Denver’s O line can be exploited

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hawks by 2 scores? Damn, there must be something in the water. I hope you're right, but no way in hell that happens. Please feel free to save this post. I'll gladly look up some Crow Recipes.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
I have no doubt that he'll destroy our defense but I am curious to see him against heavy blitzing and great pass rushing defenses. What is he going to do when he has to make quick decisions and passes all game long. Teams like the Rams, Cardinals, Packers, Giants give him problems for some reason. We could only beat those teams with great defenses.

Have you forgotten all the times Seahawks opponents were stupid enough to send blitzes at Wilson? He ate them alive. Throughout his career, Wilson has been one of the best QBs against the blitz.

A great pass-rushing team that doesn't need to blitz is what is most dangerous to Wilson, especially if that team also has decent (or better) defensive backs.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Their D line can be exploited as well.

Chubb had ZERO sacks last year, they sunk a ton of money in Randy Gregory who's been hurt all camp and traded their best interior lineman to us.

toffee

Reaction score
The OL that Russ supposingly left us for:

Luke Wattenberg - rookie
Billy Turner T - PFF 66.2, 810 snaps, 4 penalties, 3 sacks
Dalton Raiser G - PFF 68.5, 832, 2, 4
Quinn Meinerz G - PFF 67.4, 623, 2, 3
Graham Glasgow C - PFF 65.1, 384, 2, 2
Cameron Fleming T - PFF 71.7, 285, 2, 0
Lloyd Cushenberry C - PFF 64.2, 1039, 7, 5
Garett Bolles T, - PFF 76.6, 870, 8, 5
Calvin Anderson T - PFF 75,5 175, 0, 0

A fairly good line according to PFF grading, but lack stars, only Bolles was voted 2nd team all-pro last season after the team refused to extend his contract. Otherwise, no pro bowlers, no stars.

Interestingly, Broncos' 2 centers, together, 1433 snaps, 9 penalties and 7 sacks. Will Russ miss Pocic? If we could apply pressure in the middle, that is the best way to catch Russ. Once he was on the move, hard to tackle the little fellow, with 4.55 sec speed, Russ was faster than most linemen or linebackers. For the record, Pocic was 600 snaps, 1 penalty and 2 sacks.

Our DL and LB are work in progress, this game may win or lose in the trenches. Come to think of it, I would be more confident in winning if this game would to play in mid season.

toffee

Reaction score
If the stack the box, you honestly think Geno fricken Smith can shred a good team? Again, I'll believe it when I see it.
Watch this video, it was the series after Geno enter the Rams' game. We had the element of surprise, when Russ injured his finger, quite sure Rams' defense didn't watch any films on Geno WHO. Help with element of surprise, Geno surprised the 12s and the Rams. Make no mistake, Geno does not lack arm strength, his ball velocity was FASTER than Lock and same as Russ. Geno lack poise, his game felt apart under pressure. If Waldron could use quick passes and OL gave him the time, Geno may do ok.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Russ has always been susceptible to early pressure in big games. First drive of the two, Seattle hosted, NFCCG's comes to mind.

This will be one of the biggest games of his career (in personal legacy terms)

He will be without his deep, blitz-beating, security blankets, and he no longer has the elusive speed in the backfield.

His line is nothing special.

He will be very susceptible to happy feet in this game, and chances are, he will throw the ball up for grabs at least a couple of times during the game.

No need to keep him contained in the pocket.

Russ will beat himself, if you let him.

hawks85

Reaction score
I am going to sit back, grab a beer or two , and relax and watch your defense against Russ. You guys are about to find out how frustrating it can be watching a defense go against him. He is shifty , slippery and those deep bombshell are
daggers. I am so glad he is in the AFC now. The guy is a magician
Bro, Wilson is slowly turning into a fat body. What you said here was true about 7-8 years ago, but he has declined. You guys are about to find out why we traded his ass in the first place. We're gonna be frustrated? You guys are gonna be frustrated when there is WIDE open receivers in the flat and Wilson bombs it down field into triple coverage.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
If the stack the box, you honestly think Geno fricken Smith can shred a good team? Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

All I said is Denver's D- line is weak to start the year, which means we should be able to run the ball.

Geno's mediocre as hell, but even he should be able to run enough play action, slants and screens to open up some runs.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Hoping for a heavy dose of the run game. Still gotta' play the games. I just don't have a speck of confidence in Geno, that's all. Hope to be very wrong.

toffee

Reaction score
Hoping for a heavy dose of the run game. Still gotta' play the games. I just don't have a speck of confidence in Geno, that's all. Hope to be very wrong.
Penny at well over 230lbs should be the battling ram, but that isn't his game, is it? May be we have to ask Dallas or Homer to pound the ball in the first and second quarters, meantime pray that defense hold Russ to single digit lead. By late 3rd quarter, Penny should be able to hit homeruns?

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
You give him too much credit. He isn’t the same player as he was 8 years ago in terms of mobility. His interceptions began dominating the stat sheet instead of playoff wins. His accuracy has declined. His height hasn’t changed but his waistline has. Hawks by 2 scores
LOL, hes still a top 10 QB and is going to put up 40 points on this keystone kops defense

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
Bro, Wilson is slowly turning into a fat body. What you said here was true about 7-8 years ago, but he has declined. You guys are about to find out why we traded his ass in the first place. We're gonna be frustrated? You guys are gonna be frustrated when there is WIDE open receivers in the flat and Wilson bombs it down field into triple coverage.
dude has been carrying this team for years. Russ is going to put up mad numbers this year.

Scout

Reaction score
Bottle up Denver's running game and the Broncos pass pro in third and long situations may be a liability. So the key is the Seahawks defense being on point to stop the run and then bring pressure on obvious passing situations.

Broncos_Fan

Reaction score
Their D line can be exploited as well.

Chubb had ZERO sacks last year, they sunk a ton of money in Randy Gregory who's been hurt all camp and traded their best interior lineman to us.
Bradley Chubb was coming off of surgery and wasn't anywhere close to 100% in the 7 games that he played last season. He's healthy now. Randy Gregory had shoulder surgery right after he signed. It was the plan with the Broncos from the beginning. He's healthy now. Shelby Harris is a good player, but he's on the wrong side of 30 and can't stop the run. Denver's D was terrible at getting off of the field on 3rd down last year and he was a huge part of the problem. Pete and John should have asked for Dremont Jones in the trade. Big mistake on their part.

Latest posts