Devin Hester to Seahawks

Uncle Si

Reaction score
jammerhawk":unbmjr3u said:
This could be a very good move or a total bust. I like it. Go big or go home.

All Hester needs is to break a few solid returns and it will be a solid move a return for 6 will make it a home run.

If nothing else the opponents will be concerned about kicking it to Hester.

Hell, he could just fair catch it all night long and keep Sherman on the bench and it's fine with me.

SeaChat

Reaction score
Hester could just be the Falcons biggest mistake and the Seahawks ticket to another Super Bowl title. It's pretty clear we didn't really want to depend on Sherman as a return man, if he gets hurt there we would be in a lot of trouble since no one on the Seahawks roster can cover the speed burners like he does.

Deven Hester is 34 years old, he is at the tail end of his NFL career, but he has a burning desire to leave the game with a SB ring on his finger, and will do everything he can to see that become a reality.

Watching some recent film footage tells me he still has some of that magic in him. He still has incredible speed, but what I found most interesting about him is his uncanny ability to read the field, he's patient in letting his blockers make his runways clear, he's agile enough to throw defenders off his trail with a quick juke in one direction or another, and if he finds his way thru the pack, forget about it, he'll leave them all behind and enjoy his trademark dance into the end zone.

When we face the Atlanta Falcons, and "I BELIEVE" we will, Hester has a little added incentive to thank them for lettiing him go, just when he thought he was going to get his shot at a SB ring. Paybacks a bitch and a great way to say thanks to Pete and the Seahawks for relighting his dream of getting his before he calls it a career.

There is a spirit that looks after the hawks and I like to think this is a little of that magic being sent our way when we needed it the most.

Go Seahawks !!

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/817115448202248192[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/1Tyvis/status/817111009454268416[/tweet]

mikeak

Reaction score
Nobody has mentioned that Hester played WR as well..........

He can run fast and it will be interesting to see if we have 2-3 plays in there where he goes deep

A

Anonymous

mikeak":l2rq0wjw said:

He can run fast and it will be interesting to see if we have 2-3 plays in there where he goes deep.

I listened to every interview today and paid particular attention to questions regarding Hester and the answers that were given. Seems the coaches and players all said something to the effect of "Well, it's great to have the veteran return guy and uh, well.... yeah... glad he's here".

Subtle, but I wouldn't be opposed to a nice Percy Harvin jet sweep play attempt, here and there.

mikeak

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2cq67boz said:
mikeak":2cq67boz said:

He can run fast and it will be interesting to see if we have 2-3 plays in there where he goes deep.

I listened to every interview today and paid particular attention to questions regarding Hester and the answers that were given. Seems the coaches and players all said something to the effect of "Well, it's great to have the veteran return guy and uh, well.... yeah... glad he's here".

Subtle, but I wouldn't be opposed to a nice Percy Harvin jet sweep play attempt, here and there.

Regardless once he plays in his fourth game with this team then he should be more familiar with the system :) :stirthepot: