Define Success For 2019

What do you consider a success for the Seahawks in 2019?

• Super Bowl champs. Nothing less.

Votes: 3 4.7%
  • NFC Champions.

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Earn a first week bye with the #1 or #2 seed in the NFC.

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Win at least one playoff game.

Votes: 28 43.8%
  • Be competitive into January.

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Stay healthy!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (read my comments)

Votes: 2 3.1%

• Total voters

HawkGA

Reaction score
KiwiHawk":256n6akn said:
In the past 10 seasons, only 3 AFC East teams apart from the Patriots have won 10 or more games.

That is such an amazing stat. I mean, dominance is one thing but dominance in the face of opponents positively sucking is another thing. I wonder what the average number of games the Patriots could have lost each year and still won the division is. I bet it's a pretty high number.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
To each his/her own, but to me I'm happy with a competitive team which shows heart. IMHO: Each game by itself is what I enjoy. I love the game and just put up a good fight is all I ask for.

I've seen the 'Hawks lose some games last year, but as a football fan they were still great games. YMMV

hawxfreak

Reaction score
Hopefully the 1st two games we will already know who we are
It's a huge diff than losing umpteen probowlers from then till now
That would be the diff right there
If Carson stays healthy and we retain Mike D , sweez and fluke we will have a serious running game squared away right out the gate

QuahHawk

Reaction score
Playoff victory or bust!

The run game is back.
The Defense was very young and should be improved.
Pete has the team believing again.

grizbob

Reaction score
I'm still alive at the end of the year and have been able to watch at least one victory.

DangerousDoug

Reaction score
Rams come back to earth a bit, Seahawks take the division and win a home playoff game. Getting a bye the first round would be great, but that's a pretty high expectation for this year.

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
hawxfreak":3f8qhtdw said:
Hopefully the 1st two games we will already know who we are...

That unfortunately is never, ever the case. This team - no matter the coach, player or scheme - always starts sluggish. What they do or look like in September is NEVER what they look like in December. I would even suggest the dichotomy is more apparent for the Seahawks than any other team in the league.

chris98251

Reaction score
We won't have near as many question marks going into this year, I expect maturity and synchronicity of the staff starting off the year will be a huge benefit as well. I would be happy with the same record but more dominant performances, well except against those Rams teams, we take them this time or at least split. Get a playoff win and targeted load for a SB push in 2020.

THE TABS

Reaction score
I voted one playoff win.

That being said, I have my doubts as to whether or not our success from last year is sustainable. The “Martyball” approach worked as a band-aid, but I don’t think it is a championship winning formula.

This team is built to win a championship....in 1999. I think our schemes on both sides of the ball are outdated, and I don’t see Pete evolving from that.

sdog1981

Reaction score
HawkGA":rbzxgl2y said:
KiwiHawk":rbzxgl2y said:
In the past 10 seasons, only 3 AFC East teams apart from the Patriots have won 10 or more games.

That is such an amazing stat. I mean, dominance is one thing but dominance in the face of opponents positively sucking is another thing. I wonder what the average number of games the Patriots could have lost each year and still won the division is. I bet it's a pretty high number.

The Patriots rose to Power was a perfect timing of the Bills and Dolphins falling into disarray. Brady, Belichick, and the AFC East. This only works because of those three factors coming together at the right time. Every year they start with a free 5-6 wins makes it very easy to go 12-4 and 13-3 every season.

James in PA

Reaction score
Absolutely gotta win the NFC West. I’m going to consider anything less that that a failure. Hopefully while we are taking back the West, we can do enough to secure a 1 or 2 seed. Having that first round bye is such a huge advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk