Denver’s O line can be exploited

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Bradley Chubb was coming off of surgery and wasn't anywhere close to 100% in the 7 games that he played last season. He's healthy now. Randy Gregory had shoulder surgery right after he signed. It was the plan with the Broncos from the beginning. He's healthy now. Shelby Harris is a good player, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and can't stop the run. Denver's D was terrible at getting off of the field on 3rd down last year and he was a huge part of the problem. Pete and John should have asked for Dremont Jones in the trade. Big mistake on their part.

Do you think Chubb and Gregory are going to hit the ground running? Or do you think since they haven't been healthy and playing well in a while it'll take 3-4 games to knock the rust off?

My point is this is a great time to play the Denver D-line, they're not 100% and they're depth is suspect.

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
Do you think Chubb and Gregory are going to hit the ground running? Or do you think since they haven't been healthy and playing well in a while it'll take 3-4 games to knock the rust off?

My point is this is a great time to play the Denver D-line, they're not 100% and they're depth is suspect.
If you want to make a case that this is a great time to play Denver in any phase, I'd point to the new, unproven coaching staff more than the injuries. New head coach that's never been a head coach, new D Coordinator that's never been a D coordinator, new O coordinator that's never been an O coordinator. Denver is a complete unknown outside of QB. Chubb will be fine. He knocked the rust off when he played the last 7 games of last season. He just wasn't fully healthy. Gregory might need a game or two to get back into rhythm.

OKHawksfan

Reaction score
dude has been carrying this team for years. Russ is going to put up mad numbers this year.
And yet, when he's been carrying the team, it hasn't gone anywhere....When it wasn't the RW show, we were going to superbowls. RW can account for some wins, but when the team is on his back, he crumples.

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
And yet, when he's been carrying the team, it hasn't gone anywhere....When it wasn't the RW show, we were going to superbowls. RW can account for some wins, but when the team is on his back, he crumples.
It's been fascinating watching the evolution of the Seahawks fans on Russ takes. When the trade happened it was,"Man that sucks. We just lost our hall of fame QB." Since then the Seattle media and Pete Carroll have conducted a great smear campaign to turn the fans against him. I'm guessing the 12 is going to try to boo him off the field on Monday. Pete more or less encouraged them to do so yesterday. Can't wait to see how he responds.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Bradley Chubb was coming off of surgery and wasn't anywhere close to 100% in the 7 games that he played last season. He's healthy now. Randy Gregory had shoulder surgery right after he signed. It was the plan with the Broncos from the beginning. He's healthy now. Shelby Harris is a good player, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and can't stop the run. Denver's D was terrible at getting off of the field on 3rd down last year and he was a huge part of the problem. Pete and John should have asked for Dremont Jones in the trade. Big mistake on their part.
There isn’t one individual on that D line that is elite. You couldn’t re-sign Von Miller because you had to save money 💰 for the Wilson deal. It’s a ripple effect. I know Bronco fans are all geeked out about Wilson but you will be pulling your hair out come that first L. He isn’t top 12 anymore he’s 13-17 range realistically. You need to worry about other aspects of your team guy. You stank last year and lost key guys in the offseason so. Your donkeys have one of the longest playoff droughts in the league buddy. Wilson may not be enough to get over that slump

Last edited:

JPatera76

Reaction score
It's been fascinating watching the evolution of the Seahawks fans on Russ takes. When the trade happened it was,"Man that sucks. We just lost our hall of fame QB." Since then the Seattle media and Pete Carroll have conducted a great smear campaign to turn the fans against him. I'm guessing the 12 is going to try to boo him off the field on Monday. Pete more or less encouraged them to do so yesterday. Can't wait to see how he responds.
this is laughable, especially the smear campaign tidbit. ... What your seeing isnt a smear campaign, its the truth of who russell is. He wants to put up the good guy crap, and not that he's gone no one has to be obligated to like it, deal with it or see it. Russell and his pr team or whoever holds his jockstrap have done just as much except Id say seattle has been more upfront about it and not relying on local media to walk it back and cover for them like Denver, Russell and whoever no name sports casters you have down there.

toffee

Reaction score
If you want to make a case that this is a great time to play Denver in any phase, I'd point to the new, unproven coaching staff more than the injuries. New head coach that's never been a head coach, new D Coordinator that's never been a D coordinator, new O coordinator that's never been an O coordinator. Denver is a complete unknown outside of QB. Chubb will be fine. He knocked the rust off when he played the last 7 games of last season. He just wasn't fully healthy. Gregory might need a game or two to get back into rhythm.
Hawks also have a DC that has never been a DC, an OC that was never an OC until we hired him last season. OK, Pete has been around for a long time, but lots of folks felt like he is a dinosaur way pass his sell by date.

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
There isn’t one individual on that D line that is elite. You couldn’t re-sign Von Miller because you had to save money 💰 for the Wilson deal. It’s a ripple effect. I know Bronco fans are all geeked out about Wilson but you will be pulling your hair out come that first L. He isn’t top 12 anymore he’s 13-17 range realistically. You need to worry about other aspects of your team guy. You stank last year and lost key guys in the offseason so. Your donkeys have one of the longest playoff droughts in the league buddy. Wilson may not be enough to get over that slump
Denver is fourth in the NFL in cap room right now, so no. Not even the Rams were going to match the 6 year 120 million dollar (51.4 mill guaranteed) deal that Von got. Not for a 33 year old pass rusher. That had nothing to do with Russ. I know exactly how long the Broncos playoff drought is. I've watched it unfold with the likes of Drew Lock and other subpar quarterbacks and bad coaching. I'll take the occasional loss with Russ. You however, are about to find out what life is like without a legitimate quarterback in the modern NFL. Good luck with that.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Carrying the team to what... nothing?

40 pts... ROFL ok
To the playoffs and winning records EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Just wait. if we don't draft a good QB next season were in for a long road of awful football

Lagartixa

Reaction score
To the playoffs and winning records EVERY SINGLE YEAR. Just wait. if we don't draft a good QB next season were in for a long road of awful football

Every single year? Do please tell us about what the Seahawks did in the playoffs after the 2017 season, which is the one season in which I'll agree Wilson was actually carrying the team.

Palmegranite

Reaction score
The Bills recently ended a 17 year drought with not a sniff of the playoffs.
Not what they did in the playoffs...they never qualified for almost 2 decades.

So it's all about perspective really.

Optimus25

Reaction score
Pressure to Russ is half the formula, but the other half may be more important: if Denver gets any kind of rhythm going on the ground, they’re going to look to set up Sutton on deep play action. We have to have disciplined coverage in the secondary throughout the entire game.

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Pressure to Russ is half the formula, but the other half may be more important: if Denver gets any kind of rhythm going on the ground, they’re going to look to set up Sutton on deep play action. We have to have disciplined coverage in the secondary throughout the entire game.
Agreed. We need to blitz early and often and make Wilson try to throw with a collapsing pocket every play. Make his middle finger feel nervous thus affecting accuracy like usual with wussy

Jac

Reaction score
The Seahawks fans? The only way that you could take that kind of pulse would be from boards like this. And there, Wilson has been criticized for years for failure to evolve his game. He's good enough to give you winning seasons, but he's never carried the team through the playoffs. In any event, the Broncos are on the wrong side of the Bills cycle right now, and Wilson will continue to age as that plays out. Fortunately the season is finally about to start so you can all start experiencing yours/his successes counterbalanced with the "but I thought..."

keasley45

Reaction score
Denver is fourth in the NFL in cap room right now, so no. Not even the Rams were going to match the 6 year 120 million dollar (51.4 mill guaranteed) deal that Von got. Not for a 33 year old pass rusher. That had nothing to do with Russ. I know exactly how long the Broncos playoff drought is. I've watched it unfold with the likes of Drew Lock and other subpar quarterbacks and bad coaching. I'll take the occasional loss with Russ. You however, are about to find out what life is like without a legitimate quarterback in the modern NFL. Good luck with that.
Be prepared for more than the occasional loss. Kj Wright, who loves Russ, framed the issue around him perfectly in a recent interview. His stats and a media obsession with his knack for the highlight play has fed an image that he WAS the Seahawks when everyone in the lockerroom knew it was always the defense and running game that was the backstop for a passing game that would hit big and put up great stats, but struggle to move the ball in non hurry up mode or when the deep shots weren't there.

Russ did come into his own over the last 5 years, but even that guy, who often was responsible for the great comebacks and mind boggling throws, was also still culpable for many of the botched plays and failed drives that necessitated the comebacks in the first place. That's not hate or a jilted fan turning on a hero. This board has been rife with debate about Russ's 'greatness'for years. And for every stat line that leans toward his HOF greatness, there's one that looks like something you'd expect from a mid tier guy. That's who you've got. It's not gonna be a Nat Hack offense. It's gonna be a Russel Wilson offense... the same one he ran here (that he elected and drove) and that began to show signs of the wheels coming off.

Fans who are no longer drinking the kool-aid (and haven't been for years) know this and more importantly and unfortunately for you, NFL defenses know it.

Best of luck, Friendo.

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
Fan Nation/Mile High Report for Denver SI rates the matchups between the Hawks & Broncos:

Wilson vs. DC Clint Hurtt - "Sight Advantage Denver"

Broncos O Line vs. Seattle Pass Rushers - "Advantage Denver"

Broncos Rushing Game vs. Seattle Defense - Advantage Slightly Denver"

Broncos RB's and TE's vs. Seahawks LB's & DE's - "Advantage Denver"

Broncos WR's vs. Seahawks secondary - "Advantage Slightly Denver"

Broncos DC vs. Geno Smith - "Advantage Denver"

Broncos Pass Rush vs. Denver O Line - "Slightly Advantage Denver"

Broncos Run Defense vs. Seattle Run Game - "Advantage Denver"

Broncos LB's & DB's vs. Seahawks RB's & TE's - "Advantage Seattle"

Broncos Secondary vs. Hawks WR's - "Advantage Denver"

Hackett vs. Carroll - "Advantage Slightly Seattle"

There's a breakdown and explanation for each opinion in the article linked here"

... And again with the smear campain saying "Several in the front office took pot shots at the nine time pro-bowler with public comments".

I hope our guys take notice of this!

Lagartixa

Reaction score
LOL, hes still a top 10 QB and is going to put up 40 points on this keystone kops defense

What, in his career?

He and his team are 24 points short of that right now. Still 60% of those 40 points to go. Hahahahahahaha

Do you actually think that CHOKER who failed three out of three times in the red zone against "this keystone kops defense" AND failed to get his team into field-goal range late in the game, again, against "this keystone kops defense," will still be in the league the next time the Broncos play the Seahawks, which is likely to be in 2026?

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm sincerely not sure Wilson will be able to lead his teams to 40 points against the Seahawks in his career. And I find that EXTREMELY funny.

Last edited:
OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Like I said they can be exploited and they were. Denver also got away with holding on several plays

OP
OP
FrodosFinger

FrodosFinger

Reaction score
Blatant missed call
It would’ve been a 3 and out
Nwosu played a hell of a game

Latest posts