Cam rips up Packers fan sign

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Too much hype about a QB that only completes 53% of his passes. Cam is a self-centered moron. Just like the Kardashians, I wish he would just go away.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Meh.

Who cares.

He didn't steal somebody's children.

It would've been ruined in some light rain anyway.

253hawk

Reaction score
It was a vinyl sign, or whatever they make those things out of. Rain wouldn't hurt it in the slightest. It was a piece of personal memorabilia he was going to have signed by Packers players and hang up in his man cave; it was no different than holding a 12 flag or a jersey and waiting for the players to come out for warm-ups to autograph.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
253hawk":19b1vig6 said:
It was a vinyl sign, or whatever they make those things out of. Rain wouldn't hurt it in the slightest. It was a piece of personal memorabilia he was going to have signed by Packers players and hang up in his man cave; it was no different than holding a 12 flag or a jersey and waiting for the players to come out for warm-ups to autograph.

It looked like a Vinyl canvas backed sign. Those are pretty nice. I may try to have one made as I found a place in my wanderings that can probably do that work. May take it to a game then give it to a friend of mine.

marko358

Reaction score
253hawk":2nw8q2lc said:
How do you know the Packer players would have signed it? Did they send out a press release?

253hawk

Reaction score
I don't for certain, but deduction and logic strongly suggest it. Plus, lots of players love to see their fans supporting them on the road. Pre-game warm-ups are the best time for fan service since there isn't much going on.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Ambrose83":171uqe2n said:
ctrcat":171uqe2n said:
Hawkpower":171uqe2n said:
The guy is a freak athlete with a cannon for an arm.

His first down dance is just about the most annoying thing in the NFL, right up there with Kaeps bicep kiss and Russ' god talk.

He also in the past has shown terrible field demeanor during tough times.

Carolina hasnt faced much adversity yet this year. We may soon see if Cam has taken the next step in his maturity.

They've faced a lot of adversity this year. Again, Benjamin and Alexander out for the year. The highest paid player by far, Johnson, out until Thanksgiving. Kuechly, Lotulelei, Allen, Short, Davis, Thompson, Kalil, Norwell, Cotchery, Klein, et al have all been on the injury report or missed games. The games @CLink and vs the Colts and Packers showed different degrees of overcoming adversity late.

Cam's calendar year 2014 should erase all doubt in his ability to overcome adversity.

adversity like sherm and earl being idiots and letting olsen run unblocked for a wide open TD? I could have made that read 100/100 times.....

Four 80 yard TD drives

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ctrcat":19hhbt98 said:
Ambrose83":19hhbt98 said:
ctrcat":19hhbt98 said:
Hawkpower":19hhbt98 said:
The guy is a freak athlete with a cannon for an arm.

His first down dance is just about the most annoying thing in the NFL, right up there with Kaeps bicep kiss and Russ' god talk.

He also in the past has shown terrible field demeanor during tough times.

Carolina hasnt faced much adversity yet this year. We may soon see if Cam has taken the next step in his maturity.

They've faced a lot of adversity this year. Again, Benjamin and Alexander out for the year. The highest paid player by far, Johnson, out until Thanksgiving. Kuechly, Lotulelei, Allen, Short, Davis, Thompson, Kalil, Norwell, Cotchery, Klein, et al have all been on the injury report or missed games. The games @CLink and vs the Colts and Packers showed different degrees of overcoming adversity late.

Cam's calendar year 2014 should erase all doubt in his ability to overcome adversity.

adversity like sherm and earl being idiots and letting olsen run unblocked for a wide open TD? I could have made that read 100/100 times.....

Four 80 yard TD drives

The fact that Carolina had four drives doesn't erase the fact that our secondary crapped the bed on the winning pass play.

Carolina may have scored anyway...or Cam may have done a seizure inducing first down dance after running for 3 yards on a 4th and 5.

Both are entirely plausible scenarios.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
marko358":328ja74f said:
253hawk":328ja74f said:
How do you know the Packer players would have signed it? Did they send out a press release?

Signatures or lack thereof has nothing to do with the fact that it was a nice, well made, respectful sign rather than an obscenity laced, marker drawn, 1 dollar poster board variety.

One type is more fair game than the other.

Mature adults can use discretion. Some QB's are not mature adults.

ZagHawk

Reaction score
Because they did it at home, I think it's fair....as long as the team itself cleans it up and pays the man back for his sign.

I'll admit if I was at home and I saw some goon putting up a sign for the other team in my face, my thought would be how dare you put this **** here. I'd probably do the same, then tell my goons to go pay the man back for his stupid sign, so I don't have to look at it upset all game and can focus on football.

I will say I've been watching Cam finish these games lately, and the dude looks calm and confident.

marko358

Reaction score
There has to be a venn diagram floating around showing people outraged over this and people outraged over Starbucks' holiday cups. I'm guessing there's a huge overlap.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
marko358":2hl0iluk said:
There has to be a venn diagram floating around showing people outraged over this and people outraged over Starbucks' holiday cups. I'm guessing there's a huge overlap.

I dont see outrage as much as fans calling out Cam for continuing to be immature.

Question though- you would have no problem with an NFL player destroying $500 worth of your possessions because you committed the crime of being a fan in an opposing stadium? What if you had draped a couple of authentic hawk jerseys over a rail and a player came by, tore em down and ripped them up. You ok with that?

If the fan and the sign was disrespectful, your outrage over the outrage would at least hold some ground.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3eof2bw8 said:
marko358":3eof2bw8 said:

I dont see outrage as much as fans calling out Cam for continuing to be immature.

Question though- you would have no problem with an NFL player destroying $500 worth of your possessions because you committed the crime of being a fan in an opposing stadium? What if you had draped a couple of authentic hawk jerseys over a rail and a player came by, tore em down and ripped them up. You ok with that?

If the fan and the sign was disrespectful, your outrage over the outrage would at least hold some ground.

I'm not stupid enough to go to an opposing team's stadium and do things like that.

EDIT: If anything, I'd expect a home team fan to have ripped it up.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
marko358":31ad6sz9 said:
Hawkpower":31ad6sz9 said:
marko358":31ad6sz9 said:

I'm not stupid enough to go to an opposing team's stadium and do things like that.

EDIT: If anything, I'd expect a home team fan to have ripped it up.

You wouldnt wear a hawks jersey into an opposing teams stadium? Why not?

I fail to see how holding a respectful sign that states that you are a fan of the opposing team is any different than walking in decked out in your teams gear.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawkpower":hp6x1msy said:

I fail to see how holding a respectful sign that states that you are a fan of the opposing team is any different than walking in decked out in your teams gear.

Wearing a jersey and displaying a gigantic sign in the front row for the entire stadium to see are two completely different things IMO. I would be pissed off as hell if I was a season ticket holder and an opposing fan laid out that massive sign right in front of where I sit. Keep that for your stadium.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
marko358":7s5voetn said:
Hawkpower":7s5voetn said:

Wearing a jersey and displaying a gigantic sign in the front row for the entire stadium to see are two completely different things IMO. I would be pissed off as hell if I was a season ticket holder and an opposing fan laid out that massive sign right in front of where I sit. Keep that for your stadium.

So you have no problem with an NFL player immaturely ripping up $500 of merchandise for no reason, but you'd be "pissed" if someone had a sign by where you sit.

OK.....interesting priorities.

Agree to disagree I guess. The sign was not inflammatory. You might not like seeing it, but if its respectful, I see no difference between displaying your fandom that way and wearing a huge 12 Jersey and cheering like a maniac.

marko358

Reaction score
Hawkpower":kdydopua said:
The sign was not inflammatory.

The fact that it was a Green Bay sign in a stadium not named Lambeau Field automatically makes it inflammatory in that scenario.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
marko358":64fa3n8w said:
Hawkpower":64fa3n8w said:
The sign was not inflammatory.

The fact that it was a Green Bay sign in a stadium not named Lambeau Field automatically makes it inflammatory in that scenario.

I'm sure the indignation is the same when you see the 12 flags waiving at nearly every away game we play.

Never the less, still doesn't justify immaturely ripping it up. Ask him to take it down, it accomplishes the same goal.

marko358

Reaction score
*shrugs* I'd have the same response if Michael Bennett did that to a Niner fan at the Clink.