Clayton says Bevell and Cable will be back

mrt144

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":3eftzm5i said:
That's a damn good idea. I'm gonna' make it happen.

Additional food for thought - you buy a cheap ass dog house from Target or Walmart - put Cable's name on it and then light the goddamn thing on fire. I hear if you do it just right you can hear the souls of Gilliam and Patrick Lewis ascend to heaven.

Seymour

Reaction score
IrishNW":290vqogt said:
Gee scott said on the John Clayton show that he now thinks Cable and Bevell wont be here next season. I'm not a huge fan of Gee Scott but I do know he has a closer relationship with the players then most other media guys. I think he might have a legit source on this information.

So I'm curious if Clayton still held his same opinion or disagreed with Scotts opinion?

I'm looking for any sliver of hope I can grasp. :?

original poster

Reaction score
Seymour":25ywjbny said:

You and me both, Seymour.

Please, world. Don’t be cruel and give us hope.

IrishNW

Reaction score
Seymour":17dxnsp9 said:
IrishNW":17dxnsp9 said:
Gee scott said on the John Clayton show that he now thinks Cable and Bevell wont be here next season. I'm not a huge fan of Gee Scott but I do know he has a closer relationship with the players then most other media guys. I think he might have a legit source on this information.

So I'm curious if Clayton still held his same opinion or disagreed with Scotts opinion?

Clayton's opinion that both coaches will be retained is because he takes what Pete says at face value. He dosn't have inside source leaks or what ever. He just comes up with logical conclusions from the information that we all have access too. Gee Scott seems to have an inside source ( Doug Baldwin IMO) and presented his information in a read between the lines sort of way.

chris98251

Reaction score
Well it is Wednesday, with the current coaching situation across the league and Pete being Pete you would think he would cut them loose so they could get on someone else's staff if he is going to release them.

djb28

Reaction score
Does DirecTV still let you choose a half season? If so, That is what I will do. I am not paying top dollar for a team that plays one qtr of football.

Boycie

Reaction score
jammerhawk":2gg7gd8n said:
Good Grief!

Talk about a lot of hand wringing hyperbole. C’mon fellas it’s freaking Tuesday and the season ended on Sunday. Cable is a coaching candidate elsewhere, so are few other of out team’s coaches. Perhaps Bevel will find he’s wanted for a college HC job. Just b/c the axe has not chopped off all their heads yet doesn’t mean they will be back here next season.

The changes may happen by default or upon an anticipated annual performance review.otr upon the incidence of other factors.

It’s way early yet.

Maybe that is why Pete didn't throw him or Bev under the bus because he might know that one of them, or both might get snapped up, and he wouldn't have to put a bullet in either of them?

AgentDib

Reaction score
IrishNW":2cv0ei00 said:
Gee Scott seems to have an inside source ( Doug Baldwin IMO) and presented his information in a read between the lines sort of way.
And do you think Doug Baldwin is currently attending the discussions with the top of the Seahawks FO? Unless Gee's source is Allen, McLoughlin or Carroll then he's just speculating about coaching changes like the rest of us. The only bit that I heard had him talking about "his hunch".

jmahon316

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2p77inmd said:
jammerhawk":2p77inmd said:
Good Grief!

Talk about a lot of hand wringing hyperbole. C’mon fellas it’s freaking Tuesday and the season ended on Sunday. Cable is a coaching candidate elsewhere, so are few other of out team’s coaches. Perhaps Bevel will find he’s wanted for a college HC job. Just b/c the axe has not chopped off all their heads yet doesn’t mean they will be back here next season.

The changes may happen by default or upon an anticipated annual performance review.otr upon the incidence of other factors.

It’s way early yet.

Maybe that is why Pete didn't throw him or Bev under the bus because he might know that one of them, or both might get snapped up, and he wouldn't have to put a bullet in either of them?

In that case, do you see Carroll pulling the trigger if neither one of them gets scooped up elsewhere?

IrishNW

Reaction score
AgentDib":4s6ume04 said:
IrishNW":4s6ume04 said:
Gee Scott seems to have an inside source ( Doug Baldwin IMO) and presented his information in a read between the lines sort of way.
And do you think Doug Baldwin is currently attending the discussions with the top of the Seahawks FO? Unless Gee's source is Allen, McLoughlin or Carroll then he's just speculating about coaching changes like the rest of us. The only bit that I heard had him talking about "his hunch".

Baldwin obviously would not know what the FO is actually going to do. He does however understand what the dynamics of this football team are and that puts him in a better situation to be predicting moves. Gee Scotts "hunch" was his read between the lines. Obviously I'm speculating like everyone but I thought it was obvious hes just protecting his sources

Gibbo

Reaction score
Just listened back. Sounds like Cable more than Bev will go if any.

I actually think Gee knows something; thats the feeling I got listening back. He said the players on O are happy with Bev which is interesting.

JC said Cable would have been recommended for the HC job if Pete went too which is very interesting.

Either way, I'm feeling better in the sense that I feel changes will be made even if it's just one of them gone.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
The next time anyone has the urge to blame the poor OL play on Wilson's scrambling, please know that Cable's lines have been poor for every team he's coached recently:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/EvanonHB/status/948633871800659968[/tweet]

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":2kh1g54v said:
The next time anyone has the urge to blame the poor OL play on Wilson's scrambling, please know that Cable's lines have been poor for every team he's coached recently:

Why Cable continues to be viewed as a "good/great" offensive line coach, I will never know...

Seymour

Reaction score
CodeWarrior":1ye3l0pe said:

Nothing new to me. Maybe the graphic version will get through to those non believers that he is killing our franchise QB.

Here it is, well over 1000 words.

SeahawksCanuck

Reaction score
Not surprising unfortunately. I don't even necessarily believe for sure that Bevell and Cable are the problem, but after so many years of sub-par performance from their groups, I'd like to see what someone else can do with our personnel. Perhaps it turns out coaching wasn't the problem, but sometimes a fresh perspective is good and at this point I think it would be worth the risk of a change.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Gibbo":775frvhi said:
Just listened back. Sounds like Cable more than Bev will go if any.

I actually think Gee knows something; thats the feeling I got listening back. He said the players on O are happy with Bev which is interesting.

JC said Cable would have been recommended for the HC job if Pete went too which is very interesting.

Either way, I'm feeling better in the sense that I feel changes will be made even if it's just one of them gone.

I would prefer it if the players were not “happy” with the OC. I’d like them to be unhappy and motivated.

Too much complacency on this team.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
IrishNW":1yyeh77r said:
this is telling as 24hrs previous he said he thought they would return... intresting :D :D

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Think time is telling. If there was anguish in coaching there would have been something done by now. This looks like a "circle the wagons deal" and someone has pitched a decent argument to PA. I'm a little worried that business has taken over winning with our team. After seeing Lewis resigned in Cincinnati it made me wonder if franchises get to a point were dollars overtake winning. Pete goes, less interest in the franchise. Pete wants his guys. PA likes the revenue.

I don't know, it worries me though because I hold a firm belief that our owner only wants to win championships.

Latest posts