Denver’s O line can be exploited

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
That was their weak link a year ago. I can see Taylor and Uchenna/Mafe wreaking havoc and pressuring Wilson all night long. This defense is designed to contain quarterbacks.

toffee

Reaction score
We have good pass rush, on paper, but I haven't seen the whole orchestra worked in unison. Taylor is the intriguing piece, he was sooooo very close sooooo many times but somehow QBs wriggled away. Does Taylor have tackling issues or he was just that nano second late?

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
We have good pass rush, on paper, but I haven't seen the whole orchestra worked in unison. Taylor is the intriguing piece, he was sooooo very close sooooo many times but somehow QBs wriggled away. Does Taylor have tackling issues or he was just that nano second late?
I think that Taylor’s issue at times was that he was the only point where pressure was coming from. Makes it easier for the QB to step away from the pressure angle than when the pocket is collapsing.

Last edited:

Smellyman

Reaction score
their starting RT might be out? not sure status currently

toffee

Reaction score
may surprise Russ with couple of Woolen blitzes. That dude is really fast, may be too fast for Russ to run circles.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
RW has become quite predictable in his escapes and if spied and blitzed is vulnerable if he doesn't throw it away.

toffee

Reaction score
In the end, it's up to the coach and player. I personally doubt that Russell Wilson could pull a Mohammad Ali, ie Ali did an unthinkable by switching from dancing to rope-a-dope when he faced Foreman. Even his cornerman Angelo Dundee didn't know Ali's game plan, Angelo kept yelling for Ali to get off the rope.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Ali's greatness on display, his knowledge of boxing, and how he respected his opponent enough to switched from winning with his legs and athleticism to winning with chin and defense.

I felt like Russ is too arrogant to respect Carroll with a change of his games, I felt like Russ will try to beat Hawks with Russball, just to prove a point.

WmHBonney

Reaction score
If our DC can't figure out how to contain Russ, then he's not very good. Other teams have figured it out. The tape is out there. Not to mention the inherent familiarity.

Torc

Reaction score
The familiarity works both ways. I know we're making changes to the defense, but Russ has played against most of these guys in practice for several years.

Anajimmc

Reaction score
The familiarity works both ways. I know we're making changes to the defense, but Russ has played against most of these guys in practice for several years.
Wearing a Red Jersey, I'm betting the entire defense is celebrating finally not having to let up on that QB

94Smith

Reaction score
I am going to sit back, grab a beer or two , and relax and watch your defense against Russ. You guys are about to find out how frustrating it can be watching a defense go against him. He is shifty , slippery and those deep bombshell are
daggers. I am so glad he is in the AFC now. The guy is a magician

Smellyman

Reaction score
I am going to sit back, grab a beer or two , and relax and watch your defense against Russ. You guys are about to find out how frustrating it can be watching a defense go against him. He is shifty , slippery and those deep bombshell are
he was

strohmin

Reaction score
I have no doubt that he'll destroy our defense but I am curious to see him against heavy blitzing and great pass rushing defenses. What is he going to do when he has to make quick decisions and passes all game long. Teams like the Rams, Cardinals, Packers, Giants give him problems for some reason. We could only beat those teams with great defenses.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
You give him too much credit. He isn’t the same player as he was 8 years ago in terms of mobility. His interceptions began dominating the stat sheet instead of playoff wins. His accuracy has declined. His height hasn’t changed but his waistline has. Hawks by 2 scores

Latest posts