversity this year. Again, Benjamin and Alexander out for the year. The highest paid player by far, Johnson, out until Thanksgiving. Kuechly, Lotulelei, Allen, Short, Davis, Thompson, Kalil, Norwell, Cotchery, Klein, et al have all been on the injury report or missed games. The games @CLink and vs the Colts and Packers showed different degrees of overcoming adversity late.

Cam's calendar year 2014 should erase all doubt in his ability to overcome adversity.

adversity like sherm and earl being idiots and letting olsen run unblocked for a wide open TD? I could have made that read 100/100 times.....