Cam rips up Packers fan sign

chris98251

Reaction score
Exittium":1tnu07o8 said:
Here's how i look at. Let those who work there deal with it. Not Cam he has no right to take someones personal property and destroy it regardless. Thats like me inviting my father in law to my house and he's wearing his Broncos gear. Does it give me a right to shred his hat if he hangs it up? Hell no. Does it give me a right to destroy his annoyingly 80s looking jacket because he hung it in my closet? No. Does it give me the right to punch im in the gut and go NHL and strip the Sharp jersey he's wearing off and rip it? Nope... Thats still his. Does it give me a right to smash outbhis backwindow thay has a giant bronco logo? Nope... And vica versa.

In the end Cam took someones personal property and detroyed it. The Staff that works at the venue could have told him to remove it. And im sure Cam could have had it removed or even veen classier about it.

Me I'd remove it if I was Cam, and sign it, have the team sign it. Then post game have some green bay players sign it and give it back to dude. And then ask him not to bring it again. If he does then talk to staff that work there to deal with it

Overall it could have been handled with class.. What hebdid was not class

Do you have rules about wearing other gear in your house?

The Panthers do, if it was hung on the Stadium then it's no longer in his possession and is part of the playing environment or the Stadium, open season. Looked bad he took it down :)

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ctrcat":2q13m19k said:
Hawkpower":2q13m19k said:
The guy is a freak athlete with a cannon for an arm.

His first down dance is just about the most annoying thing in the NFL, right up there with Kaeps bicep kiss and Russ' god talk.

He also in the past has shown terrible field demeanor during tough times.

Carolina hasnt faced much adversity yet this year. We may soon see if Cam has taken the next step in his maturity.

They've faced a lot of adversity this year. Again, Benjamin and Alexander out for the year. The highest paid player by far, Johnson, out until Thanksgiving. Kuechly, Lotulelei, Allen, Short, Davis, Thompson, Kalil, Norwell, Cotchery, Klein, et al have all been on the injury report or missed games. The games @CLink and vs the Colts and Packers showed different degrees of overcoming adversity late.

Cam's calendar year 2014 should erase all doubt in his ability to overcome adversity.

True, you guys have had injuries.

And true, you have played some close games.

But where Cam showed ugly colors in the past was when the team was struggling. All is good and well in Carolina right now. Being down in the 4th quarter by a touchdown is a challenge, but I wouldnt call it adversity, or at least enough to bring out the towel draping, pouting Cam that we have seen so often in the past.

Perhaps he has grown up. We all do at some point. Although the ridiculous first down dance begs to differ :)

Exittium

Reaction score
chris98251":2y6exf1c said:
Exittium":2y6exf1c said:
Here's how i look at. Let those who work there deal with it. Not Cam he has no right to take someones personal property and destroy it regardless. Thats like me inviting my father in law to my house and he's wearing his Broncos gear. Does it give me a right to shred his hat if he hangs it up? Hell no. Does it give me a right to destroy his annoyingly 80s looking jacket because he hung it in my closet? No. Does it give me the right to punch im in the gut and go NHL and strip the Sharp jersey he's wearing off and rip it? Nope... Thats still his. Does it give me a right to smash outbhis backwindow thay has a giant bronco logo? Nope... And vica versa.

In the end Cam took someones personal property and detroyed it. The Staff that works at the venue could have told him to remove it. And im sure Cam could have had it removed or even veen classier about it.

Me I'd remove it if I was Cam, and sign it, have the team sign it. Then post game have some green bay players sign it and give it back to dude. And then ask him not to bring it again. If he does then talk to staff that work there to deal with it

The Panthers do, if it was hung on the Stadium then it's no longer in his possession and is part of the playing environment or the Stadium, open season. Looked bad he took it down :)

So by your logic, its okay because of policy?. I still dont see where it said it was hanging on the stadium itself. I see in one line cam takes it down, and in another cam grabbed the banner from him.. And judging by this picture.
He had no right. And that picture that would be no different then our fans getting tickets above some tunnel holding and wave 12 flags. They're holding it. Thay article linked was edited as well. They removed the picture and they removed the part about the stadium policy probably because.... They didnt break policy and its probably why its being dealt with rather than the dude being told to kick rocks.
9208867 G

mrt144

Reaction score
Storts":3paeh6xn said:
Can't believe so many people thinking Cam is in the wrong.

I think it's fantastic he did what he did. It makes a statement and I'd love it if a Hawks player did the same with an opposition banner in our house.

It's one of the most purely entertaining things to happen in the NFL outside of the games themselves. It's about as close as you can come to an NFL player being a comic book character.

I'll save the seriousness to the Xs and Os and execution. Let the dudes have personality and do ridiculous lighthearted things.

This is like a thousand times less offensive than cheerleaders existing at all at the NFL level.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Exittium":cqfjf1np said:
chris98251":cqfjf1np said:
Exittium":cqfjf1np said:

So by your logic, its okay because of policy?. I still dont see where it said it was hanging on the stadium itself. I see in one line cam takes it down, and in another cam grabbed the banner from him.. And judging by this picture.
He had no right. And that picture that would be no different then our fans getting tickets above some tunnel holding and wave 12 flags. They're holding it. Thay article linked was edited as well. They removed the picture and they removed the part about the stadium policy probably because.... They didnt break policy and its probably why its being dealt with rather than the dude being told to kick rocks.
9208867 G

Yikes I guess I was picturing something else in regards to the sign.

I was ok with what Cam did, however, that's a nice looking sign, and really isnt inflammatory or disrespectful.

Without other mitigating circumstances, I'm not sure ripping it up is really called for.

253hawk

Reaction score
mrt144":1gn6a8no said:
It's one of the most purely entertaining things to happen in the NFL outside of the games themselves. It's about as close as you can come to an NFL player being a comic book character.

I'll save the seriousness to the Xs and Os and execution. Let the dudes have personality and do ridiculous lighthearted things.

This is like a thousand times less offensive than cheerleaders existing at all at the NFL level.

Sir, this is the No Fun League and god damn it, if I can't have any fun watching as a fan then neither can the players.

And Cam's 'explanation' is truly bizarre:

We played in Green Bay last year, and I didn't see no 'This is Panthers Country' sign in their stadium," Newton said. "I was passing. The sign was dangling. Either somebody was going to take it off, or I take it off.

So he tore it down because his own fans suck at traveling and supporting Carolina on the road? And follow up with the cop out "Well if I didn't do it, someone else would have anyway"? Please. I don't see how that is the fan's fault or problem. Call out your own for not showing up.

"It's no disrespect to nobody. It's just more of a respect to the stadium. We all know gangs, we all know territories, we all know businesses ... you're not about to sit up here and sell a Whopper at a McDonald's."

Uh...it's disrespect to the fan who put time and money into it. There's nothing that says you can't support your team as a visitor in the stadium. Gangs? Territories? Business? WTF is he going on about? The hell does supporting your team on the road have to do with independent fast-food franchises? There's a CBA, no team is winning or losing over the other economically here. The visiting fans paid for several tickets to BoA and probably many other concessions as well. Is that how you treat fans who come out to support their teams and your local economy at the same time?

"It just doesn't match," Newton reiterated of the Packers sign at Carolina's stadium. "No disrespect to any Green Bay Packer. It's just a respect thing."

Who made him Martha Stewart? A lot of crap isn't going to match, because there's always going to be visiting fans. I don't think any Packer was offended, but again, it's a fan's sign, I'm sure the players don't give a flying Harbaugh. What if this was the guy's first time to a Packers game, and he made a nice sign to start getting Packer signatures on it? Shut up about the respect thing, it was a classy sign as far as signs go and the only respect was the disrespect he showed in tearing it down. You wanna tear up disrespecting signs, go find that crusty old a-hole in the SE corner of C-Link with the #1 jersey and his stupid antagonizing signs. I bet he even bought that seat just so he could taunt visiting players every single game.

e: This stupid douche. Always makes me cringe.
107850804 display image

Hell, the whole corner is full of mouth-breathing idiots. I bet it reeks of hard alcohol down there. I am absolutely astonished they got the right your/you're in there, because they make those things on the spot during the game and not days before while sober (maybe) at home.

S09 weeki4pg vertical

Cam Newton is an immature moron with tiny ears and I'd take the Play 60 kid over his dumb ass any day.

hgwellz12

Reaction score
In a lofty place tanglin' with Satan over history.
The faux outrage by you uber classy, consummate professional, goody two shoe summumah's makes me want to geo-track you and tear the siding off your homes & put Kaepernick & Clay Matthews 'Fat Heads' on your garage doors. Simmer tf down.

253hawk

Reaction score
God forbid someone having differing views and opinions to your own. Which incendiary pile of trash should I place these books in, my Fuhrer?

Tearing the sign down was one thing, trying to defend and justify the action transcends all known forms of logic within the observable universe.

Newton's numbers across the board were nearly identical to Kaepernick's going into the week. He's nothing great and never will be because he'll never grow up.

rideaducati

Reaction score
JaiSeaSea":15nm6xga said:
Popeyejones":15nm6xga said:
If he grabbed it out of someone's hands that would be one thing, but if you're in someone else's stadium and affixing your banner to the wall you should expect for it to be torn down.

To be fair it shouldn't have even been up there to begin with:

No banners or flags expressing support of visiting teams may be affixed to or displayed on any surface. Hand held signs or posters that are in compliance with the balance of this policy are acceptable.

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/policie ... olicy.html

Well there you go. He is definitely a douche though for his first down celebrations. His rush TD too. It's like he has to squeeze 3 dances in 1. He's playing pretty damn good and I like his playing style. The other stuff I could do without most of the time. Especially when he does his first down head bobble and doesn't even get the first down.

With his NFL career going the way it has so far, Cam is only left having first downs to celebrate.

ctrcat

Reaction score
253hawk":19sz5yhz said:
God forbid someone having differing views and opinions to your own. Which incendiary pile of trash should I place these books in, my Fuhrer?

Tearing the sign down was one thing, trying to defend and justify the action transcends all known forms of logic within the observable universe.

Newton's numbers across the board were nearly identical to Kaepernick's going into the week. He's nothing great and never will be because he'll never grow up.

Numbers? If I'm not mistaken the goal is to score. The Panthers are 4th in scoring offense and if Gano didn't miss two PATs they'd be 3rd in front of Cincy. Is that because of castoff LT Michael Oher? UDFA RT Mike Remmers? UDFA OG Andrew Norwell? Ted Ginn?

253hawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":idq1iydy said:
If he grabbed it out of someone's hands that would be one thing, but if you're in someone else's stadium and affixing your banner to the wall you should expect for it to be torn down.

To be fair it shouldn't have even been up there to begin with:

No banners or flags expressing support of visiting teams may be affixed to or displayed on any surface. Hand held signs or posters that are in compliance with the balance of this policy are acceptable.

http://www.panthers.com/stadium/policie ... olicy.html

They were still holding it with their hands.

[youtube]dwHVXqCmHtY[/youtube]

I'd be willing to bet they were waiting for the Packers to come out for warm-ups to sign it and then were going to fold it up and put it away for the game.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
I just dont understand how bringing in that sign in is all that much different than group of people all wearing an opposing jersey and hats.

The sign isnt disrespectful. Are opposing fans not allowed to come into an opposing stadium and express their fandom respectfully? (I know what the rule was in the stadium, but that sign is not what the rule is intended to keep out)

Ripping that up was unnecessary. So many other ways that could have been handled.

Subzero717

Reaction score
I remember when the Giants rolled us at home when CW QB'd. They took a sign from dude in the southeast corner. He laughed. He should of asked for cash.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I would hope a Seahawk would rip an opposing team's sign down too. What was that guy expecting?

253hawk

Reaction score
To...not have it stolen? Security cleared it and/or made sure he understood the terms of use, so he should have been okay. It's not like it was being displayed during the game or anything, this was during warm-ups.

rideaducati

Reaction score
253hawk":360c9qqi said:
To...not have it stolen? Security cleared it and/or made sure he understood the terms of use, so he should have been okay. It's not like it was being displayed during the game or anything, this was during warm-ups.

This is way down on my list of concern. I'm not offended by this and I don't get offended for other people so this is a complete waste of my time.

Latest posts