Clayton says Bevell and Cable will be back

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3c0pnk4n said:
I've watched Seahawk football since its inception, including the early 90's

I know embarrassing football.

If only us old timers would have known back then that being a play or two from the playoffs was the new barometer for embarrassing in the future :lol:

This is the level of perspective needed to keep Hawk fans sane. Thank you!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seagal2013":2o7bty0i said:
SoulfishHawk":2o7bty0i said:
I'm hoping more people give up their seats. A lot of great fans out there who have been waiting to get in on season tickets.
Not sure how many fans..even the great ones, are willing to part with that much money to watch a team that was once so great play substandard and frankly EMBARRASSING football!

Luckily this is one of the greatest fanbases in NFL history.

We sold out the Kingdome, we sold out the Clink, and we'll continue to sell out any stadium our team plays in, win or lose.

To think otherwise tells me you might be one of those names that shall not be named type of fans that only started paying attention around 2012-2013.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Been telling people that forever, they haven't missed a sellout in over a decade. They had huge crowds even during down years.

Seymour

Reaction score
Jville":dkfobqwe said:
Russ Willstrong":dkfobqwe said:
Pete likely retires in a few years. If John Schneider ..........

I suspect Pete Carroll has a full decade ahead of him ...... maybe two.

We're not privy to much of what goes on at the VMAC. However, the evolving body and mind nutrition programs on going at the VMAC are leading edge. They are " All about helping people be the best they can be". Pete Carroll benefits along with everyone else. Always Compete.

Agree. We have Lacy, Ifedi and McDowell as proof of that as well. ;)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":178apb2u said:
What would our record have to be next year to cause major coaching changes?

It'd have to be bad enough for Pete to leave or get fired, cause it's obvious by his press conference today that he's taking his coordinators down with the sinking ship.

Fade

Reaction score
adeltaY":2eflwogg said:
What would our record have to be next year to cause major coaching changes?
Russ has to stay healthy first. They can always play that pathetic card.

If Russ stays healthy. I would say 5-11. I got them going 7-9 right now, but it's way too early of course.

Str8OuttaSkittles

Reaction score
this is downright dumb in any line of work if your underperforming for years and this season was probably the most inept display then your gonna hit the road jack . there are only so many chances you get what makes them think next year will be any different its been the same for over 3 years this is just bad if true yes we had injuries but thats really no excuse when the players we have should slot in and do their job OC's cannot get them to perform or are the players really that bad? gonna be a long long season again

pmedic920

Reaction score
Seymour":11579iub said:
austinslater25":11579iub said:
I'm holding out hope Cable gets hired away although with his domestic violence issues and the current landscape i seriously doubt it fair or not. Bevell isn't drawing any interest and hasn't for years so he's not going anywhere. Somewhat surprised someone in the building isn't demanding for a change at least in part because the current marriage isn't working.

You do that and I'll start a go fund me page to send Cable on a nice quiet vacation in the tropics. :2thumbs:

A99118 fell sky 7 coconut

Ha, the reality is, we probably should start a go fund me page.

One by the 12s to get rid of C &B.

We could all tweet it out to NFLN & ESPN.

IT WOULD GET SOME ATTENTION, wouldn’t change anything but it would get noticed.

Whatever is raised could go to some charity’s.

I’m 99.9% serious.

seahawkfreak

Reaction score
Str8OuttaSkittles":yr2vi5l0 said:
this is downright dumb in any line of work if your underperforming for years and this season was probably the most inept display then your gonna hit the road jack . there are only so many chances you get what makes them think next year will be any different its been the same for over 3 years this is just bad if true yes we had injuries but thats really no excuse when the players we have should slot in and do their job OC's cannot get them to perform or are the players really that bad? gonna be a long long season again

Was somewhat similar in 2011 as well.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
why should we accept 3 quarters of historically bad offense.

Nevermind it might be argued the opposite. When you know how difficult it is to luck into a great roster, you don't squander those years because when you get bad you tend to stay bad for a while.

So because we were crappier in the past, we should be OK with crappy now?

Btw those offenses tgen were often better than our offense now. The qb is better now but the results after 3 quarters tee to be worse than those crappier teams.

Spin Doctor

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3h5s6gg9 said:
MontanaHawk05":3h5s6gg9 said:
TwistedHusky":3h5s6gg9 said:
(that said, what happened? Remember when we went to a quick passing offense a few years ago? How it was almost unstoppable? Russ was throwing darts, Baldwin was scoring all over the place. Bevell was the coordinator then too, so I am not sure why we decided we were not doing that anymore? We went away from it the next year and sucked again. What gives?)

That's the best question that everyone's not asking.

Because if you're speaking philosophically as to what the game of football is, and what works to win consistently?.............................it's the same as it's always been. Play elite defense and run the ball. Because those are the two things that not only travel, but can be productive when the weather's nasty when it matters most.

It's not a coincidence that all off the playoff teams except one have top 10 run games. Same with Alabama and Georgia, they're the top two run offenses in the country.

Doesn't mean you can't win with a bad run game and passing offense, but can you sustain that and consistently win SB's? That's very hard to do, and Pete knows it.
There is one glaring flaw in this assessment; the Seahawks cannot run the ball, and really haven't been able too for a few years. Moreover, a short passing game is detrimental to controlling the flow of the game. Going for low percentage deep throws on a consistent basis causes the offense to stall out. These are big plays, but they have a lower chance of succeeding, ESPECIALLY in bad weather.

Pete wants to build a ball control offense, but he is relying on plays that have a well under 50 percent success rate to move the ball, and keep the defense off of the field. Ideally, a robust offense has a mix of everything, we are, and have been relying on Russell Wilson to make nothing happen out of thin air. This kind of offense is unsustainable, and I think that we have good evidence to support this statement.

mrt144

Reaction score
Spin Doctor":1cirog7r said:
Sgt. Largent":1cirog7r said:
MontanaHawk05":1cirog7r said:
TwistedHusky":1cirog7r said:
(that said, what happened? Remember when we went to a quick passing offense a few years ago? How it was almost unstoppable? Russ was throwing darts, Baldwin was scoring all over the place. Bevell was the coordinator then too, so I am not sure why we decided we were not doing that anymore? We went away from it the next year and sucked again. What gives?)

That's the best question that everyone's not asking.

Because if you're speaking philosophically as to what the game of football is, and what works to win consistently?.............................it's the same as it's always been. Play elite defense and run the ball. Because those are the two things that not only travel, but can be productive when the weather's nasty when it matters most.

It's not a coincidence that all off the playoff teams except one have top 10 run games. Same with Alabama and Georgia, they're the top two run offenses in the country.

Doesn't mean you can't win with a bad run game and passing offense, but can you sustain that and consistently win SB's? That's very hard to do, and Pete knows it.
There is one glaring flaw in this assessment; the Seahawks cannot run the ball, and really haven't been able too for a few years. Moreover, a short passing game is detrimental to controlling the flow of the game. Going for low percentage deep throws on a consistent basis causes the offense to stall out. These are big plays, but they have a lower chance of succeeding, ESPECIALLY in bad weather.

Pete wants to build a ball control offense, but he is relying on plays that have a well under 50 percent success rate to move the ball, and keep the defense off of the field. Ideally, a robust offense has a mix of everything, we are, and have been relying on Russell Wilson to make nothing happen out of thin air. This kind of offense is unsustainable, and I think that we have good evidence to support this statement.

I'll throw in one humdinger for the last paragraph - Throwing deep balls at secondaries with some reputation for being good, like you don't even scout their aptitudes before the game.

ducks41468

Reaction score
We're honestly heading toward a Bengals/Marvin Lewis situation where Cable and Bevell will still be here in like 12 years leading this team to a perpetual 7-9 record.

The Breh

Reaction score
Cyrus12":1qrmojlx said:
Or a guy with a lot of character issues...don't worry Pete can work with him..worked out for McDowell...
Lynch
Clark
Richardson
Jordan

We literally have zero idea what he's capable of as a Hawk yet.
Besides crashing an ATV, so I'll jump on that original and expected response before all the guys that think they're funny, do.

Seymour

Reaction score
mrt144":3unbkcal said:
I'll throw in one humdinger for the last paragraph - Throwing deep balls at secondaries with some reputation for being good, like you don't even scout their aptitudes before the game.

Ohh you silly goose. That is what the first half is for. We realized that at halftime down 169-0 and made the proper adjustments. So what is the beef here? :sarcasm_off:

Seymour

Reaction score
The Breh":1ztcbwos said:
Cyrus12":1ztcbwos said:
Or a guy with a lot of character issues...don't worry Pete can work with him..worked out for McDowell...
Lynch
Clark
Richardson
Jordan

We literally have zero idea what he's capable of as a Hawk yet.
Besides crashing an ATV, so I'll jump on that original and expected response before all the guys that think they're funny, do.

Risks are OK if limited to later rounds. Taking risks on your first pick with several serious needs is not a winning formula....period.

Latest posts