POLL: If We Get Smoked Tonight...

If We Get Smoked Tonight...

• Ima gunna come on .NET and LIGHT THIS PLACE UP!!!

Votes: 3 3.4%
  • I'm going to wear my emotions on my sleeves and say things I might not say after a day or two.

Votes: 4 4.6%
  • I'm going to be calm and speak my truth.

Votes: 15 17.2%
  • Hang out on .NET after another drubbing?? Are you NUTS?!?

Votes: 2 2.3%
  • Meh. I already expect it so I will be chill.

Votes: 53 60.9%
  • Other. (Read my comments)

Votes: 10 11.5%

• Total voters

WarHawks

Reaction score
I will probably say things I'll regret later, like I hope they keep Geno around at least the next 3-4 years. Lol. 200

Optimus25

Reaction score
I still feel like we have a team that can be enough for playoffs and at least divisional round run.

The biggest issue to me is Shane NEVER goes for the kill. When we get up or are trailing and get some momentum, he somehow reverts to this shell with ultra conservative plays that either work or if not, will just blend seamlessly with the rest of the maligned efforts. It’s like he shies away from taking the stage in the biggest moments and making something happen.

I seriously think he needs to either invest in the markets or play cards in Vegas for a year to understand what i mean. When he has the blood in the water i feel like he turns into a minnow.

And I’m not talking about deep bombs to DK necessarily. I’m just saying when we get opponents on their heels it seems like we are the ones taking a moment to catch our breath.

If you don’t know what I’m talking about look at the deep drives against the Rams and niners that both resulted in FGs and both involved lame pitch outs to Charb. Yeah with all the talent on our offense, let’s dial up a second string rookie for the most critical play calls.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score
Right. Watch Kam's highlight videos. 75% of his hits would be penalties now.

So yeah, Pete's insistence on hiring coaches and coordinators from inside his own coaching tree has been to his own demise IMO. Waldron was really the 1st coordinator he hired trying to fix this issue, of which he's obviously aware of now (or was pointed out to him to become aware of).

But probably too little too late for a 72 year old coach. If I as Jody I'd over Pete an advisory role after this season to keep him in the building. Because he's tremendously gifted at culture and organizational building.
If you were hired as the new coach of the Seahawks or any other team, would you want the former guy in the building potentially undermining anything you might want to do? I'm ok with Pete as coach for now. But whenever the time comes to cut ties with him it needs to be all or nothing.

fire_marshall_bill

Reaction score
definitely wouldn't be surprised with a loss

I've defended Pete on here and on social media, but he needs to be questioned at this point. 7-10, 9-8, and now 6-5 but staring at 6-8, and average q.b., both coordinators leave something to be desired, and low in many statistical categories, including point differential

at least the Huskies are undefeated

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If you were hired as the new coach of the Seahawks or any other team, would you want the former guy in the building potentially undermining anything you might want to do? I'm ok with Pete as coach for now. But whenever the time comes to cut ties with him it needs to be all or nothing.

Interesting conversation.

As much as I don't think this would ever happen, I also don't think Pete would meddle or interfere if he was in an advisory role. He understands perfectly the necessary chain of command and organizational hierarchy in order to run a successful team.

LTH

Reaction score

As much as I don't think this would ever happen, I also don't think Pete would meddle or interfere if he was in an advisory role. He understands perfectly the necessary chain of command and organizational hierarchy in order to run a successful team.
There are 2 reasons the Seahawks lose this game. The first is they don't run the ball. If they get into this thing of not getting 25-30 carries a game the Cowboys are going to get to Geno. If they RUN THE DAMN BALL 25-30 times they win

The second reason would be if the Cowboys build a big lead in the first half and put the Hawks in the position they have to throw the ball..

The Keys to this game I'd running the ball and playing great D early.

Just my take

LTH

flv2

Reaction score
This is a better board than any of the Cowboys boards i've looked at so, I guess i'll read all about it here.

far north

Reaction score
The biggest thing on the Seahawks side tonight is that they have been sputtering all year.It is possible a large number of players put together their best game and everything clicks.Nothing so far has shown that's the case but never know.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

Ego plays a huge roll in these things. My dad was a hospital administrator. Back in the 60s he took a job at a new hospital. The board told the outgoing administrator that he could still come in everyday to get his affairs in order fora couple months. The first week my dad was on the job, the former guy was telling employees that they didn't need to do what the new administrator said and they could just keep running things through him. As soon as my dad caught wind of this, he called the board chairman and said if the former guy wasn't out of there asap, he was quitting on the spot. This was a small rural hospital in Montana. The parking lot wasn't even paved. About 15 minutes after his phone call, he saw an old cadillac peeling out of the parking lot showering everything behind it in gravel. Needless to say the former guy never returned and my dad enjoyed another 30 years in hospital administration.
The point of this is, if a strong personality like Pete Carroll is allowed to stay around, who knows what kind of crap he can stir up. I appreciate everything PC has done for the Seahawks and I'm fairly certain he will finish out the remaining 2 years of his contract. Whenever the time comes to cut ties, it needs to be complete. None of this shit about sticking around and helping out whenever and wherever possible. A huge ask for someone who has been the top guy to just relegate themselves to in house cheerleader. I also don't think Pete would even take a position like that. Hell, he wrote a book on doing it his way. Between USC and the Seahawks, thats exactly what he's been doing. Can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score
If Seattle loses, and it's a nail biter, I don't expect much to change as it could be seen that the game was winnable and the team went toe-to-toe with an NFC darling and divisional leader. This can been seen as good. I of course think that would depend how that game goes, as in mistake free. If it is though, then I think that is promising.

If the team gets smoked checked, like utterly embarrassed, then I don't think anyone can pussyfoot around the issue of the team not just being fundamentally broken but in dire need of a new direction. I think Waldron is good as gone by the end of the season, if the Seattle O is completely invisible tonight and Geno plays bad then who knows, maybe Waldron is cut early, I think it's possible. I also think the team will move on from Hurtt but in all honesty the one coach that would have to get the boot, especially if the spire continues (and a bad spiral at that) is Pete.

But we shall see. Anything can happen. Over the years Dallas is 11/10 against Seattle, and even though I don't think that necessarily matters, because different eras, coaches, and players, it is a neck and neck split.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Ego plays a huge roll in these things. My dad was a hospital administrator. Back in the 60s he took a job at a new hospital. The board told the outgoing administrator that he could still come in everyday to get his affairs in order fora couple months. The first week my dad was on the job, the former guy was telling employees that they didn't need to do what the new administrator said and they could just keep running things through him. As soon as my dad caught wind of this, he called the board chairman and said if the former guy wasn't out of there asap, he was quitting on the spot. This was a small rural hospital in Montana. The parking lot wasn't even paved. About 15 minutes after his phone call, he saw an old cadillac peeling out of the parking lot showering everything behind it in gravel. Needless to say the former guy never returned and my dad enjoyed another 30 years in hospital administration.
The point of this is, if a strong personality like Pete Carroll is allowed to stay around, who knows what kind of crap he can stir up. I appreciate everything PC has done for the Seahawks and I'm fairly certain he will finish out the remaining 2 years of his contract. Whenever the time comes to cut ties, it needs to be complete. None of this shit about sticking around and helping out whenever and wherever possible. A huge ask for someone who has been the top guy to just relegate themselves to in house cheerleader. I also don't think Pete would even take a position like that. Hell, he wrote a book on doing it his way. Between USC and the Seahawks, thats exactly what he's been doing. Can't teach an old dog new tricks?

Oh I definitely agree I don't think Pete would take an advisory role.

I was just trying to come up with a scenario where Allen and the Hawk's brass would at least give him that gentle off ramp to stay with the organization if this season goes south and they want to make a change.

But who are we kidding. Jody isn't going to fire Pete with two years left. So we'll revisit this conversation for the next two years, and probably beyond.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
My hope for tonight is the defence takes a page out of the Broncos playback....
And they take things into hand.

I'd like to see a mitt-full of interceptions from Woolen, Spoon and B Wagner, and others.

A strong showing in this area would go a long way to bolstering the team for the remainder.

Last edited:

Seahawk_Dan

Reaction score

I was just trying to come up with a scenario where Allen and the Hawk's brass would at least give him that gentle off ramp to stay with the organization if this season goes south and they want to make a change.

But who are we kidding. Jody isn't going to fire Pete with two years left. So we'll revisit this conversation for the next two years, and probably beyond.
I think the only way Pete leaves early is that he decides too because, you're right, Jody isn't gonna do crap. She won't rock the boat.

oldhawkfan

Reaction score

And there will be multiple threads every week until then!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
And there will be multiple threads every week until then!

Lol. Of course.

Listen, I love Pete. But as I've said in other threads...........Jody gave them all the control and power to trade away our franchise QB in order to reload through the draft to make another SB run.

In year two when you probably aren't going to even make the playoffs if the next month goes the way we all think it will? Then it's time uncle Pete to hang up the white Nike Monarchs and retire the Dentyne. You failed.

warden

Reaction score
Net is not a good place to go to have any intellectual conversation about Seahawk football