Clayton says Bevell and Cable will be back

randomation

Reaction score
So at what point does Russ tell them straight up he won't sign another contract as long as Cable is coaching the joke of an Oline? He is a Dad now as well as a step dad have to think he wants to be healthy to enjoy his millions with his kids.

Boycie

Reaction score
jmahon316":20ug3y1m said:
Ace_Rimmer":20ug3y1m said:
jammerhawk":20ug3y1m said:
Good Grief!

Talk about a lot of hand wringing hyperbole. C’mon fellas it’s freaking Tuesday and the season ended on Sunday. Cable is a coaching candidate elsewhere, so are few other of out team’s coaches. Perhaps Bevel will find he’s wanted for a college HC job. Just b/c the axe has not chopped off all their heads yet doesn’t mean they will be back here next season.

The changes may happen by default or upon an anticipated annual performance review.otr upon the incidence of other factors.

It’s way early yet.

Maybe that is why Pete didn't throw him or Bev under the bus because he might know that one of them, or both might get snapped up, and he wouldn't have to put a bullet in either of them?

In that case, do you see Carroll pulling the trigger if neither one of them gets scooped up elsewhere?

Probably not, but maybe Pete is hoping that someone will take one of these two off of his hands because he can't bring himself to fire them.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3v8uazxe said:
acctingman":3v8uazxe said:
9-7 or 8-8 next year

Book it.

7-9...fixed it for you. You see our 2018 schedule. I only see about 4 games where 100 percent we can win.

Reality.

:cry:

Seymour

Reaction score
Sox-n-Hawks":6o8nkg9a said:
We need to be axing folks like Green Bay right now.

According to Pete there are families and friendships to consider. :roll:

Always compete my ass. "Championship week with bush league coaches" should be the new mantra.

Nothing like spotting every team in the league 10 points coaching advantage every week.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
Seymour":1m2i7v83 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":1m2i7v83 said:

Always compete my ass. "Championship week with bush league coaches" should be the new mantra.

Nothing like spotting every team in the league 10 points coaching advantage every week.

Family and friends to consider? I'm sorry but aren't you the boss? Boss has to make tough calls for what's best for the team and/or company. What's this bull about thinking about feelings and making sure they don't get hurt? I was in the Marines for four years, had my share of disciplining or having those talks to my guys and I'm sure I hurt plenty of feelings and know they had families but sometimes it has to be done to get a point across.

Canning Cable or Bevell or both sends a message to the rest of your staff; do your job. Keep screwing up you can do it somewhere else. This tells the rest of the staff instead you have a blank check.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
Gee Scott is pretty dialed in as far as this team is concerned ... so if he's hearing that Bevell and Cable are rumored to be on the way out ... I'd take that as a good sign.

I wouldn't put any stock in Doug Baldwin's comments or the comments of any of the players that are voicing confidence in Bevell and the offense as it stands right now moving forward. It was always stressed to me, "Beware the dreaded vote of confidence. It's the virtual kiss of death." That's my take on all that.

I personally just don't see any way that those 2 CAN realistically keep their jobs. All Pete has preached since Day 1 is "Compete" and accountability. What kind of message does that send to the players and everyone else associated with the organization if Bevell and Cable AREN'T canned? Seriously. That completely destroys all semblance of credibility if heads don't roll. Things will just flat out not be sustainable if they aren't held accountable. Bottom line.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":34cjm36j said:
Gee Scott is pretty dialed in as far as this team is concerned ... so if he's hearing that Bevell and Cable are rumored to be on the way out ... I'd take that as a good sign.

I wouldn't put any stock in Doug Baldwin's comments or the comments of any of the players that are voicing confidence in Bevell and the offense as it stands right now moving forward. It was always stressed to me, "Beware the dreaded vote of confidence. It's the virtual kiss of death." That's my take on all that.

I personally just don't see any way that those 2 CAN realistically keep their jobs. All Pete has preached since Day 1 is "Compete" and accountability. What kind of message does that send to the players and everyone else associated with the organization if Bevell and Cable AREN'T canned? Seriously. That completely destroys all semblance of credibility if heads don't roll. Things will just flat out not be sustainable if they aren't held accountable. Bottom line.

Is there any chance they are holding on to them until they've interviewed elsewhere? give them the chance to leave before being fired?

Seymour

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":2qz3bfsw said:

As much as I'd love to, this is now Friday and ever tick of the clock is 1 tick closer to a rePete of the last 2 seasons.

Clock animated gif 19

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Seahawk_Dan":hutqnw11 said:
Seymour":hutqnw11 said:
Sox-n-Hawks":hutqnw11 said:

Family and friends to consider? I'm sorry but aren't you the boss? Boss has to make tough calls for what's best for the team and/or company. What's this bull about thinking about feelings and making sure they don't get hurt? I was in the Marines for four years, had my share of disciplining or having those talks to my guys and I'm sure I hurt plenty of feelings and know they had families but sometimes it has to be done to get a point across.

Canning Cable or Bevell or both sends a message to the rest of your staff; do your job. Keep screwing up you can do it somewhere else. This tells the rest of the staff instead you have a blank check.

As much as you enjoy being The One Who's Cutting Through The BS And Telling It Like It Is right now, all that Pete means is that he's not going to take firings lightly or reactionary-ily. Doesn't mean they won't happen; it just means they will be done if they're earned, not to pacify fans. Chill out.

GeekHawk

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":3qlxmjd5 said:
As much as you enjoy being The One Who's Cutting Through The BS And Telling It Like It Is right now, all that Pete means is that he's not going to take firings lightly or reactionary-ily. Doesn't mean they won't happen; it just means they will be done if they're earned, not to pacify fans. Chill out.

It's hard to imagine how two firings could have been more richly earned, over the course of many years. It's hard to imaging any other team not named Cleveland Browns still holding onto those two.

edogg23

Reaction score
Just imagine all the heads exploding if we finally get rid of Bevell only to have Tom Cable replace him as OC.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
GeekHawk":1y32wj1q said:
MontanaHawk05":1y32wj1q said:

It's hard to imagine how two firings could have been more richly earned, over the course of many years. It's hard to imaging any other team not named Cleveland Browns still holding onto those two.

Cable hasn't made enough of a case for himself. Bevell is a nonfactor, to me. I've seen enough from him. I just think Wilson is going to need a stupendous OC, rather than a bog-standard one, to realize his potential.

chris98251

Reaction score
So the delay is why? Seeing if someone wants to hirer them as a Head Coach? Or Pete trying to interview replacement candidates before he lets them go ? Seahawks under this regime have always been late to let information come out, Most teams have made their evaluations of staff by now and are in replacement mode. This is happening about as quick as our game day adjustments, we will wait till the 4th quarter.

LickMyNuts

Reaction score
Does Darrell Bevel get another NFL offensive coordinator job when the Seahawks finally let go of him?

original poster

Reaction score
HawkNuts":35sch6pz said:
Does Darrell Bevel get another NFL offensive coordinator job when the Seahawks finally let go of him?

He'd be picked up as a QB coach IMO.

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":wwikjwcr said:

I don't see how it's necessarily reactionary. These two failed at their jobs time and time again. Firing two coach's after their first season or time in that position is certainly reactionary, but these two have been apart of the team and their respective jobs for YEARS now. What do they have to show for it? An ineffective offense and o-line that is made up of lint and rubber bands.

This is just Carroll being Carroll though, always tries to fix the problems on the surface. The cosmetic issues when he refuses to look deeper at the real underlying problem.

Smellyman

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":1f824kxt said:
GeekHawk":1f824kxt said:
MontanaHawk05":1f824kxt said:

Cable hasn't made enough of a case for himself. Bevell is a nonfactor, to me. I've seen enough from him. I just think Wilson is going to need a stupendous OC, rather than a bog-standard one, to realize his potential.

Wilson just needs a bog-standard one, not a Madden level play design one.

adeltaY

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2i77j48i said:
GeekHawk":2i77j48i said:
MontanaHawk05":2i77j48i said:

Who doesn't? Brees has Payton, Brady has McDaniels. Rodgers has had subpar coaching for a while and even he struggled most of 2015 and the first half of 2016. Now GB is shaking things up. Peyton Manning maybe didn't need a good OC.

Then again, most of these guys are much older and more experienced than Russ. Give him a creative OC. Doesn't have to be Shanny or McVay level, but someone good.