Colts Chiefs game

kf3339

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":2cv75css said:
It wasn't the injuries or the referees that lost the Chiefs the game. They choked that one away.

Now everyone knows why Philly got rid of Reid.

And why SF wanted to ditch Smith.

Reid tightens up in the playoffs. In spite of those injuries, they could have and should have won it.

And Smith is just gutless. He stopped trying to score TDs midway through the half. You could almost read "Just don't fumble the game away or throw a pick" in every snap. The moment they got near the goal line he refused to even try to put it in the end zone.

And the Chiefs rolling out with playcalling like running up the middle on the opponent's 40 with a 25th string RB, well they deserved to lose. They needed to get closer, not drain the clock down. But here they are trying to drain to clock down to preserve a lead they didn't even have yet and wouldn't get.

Alex Smith and Reid are take no chances guys that play football not to lose, so they win a lot in the regular season but lose in the playoffs against teams that try to win.

I don't know what game you were watching but perhaps it would be best to think defense issues by KC; not offense.

Atradees

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":blhwnnad said:
It wasn't the injuries or the referees that lost the Chiefs the game. They choked that one away.

Now everyone knows why Philly got rid of Reid.

And why SF wanted to ditch Smith.

Reid tightens up in the playoffs. In spite of those injuries, they could have and should have won it.

And Smith is just gutless. He stopped trying to score TDs midway through the half. You could almost read "Just don't fumble the game away or throw a pick" in every snap. The moment they got near the goal line he refused to even try to put it in the end zone.

And the Chiefs rolling out with playcalling like running up the middle on the opponent's 40 with a 25th string RB, well they deserved to lose. They needed to get closer, not drain the clock down. But here they are trying to drain to clock down to preserve a lead they didn't even have yet and wouldn't get.

Alex Smith and Reid are take no chances guys that play football not to lose, so they win a lot in the regular season but lose in the playoffs against teams that try to win.

Exactly.

253hawk

Reaction score
I only feel bad for KC because it was the Colts.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
A London Hawk":2p6iv18m said:
KCHawkGirl":2p6iv18m said:
What a collapse.

I'm betting KC won't be a fun place to live the next few days.
Au contraire my team is still alive.:)

I didn't realize how deep their issues on defense ran. It was quite shocking really.

SeahawkSack

Reaction score
KCHawkGirl":2flkd9jy said:
A London Hawk":2flkd9jy said:
KCHawkGirl":2flkd9jy said:
What a collapse.

I'm betting KC won't be a fun place to live the next few days.
Au contraire my team is still alive.:)

I didn't realize how deep their issues on defense ran. It was quite shocking really.

KC is a great place to be a Hawks fan this week! Happy the Chiefs lost, sad for my friends and neighbors because of how they lost!

rideaducati

Reaction score
KC passed the ball WAY TOO MUCH in the second half while up by 3+ scores. Even playing backups at RB, they should have at least TRIED to run the ball.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
rideaducati":10hjvhpp said:
KC passed the ball WAY TOO MUCH in the second half while up by 3+ scores. Even playing backups at RB, they should have at least TRIED to run the ball.

You just summarized, in 30 words, most of Tuesday Morning QB's article next week.

I completely agree BTW.

tom sawyer

Reaction score
rideaducati":30sgvf4k said:

Nodding in agreement

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
But Charles was concussed and they have no depth at running back combined with the fact that Reid is pass first and conservative in a Holmgren kind of way, it's maddening.

rideaducati

Reaction score
I just went back and counted. Not including Alex Smith's runs, the Chiefs ran the ball 9 times and threw the ball 26 times in the second half. 21 of those passes came with the Chiefs leading the game.

kf3339

Reaction score
seahawks875":2vtt9qc4 said:
It's so funny reading how stupid some of you are, and how much you hate Luck. Andrew Luck IS better than Wilson, and is probably the 5th best QB in the game behind the 4 elite QBs, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers. The guy put the team on his back today, He's a stud, theres a reason that some of the media that acutally know football like Luck so much, He's big, athletic, has great pocket movement, and has one of the best arms in football. Its funny how little football knowledge there is here, 99.9% of people here have absolutely ZERO football knowledge and that's why I stopped coming to this website a while ago, I just came back today to see how butthurt everyone was about Luck putting the team on his back with a bad running game, a crappy OC, and a mediocre defense, and very little weapons only Hilton and Rogers, who is barely played even though the guy has the potential to be a monster wideout in the league. Luck and Wilson are not really comparable because Luck is a lot better, Luck is a top 5 QB, Wilson is a top 6-10 QB, he might eventually get there but he is not there now, and Luck is and will eventually be the best QB in the league very soon

Pissed about something?

MidwestHawker

Reaction score
seahawks875":1vhlwtxj said:
It's so funny reading how stupid some of you are, and how much you hate Luck. Andrew Luck IS better than Wilson, and is probably the 5th best QB in the game behind the 4 elite QBs, Manning, Brady, Brees, Rodgers. The guy put the team on his back today, He's a stud, theres a reason that some of the media that acutally know football like Luck so much, He's big, athletic, has great pocket movement, and has one of the best arms in football. Its funny how little football knowledge there is here, 99.9% of people here have absolutely ZERO football knowledge and that's why I stopped coming to this website a while ago, I just came back today to see how butthurt everyone was about Luck putting the team on his back with a bad running game, a crappy OC, and a mediocre defense, and very little weapons only Hilton and Rogers, who is barely played even though the guy has the potential to be a monster wideout in the league. Luck and Wilson are not really comparable because Luck is a lot better, Luck is a top 5 QB, Wilson is a top 6-10 QB, he might eventually get there but he is not there now, and Luck is and will eventually be the best QB in the league very soon

Boy, you know a guy has made a convincing argument when he does an appeal to unnamed members of the media as an appeal to authority...

In all seriousness, obviously he's correct that the Seahawk fans who hate on Luck are being petty without good reason, and that Luck is legitimately great, but this post was worse than anything that any one of the Luck haters has put out there.

mrblitz

Reaction score
chiefs were 38-10 early in the 2nd half. there's no excuse for losing that. it doesn't matter who the opposing qb is. is 28 points the biggest 2nd-half meltdown ever in a playoff game?

unbelievable. but, whatever a person thinks of luck; legendary for him.

drdiags

Reaction score
I am just wondering how it is 99.9% of us are stupid idiots. I count myself in the 0.1% and above the rest of you dredges of society. This site should be closed due to its wretchedness.

Where is the site of the all-seeing, wise Seahawks fans? Maybe I can sign up for membership?

Whether folks want to admit it or not, Luck has cemented himself in the eyes of most as a legendary QB. His comeback (aided by whatever boneheaded play of the Chiefs) stands above the ones Wilson and Kaep pulled off last year. The .NET critic is right about Luck's appeal as the prototypical QB to NFL folks.

It stinks how Indy fell into such riches, but that is how things go. This debate will go on for a while longer over the next few years until the next generation alpha QB establishes himself, once the old guard have all retired.

LotsOfLuck

Reaction score
Smellyman":3owt5xn0 said:
Weadoption":3owt5xn0 said:
Luck be servin crow to the haterz here

His beard is ugly, he throws picks, all hype, he is a stat padder, RW needs love too.

Hate to break it to you, he threw the same number of interceptions as Wilson in the regular season even though he threw 163 more passes because the Colts have no running game and a mediocre-at-best defense. Luck threw an interception every 63 passes and Wilson threw a pick every 45 passes.

As for being a "stat padder", the one stat he has certainly padded the most is taking the team from 2 wins to 11 wins in each of the next two seasons.

I knew coming here after this game would be comedy gold and I was not disappointed. And yes we will probably lose next week as our rebuild is not complete yet. You guys have a chance to go to the Super Bowl and it could be your year. Maybe that would dumb down some of the irrational hatred of Luck around here. Kudos to the handful of Hawks fans here that are mature enough to show Luck a little respect and good luck in the playoffs.