• Hate him!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Neither love or hate.

Votes: 38 39.2%

• Total voters

WarHawks

Reaction score
This poll is interesting.

It looks like 50 percent love DK and close to 50 percent are rather indifferent about DK.

Those posters that are indifferent neither love or hate the guy is probably some of the posters that wouldn’t miss or even call for DK to be traded….

That’s crazy.

I guess half the board wants DK with Seattle and the other half, don’t care, if DK is on the team or not.

Dot Net is a tough crowd!

Lol.
A lot of strategic, long-term thinking realists here.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
Physical specimen isn't just mass, it's the fact that his arms are 1.5 inches longer than Megatron's, he's 6'3", he cannot be pressed well, he cannot be jammed well, he's hard to tackle, he's hard to throw off his route, and despite all of that mass advantage he's got, he's still running a 4.3 flat.
The only issue I have with him is the lack of high pointing .. He's tall, long arms and big hands.
It really boggles my mind for him to have such a weakness.
I wonder if maybe it's due to his previous broken neck? Like he can't flex it quick
to see up in time?

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Show me where here has a bunch of chances at high pointing passes though. And when Geno tries to do throw a fade, he throws it 5 yards out of bounds :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

WarHawks

Reaction score
No, we have many that feel any antagonistic or volatility needs to be cut immediately, why it took so long for us to make a impact, we were a team of good guys, we didn't win till we got an EDGE you know Kenny Easley and some nastiness, Knox helped there and Krieg had an edge about him as well.

Flores and Erickson brought back either too nice, too incompetent along with Behring, Wasting Tez's talent.

Remember Seattle loves to fight for everything and anything, trees, birds, etc., but don't let their sports teams have any fight in them, that's embarrassing.
We take our trees very seriously.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
No, we have many that feel any antagonistic or volatility needs to be cut immediately, why it took so long for us to make a impact, we were a team of good guys, we didn't win till we got an EDGE you know Kenny Easley and some nastiness, Knox helped there and Krieg had an edge about him as well.

Flores and Erickson brought back either too nice, too incompetent along with Behring, Wasting Tez's talent.

Remember Seattle loves to fight for everything and anything, trees, birds, etc., but don't let their sports teams have any fight in them, that's embarrassing.
Agreed.

Maybe my analogy is totally way off, but, I’m going to say it anyways, and hopefully people here understand it’s intent:

“You don’t win friends with salad!”

WarHawks

Reaction score
Show me where here has a bunch of chances at high pointing passes though. And when Geno tries to do throw a fade, he throws it 5 yards out of bounds :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
That's one thing I really miss about Russ. His fade throws to the corners were dimes. That is not Geno's strength, to be generous.

DeSeahawk

Reaction score
Voted for the L word. I think if he'd have been used differently there would be a lot more L's . That long catch against Dallas could happen almost every game if properly set up.

projectorfreak

Reaction score
Love and if ANYBODY says anything different they're maddddd
How many teams would give their left nu,,,both nuts to have a stud like dk
Maybe he sees how wimpy the oc calls were and is more frustrated on game than people know cuz he is a bad ass period

Rat

Reaction score
If, and big if, DK and our #16th could get Caleb Williams, would you pull that trigger?
Zero chance the Bears would do that. They required the Panthers throw in DJ Moore to get from 9 to 1 last year, in addition to two firsts and a second, and that was for a QB nowhere near as highly regarded as Williams is.

LeveeBreak

Reaction score
Chose neither, but reality is both. He seemed to grow up a bit more the 2nd 1/2 of the season. I really hope Grubb can make him the player he is capable of.

Fade

Reaction score
The old coach refused to feature players not named Lynch and Carson.

99% on here would love DK if he was featured properly. That is supposedly one of the new objectives with the regime change, we'll see.

evergreen

Reaction score
Both. Love when he goes beastemode but hate all the drops. So many drops, or at least not catches. Catches top receivers make. His catch rate is low. But he’s a monster and steadily productive. But he was top 5 in $$ I think, at least for a while. He’s also been awesome on national televised games and I think it’s possible he’s worth something serious. He’s expensive. I think Bobo can make more catches than DK. I don’t think the savings would help other than having a QBOztF instead. I’d trade for a QB but not too much else. The stupid getting caught late for a foul are so lame tho.

Last edited:

jeremiah

Reaction score
How can you hate DK Metcalf?

He's a physical specimen the likes of which has not been seen since Megatron. He's got Tyreek Hill's long speed in a body rivaling the mass of Kam Chancellor.

His production and role are similar to that of the late Vincent Jackson who we all pined for, but he's significantly rarer.

Yes, he's not great at highpointing the ball. No, his hands aren't perfect. Yes, he can be too emotional.

On the flip side, yes, he stretches the field. Yes, he is one of the fastest players in the NFL. No, he will not take the defenses shit. Yes, he will grip a linebacker by the facemask and toss him. Personally, I like that. I like having the bigger, faster, and stronger player in any matchup the defense could throw at him.

Plus, in fairness, DK Metcalf has drawn several personal flag calls in our favor. Just because he's imposing and scary.

DK Metcalf is an exercise in accepting the bad with the irreplaceable. I bet on unique talents, and really, DK isn't that bad. He is not the type of diva we think he is. We haven't had one of those types in a while.
He is not great at highpointing the ball, and he cannot bend to catch the low ones. He isn't flexible, he bends from the waist instead of the knees hip and waist. Plus, he is fast, but not quick. I think he is worth more as trade bait, but I don't hate him.

calinator

Reaction score
He's okay... From a pure physical standpoint he's top tier. He has the physical assets of a Julio Jones or Megatron. His negatives are his distractions on the field but sometimes he seems to keep it under control. As a player he is great on long routes however his hands are below average and his route running is also subpar, with his speed and athleticism he should be getting more seperation on his routes. Your hands and route running ability are the 2 most important things, look to Fitz and Jerry Rice.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
The old coach refused to feature players not named Lynch and Carson.

99% on here would love DK if he was featured properly. That is supposedly one of the new objectives with the regime change, we'll see.
Yeah, middle of the field where he is DOMINANT.