Colin Kaepernick for backup quarterback?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeak

Reaction score
Largent80":2yqwfb18 said:
NINEster":2yqwfb18 said:
Largent80":2yqwfb18 said:
Look at it this way. Houston got rid of their QB (who was/is HORRID) and haven't even considered Krapper.

Again, politics. NO...WRONG

If/when that subsides he will be a normal QB in the league again. NO...WRONG

Ironically I could see the Seahawks being a top 5 landing spot for him giving the similarities to Wilson, the liberal air of the PNW, and now we have seen a season where Wilson's health was at risk. NO...WRONG

Kap >>>> Boykin if you care about winning games. Why else was Wilson stuck out there so long?
NO...WRONG

It is clearly political. I can't link to it but there is ZERO doubt that it is not just because of his ability

Do you really believe that he is not at least the 62nd best QB in this league? That is all it takes to at least be brought in to be a backup

ivotuk

Reaction score
He doesn't have a job for the same reason Jay Cutler doesn't have a job. Attitude and declining skills.

He was never that good to begin with, even Trent Dilfer was bemoaning that fact toward's the end of Russell Wilson's rookie season.

"He hasn't developed like that guy up in the Northwest." Dilfer couldn't even bring himself to say Russell's name because they Seahawks were SF's nemesis.

NINEster

Reaction score
Largent80":27gmaaky said:
NINEster":27gmaaky said:
Largent80":27gmaaky said:
Look at it this way. Houston got rid of their QB (who was/is HORRID) and haven't even considered Krapper.

Again, politics. NO...WRONG

If/when that subsides he will be a normal QB in the league again. NO...WRONG

Ironically I could see the Seahawks being a top 5 landing spot for him giving the similarities to Wilson, the liberal air of the PNW, and now we have seen a season where Wilson's health was at risk. NO...WRONG

Kap >>>> Boykin if you care about winning games. Why else was Wilson stuck out there so long?
NO...WRONG

The hatred for the 49ers and Kap is so strong you can't even agree with the national consensus on this one.

When you have all of these non 49er fans sticking up for Kap when many of them either never cared/known or liked him as a football player, says a lot.

That's the problem with you. You love to be contrarian just for the sake of it.

Even when many Niner fans have accepted the truth with their son, you can't even give the most minor of credit. Guys who couldn't sniff Kap's early years let alone EVEN LAST YEAR get jobs all the time in this league. I know you'd rather have Josh Freeman on 3 days practice with a new team (Vikings) than Kap, I get it.

And that's ok with me, because just when I feel ready to put away the kerosene you keep giving me more reasons to keep it stocked. :mrgreen:

Miami Dolphins DC just texted me that based off of 2016 alone, he would prefer facing Wilson's one epic drive over Kap's 3 TD game going forward. :irishdrinkers: :mrgreen:

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
If he's so good, why didn't your sorry organization keep him?

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":2btylay2 said:
He doesn't have a job for the same reason Jay Cutler doesn't have a job. Attitude and declining skills.

He was never that good to begin with, even Trent Dilfer was bemoaning that fact toward's the end of Russell Wilson's rookie season.

"He hasn't developed like that guy up in the Northwest." Dilfer couldn't even bring himself to say Russell's name because they Seahawks were SF's nemesis.

The difference is that the 49er players liked Kaepernick enough to give him their Eshmont award

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/30/c ... lsh-award/

He had the support of the locker room unlike Jay Cutler

King Dog

Reaction score
Sign him and then let him play without a red jersey behind out #3 line in training camp

NINEster

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":gxi2qwgj said:

Everyone needs a reboot at this point....both SF & Kap. The 2015 season ruined Kap primarily because he has been a target for media scrutiny and didn't have the luxury of hiding a s*** season the way Cam Newton or other QBs have been able to.

Based on what I saw last year alone, Kap should have agreed to the trade with Denver on a reworked contract and he could have won quite a bit of games for them.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
NINEster":171z3xx3 said:
Siouxhawk":171z3xx3 said:

Everyone needs a reboot at this point....both SF & Kap. The 2015 season ruined Kap primarily because he has been a target for media scrutiny and didn't have the luxury of hiding a s*** season the way Cam Newton or other QBs have been able to.

Based on what I saw last year alone, Kap should have agreed to the trade with Denver on a reworked contract and he could have won quite a bit of games for them.
Fair enough. I just don't want to see him on the Hawks. It will be interesting to see which publicly unpopular quarterback gets signed first, Kap or Cutler? Might be best for both to sit tight and await a training camp or early-season injury.

ivotuk

Reaction score
I'm with Brock on this. When asked why EJ Manuel has a job, and Jay Cutler, RGIII and Colin Kaepernick don't, he said:

"They don't make those around them better. Jay Cutler threw for 5000 yards, RGII was Rookie of the Year, Colin played in a Superbowl."

I'd add that all 3 have an attitude problem. They are as far from having "it" as a QB can be.

Blue 42

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... 0Blue%2042

Popeyejones

Reaction score
mikeak":2ecifdq6 said:
The difference is that the 49er players liked Kaepernick enough to give him their Eshmont award

http://www.mercurynews.com/2016/12/30/c ... lsh-award/

He had the support of the locker room unlike Jay Cutler

Yep. To call Kaepernick a locker room problem is laughable.

He's a team owner problem.

FWIW I think the 49ers are dumb not to bring him back. FWIW I really like Hoyer as a bridge QB for a bad team, but the chance of him making it through a season are basically nill.

And Kaepernick already knows the (these days, pointlessly complicated) WCO verbiage from playing with Harbaugh, and all the play action and designed roll outs that KS leans on totally play to the few things Kaepernick is good at.

I get that Lynch and KS are really going out of their way to make a clean break from 9ers players from the old regime (cutting Phil Dawson to sign Robbie Gould? :lol: You only do that as a symbolic way to make a clean break between regimes), but I think as a #2 who would be likely to get some run Kaepernick would actually be useful for them.

mikeak

Reaction score
ivotuk":15259w9v said:
I'm with Brock on this. When asked why EJ Manuel has a job, and Jay Cutler, RGIII and Colin Kaepernick don't, he said:

"They don't make those around them better. Jay Cutler threw for 5000 yards, RGII was Rookie of the Year, Colin played in a Superbowl."

I'd add that all 3 have an attitude problem. They are as far from having "it" as a QB can be.

Blue 42

http://sports.mynorthwest.com/category/ ... 0Blue%2042

EJ Manuel is still a relative unknown from being in one system and not knowing how good that system is

Cutler has been with many teams and multiple coordinators. He has had great players around him and he keeps pissing people off and making bad throws showing he doesn't care about keeping the football. He doesn't counter that with enough positive play like Brett Favre did so he is out

RGIII had ONE good season. If you go back and look at tape (there was fantastic youtube video made) that season came from a system that is IMPOSSIBLE to sustain in the NFL. They ran that guy straight up the gut for 1 yard runs in a way that you cannot continue to expose the QB. It did however create opportunities for passing to open players but at the cost of breaking the QB. Put RGIII in a normal system with some running and he shows that he is not that good of a QB. Maybe if he gets "re-trained" he can become something, but his body is probably never going to hold up

Kaepernick showed last year that at worst he is an average QB. It continues to come down to the fact that he has now separated himself as an unpopular person to a group of people. That matters as the country is completely divided politically and NFL owners cares about one thing more than winning and that one thing is $$$$.

You can live with pissing off animal rights activists when signing someone like Michael Vick because they don't provide a lot of revenue to begin with. You cannot live with pissing off the group of people that don't like Kaepernick simply because his political opinions. That group supports not only the league as a whole with a whole lot of money but they also support primary sponsors like Beer, Soda and Fast food companies.........

toffee

Reaction score
I am all for bring Kaepernick in as RW's backup. That way, if and when RW needs a break, we have someone who can step in.

BostonBlackie

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly said:
Kaepernick doesn't have an attitude problem as far as I can tell.

Any attitude problem he has is easily solved by him shutting up. The thing is that won't solve his QB problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.