Votes: 57 58.8%
  • Hate him!

Votes: 2 2.1%
  • Neither love or hate.

Votes: 38 39.2%

• Total voters

Jerhawk

Reaction score
I hate his little anger outbursts that cost the team yardage and makes him look like a moron, but I don't hate the guy. He's a great player and seems like a genuine dude off the field.

He just needs to really work on checking his emotions so it doesn't hurt the team.

Therefore, I chose option 3

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
I hate his little anger outbursts that cost the team yardage and makes him look like a moron, but I don't hate the guy. He's a great player and seems like a genuine dude off the field.

He just needs to really work on checking his emotions so it doesn't hurt the team.

Therefore, I chose option 3
Enlighten us. When has it cost the team a game. Even once?

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Enlighten us. When has it cost the team a game. Even once?
I said yardage, not the game.

Are you condoning him being the highest fined player in the league by a wide margin? Are you okay with the personal fouls that back the offense up 15?
Some of his antics, like shoving guys after the play, is unnacceptable and I hate that part of his game. And I'm not alone on that.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
How can you hate DK Metcalf?

He's a physical specimen the likes of which has not been seen since Megatron. He's got Tyreek Hill's long speed in a body rivaling the mass of Kam Chancellor.

His production and role are similar to that of the late Vincent Jackson who we all pined for, but he's significantly rarer.

Yes, he's not great at highpointing the ball. No, his hands aren't perfect. Yes, he can be too emotional.

On the flip side, yes, he stretches the field. Yes, he is one of the fastest players in the NFL. No, he will not take the defenses shit. Yes, he will grip a linebacker by the facemask and toss him. Personally, I like that. I like having the bigger, faster, and stronger player in any matchup the defense could throw at him.

Plus, in fairness, DK Metcalf has drawn several personal flag calls in our favor. Just because he's imposing and scary.

DK Metcalf is an exercise in accepting the bad with the irreplaceable. I bet on unique talents, and really, DK isn't that bad. He is not the type of diva we think he is. We haven't had one of those types in a while.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hey Jer, you see him as you do and I see him as I do. He's not even close to the problem that many make him out to be.
This is the NFL, we don't need a bunch of Choir boys.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
How can you hate DK Metcalf?

He's a physical specimen the likes of which has not been seen since Megatron. He's got Tyreek Hill's long speed in a body rivaling the mass of Kam Chancellor.

His production and role are similar to that of the late Vincent Jackson who we all pined for, but he's significantly rarer.

Yes, he's not great at highpointing the ball. No, his hands aren't perfect. Yes, he can be too emotional.

On the flip side, yes, he stretches the field. Yes, he is one of the fastest players in the NFL. No, he will not take the defenses shit. Yes, he will grip a linebacker by the facemask and toss him.

DK Metcalf is an exercise in accepting the bad with the irreplaceable. I bet on unique talents, and really, DK isn't that bad. He is not the type of diva we think he is. We haven't had one of those types in a while.
I never got the physical specimen argument myself. It's not a bodybuilding competition, it's football.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I never got the physical specimen argument myself. It's not a bodybuilding competition, it's football.
Physical specimen isn't just mass, it's the fact that his arms are 1.5 inches longer than Megatron's, he's 6'3", he cannot be pressed well, he cannot be jammed well, he's hard to tackle, he's hard to throw off his route, and despite all of that mass advantage he's got, he's still running a 4.3 flat.

DirectMessage

Reaction score
Physical specimen isn't just mass, it's the fact that his arms are 1.5 inches longer than Megatron's, he's 6'3", he cannot be pressed well, he cannot be jammed well, he's hard to tackle, he's hard to throw off his route, and despite all of that mass advantage he's got, he's still running a 4.3 flat.
Can I call Julian Edelman a specimen?

pittpnthrs

Reaction score
Neither

Awesome talent that I believe can even be improved on. Good hands, not great. Antics and temper get in the way sometimes, but his output outweighs that. I'm happy he's on the team.

SEAHAWKSTER77

Reaction score
DK is one of the only dogs who has any fight in him on this team , you don’t just give that away , plus he’s a beast on the field , always comes up big when we need him most…so everyone has to keeps feelings out of this , its war !
So that means if he’s gotta deliver a few wwe back to belly suplexes then so be it !

Last edited: