Division Rivals

RedAlice

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2praqepn said:
RedAlice":2praqepn said:
I think discussion is good.

It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

Niners sneaking up.

So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.

Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

Even then, I can't imagine you can make a case for anyone other than Russell.

- If Goff is clutch and wins a meaningful game, it'd be his first
- Jimmy G's # 1 receiver is Pierre Garcon, let that sink in
- Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half

Ok! I love polls. Though i do not know if I am allowed to start one.

But we would need a basis of how do we define the best QB in the division?

What if Goff is clutch and wins a bunch of meaningful games for the Rams? (I mean, we are in the unknown).
What if JGQ sucks or what if he somehow wins many games his team should lose for them?

Nothing to add on B for AZ.

Your point is based on history. This season has not been played yet.

ETA: I think Wilson is one of the best QBs ever. Not even a question. But I think the best in the NFCW is still up for this season.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Red's a sheep but she's got a few good points. Come week 1 all titles mean little as anything can happen. That Goff McVay or Jared McGoff guy could play like Brady. Jimmy G might play like Montana. The NFCW has qb talent that's for sure.
I just hope Wilson stays healthy behind this line.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
adeltaY":16m7b0b2 said:
To be fair in the playoff Game goff played well, Gurley had a bunch of drops though. To credit Goff for your win at Jacksonville ain't right though, that was the D and ST

I agree. I don't like to credit QBs for any wins.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rcf8iqi said:
Ramfan128":1rcf8iqi said:
Sgt. Largent":1rcf8iqi said:
RedAlice":1rcf8iqi said:

It’s weird to me after years of loving my losing team, but Rams are finallly good. They have still won nothing yet.

Niners sneaking up.

So stop being annoying, and be fun to talk to. I’ve yet to see anything I’ve said as obnoxious.

OR: is this a case where you all are only fun if my team sucks and yours is good? Cuz that seems like a waste of years. If you don’t kill me now, I’ll still be here as your team rocks again. And while mine does.

Then start a poll of who you think WILL be the best QB in the West, and not who is. Because that was the question.

- Scarecrow Floppy Sleeves won't even last six games in Arizona before being snapped in half

-I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff - because "he" (I hate giving a QB credit for winning games) won plenty of meaningful games last year. Week 4 @ Dallas; week 5 against Seattle (if we're talking about just HIM, he hit Kupp in the hands with the game winning TD - Kupp dropped it); week 6 @ Jax; @ Seattle where we could have lost the division; the following week @ Tennessee to clinch the division. The Rams won four games on the road against teams that ended up with winning records. But I would agree generally speaking about the clutch part - I need to see more from him.

-I think it's Goodwin

-He won't last past week 2 @ the Rams

Goff Game Winning Drives: 1
Russell Wilson Game Winning Drives: 19

Yes Goff played much better last year than his rookie year, but the fact remains that he's not clutch, and it showed in the playoffs. Which is why I'll never buy into the Rams no matter how much talent they assemble...........until Goff shows me he can put together game winning drives and make clutch throws when it counts.

We actually agree.

If you read the first line in my post I said "I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff" - indicating that I agree that he needs to become clutch.

And nowhere did I mention anything about comparing Goff and Wilson in the clutch, and I also said Wilson is better than Goff..

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1ksbeaau said:
Ramfan128":1ksbeaau said:
I don't know why a Niner fan would even question Wilson being the best QB in the division?

JG is nowhere near Wilson.

I'm no huge Russell Wilson fan but there's no way he's not the best QB in the NFC West right now.

Because Red Alice is being dishonest with his argument because he's hoping Jimmy G is the 2nd coming of Joe Montana, like so many other delusional Niner fans.

This question is not even up for debate. Russell IS the best QB in the NFC West, until someone else plays better for an extended period of time. Not hope, not potential, not speculation. Facts and stats, I know a very novel idea for some.

OK....

...I have to say that I've seen plays for Jimmy G that make me think he is going to be a great QB. I am incredibly excited to see how he plays this year...

...HOWEVER, I think its totally fair to point out he has all of 7 starts and it would be ludicrous to say he's the best QB in the division when Wilson has played as he has for so many years and has 2 SB appearances and a ring.

Hell, I'm no huge fan of Goff but at LEAST he has 22 starts and had a great year last year.

So, at this point it would be ludicrous to say Jimmy is the best in the division, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that at some point he might be.

Marvin49

Reaction score
RedAlice":a7qfvnuu said:
Seahawkfan80":a7qfvnuu said:
Sgt. Largent":a7qfvnuu said:
chris98251":a7qfvnuu said:
I think your throwing darts at the wrong team and person, it was Ninester that started this pissing contest.

Red Alice's comments above is who we were talking about.

Is he not a Niners fan? I can't keep all the rival fan knuckleheads straight up in here.

Red Alice is a RAMFAN....

GIRL Rams fan. No HE.

And I am not a knucklehead. I have been straight up about the Rams here for years. Years. I even ran your suicide game one year, I’m friendly.

Just because the tables have now turned, gives you no right to be obnoxious same way I wasn’t obnoxious opposite.

I think this will be the question. Can the fans here handle a good fan of a division rival same way I have?

...all true.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":gul1bsju said:
So, at this point it would be ludicrous to say Jimmy is the best in the division, but that doesn't preclude the possibility that at some point he might be.

According to Red, we don't know who the best QB is in the west............because it hasn't happened yet huh wat.

We can speculate, hope and wish all we want, but the best QB in the west is Russell, and it's not even close. Just as Brady is the best in the AFC East and Rodgers is the best in the NFC North.

This is not debatable, until the other QB's show us otherwise. Red wants to get into some time traveling semantics argument about the future best QB, and I guess that's a valid question.

But the "best" QB? It's Russell C. Wilson.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ramfan128":1crpm8yw said:
Sgt. Largent":1crpm8yw said:
RedAlice":1crpm8yw said:

Niners sneaking up.

-I'm assuming you're mostly referring to the clutch part on Goff - because "he" (I hate giving a QB credit for winning games) won plenty of meaningful games last year. Week 4 @ Dallas; week 5 against Seattle (if we're talking about just HIM, he hit Kupp in the hands with the game winning TD - Kupp dropped it); week 6 @ Jax; @ Seattle where we could have lost the division; the following week @ Tennessee to clinch the division. The Rams won four games on the road against teams that ended up with winning records. But I would agree generally speaking about the clutch part - I need to see more from him.

-I think it's Goodwin

49ers WRs:

Not sure what that comment about Garcon was about. LOL. He's a pretty damn good WR and the Seahawks #1 guy has been Doug Baldwin (whom I like BTW so not a knock).

To answer the question tho, I don't think they really have one guy who you would call the #1. Instead they have a bunch of guys who are pretty good but none are Julio Jones. Garcon got hurt last year and didn't get to play a single down with Jimmy G.

Goodwins performance skyrocketed as soon as Jimmy started to play and had 319 yards in those first three Games Jimmy played. The only reason he didn't hit his first 1000 yard season is he got blasted in LA and exited the game in the final week of the season.

Trent Taylor was one of the best third down WRs in the NFL last season, particularly after Jimmy started.

Add to that now Pettis and Ritchie James and the Niners look pretty damn good at WR. There are no superstars there, but I'm pretty happy with what they have.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2wyge632 said:
Marvin49":2wyge632 said:

According to Red, we don't know who the best QB is in the west............because it hasn't happened yet huh wat.

We can speculate, hope and wish all we want, but the best QB in the west is Russell, and it's not even close. Just as Brady is the best in the AFC East and Rodgers is the best in the NFC North.

This is not debatable, until the other QB's show us otherwise. Red wants to get into some time traveling semantics argument about the future best QB, and I guess that's a valid question.

But the "best" QB? It's Russell C. Wilson.

OK...so you are kinda both right.

However, your logic seems kinda "I want my cake and eat it too-ish".

She is right, we don't yet know who the best QB in the west will be this season. You can't however talk about speculation and what you think might happen and then say "until they prove otherwise". You are essentially saying in a speculation thread its ludicrous to speculate anything might change this year. How is that speculation then?

Might as well just look at the history books and assume nothing ever changes.

Either its a speculation thread or its not. Which is it? By which benchmark are we grading?

Put another way, if RW has another year like last year 3100+ yards, 26TDs, 10INTs, 100.0 QB Rating and Goff and Jimmy G have ratings that put them at 105, would it have been ludicrous to predict Goff or Garoppolo were the best QBs in the division?

Over the last several years, Sherman and Peterson have probably been the best CBs in the division so suggesting someone else might be now would be ludicrous, right? History is the judge regardless of other factors. Right?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Marvin49":3npiffxj said:
Either its a speculation thread or its not. Which is it? By which benchmark are we grading?

Huh?

I'm not speculating one bit. Russell is the best QB in the west because.................stats and facts. That's all that matters in this conversation.

The question wasn't "who WILL be the best QB", it was "who IS the best QB."

Now you guys are trying to blur the conversation with "well we don't know who the best is until it happens." It has happened, and it's Russell, by a mile.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":dxm8omng said:
Marvin49":dxm8omng said:

Huh?

I'm not speculating one bit. Russell is the best QB in the west because.................stats and facts. That's all that matters in this conversation.

The question wasn't "who WILL be the best QB", it was "who IS the best QB."

Now you guys are trying to blur the conversation with "well we don't know who the best is until it happens." It has happened, and it's Russell, by a mile.

OK, if that's the measuring stick, then RW has had by far the best career to date. Not even debatable.

adeltaY

Reaction score
Jimmy G and Goff would have to put up two really good seasons and Wilson two really bad seasons for them to overtake him IMO. Just like how Matt Ryan and Cam Newton's MVP seasons didn't make them better than Drew. Both fell off in the next year while Drew stayed Drew.

Marvin49

Reaction score
adeltaY":3qrhsrh0 said:
Jimmy G and Goff would have to put up two really good seasons and Wilson two really bad seasons for them to overtake him IMO. Just like how Matt Ryan and Cam Newton's MVP seasons didn't make them better than Drew. Both fell off in the next year while Drew stayed Drew.

...and IMO, the Ryan dropoff had alot to do with a certain OC who isn't there anymore.

I've never been a big Ryan fan.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
adeltaY":1yxokx35 said:

This is a pretty good example.

But IMO Drew Brees >>> Russell Wilson. So if somehow Goff did win the MVP this year, I would probably rank him over Wilson.

That's very unlikely to happen though, obviously.

Otherwise I agree with the good seasons needed for Goff to start bridging the gap.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Marvin49":akucoh1y said:
Ramfan128":akucoh1y said:
Sgt. Largent":akucoh1y said:
RedAlice":akucoh1y said:

Niners sneaking up.

-I think it's Goodwin

49ers WRs:

Not sure what that comment about Garcon was about. LOL. He's a pretty damn good WR and the Seahawks #1 guy has been Doug Baldwin (whom I like BTW so not a knock).

To answer the question tho, I don't think they really have one guy who you would call the #1. Instead they have a bunch of guys who are pretty good but none are Julio Jones. Garcon got hurt last year and didn't get to play a single down with Jimmy G.

Goodwins performance skyrocketed as soon as Jimmy started to play and had 319 yards in those first three Games Jimmy played. The only reason he didn't hit his first 1000 yard season is he got blasted in LA and exited the game in the final week of the season.

Trent Taylor was one of the best third down WRs in the NFL last season, particularly after Jimmy started.

Add to that now Pettis and Ritchie James and the Niners look pretty damn good at WR. There are no superstars there, but I'm pretty happy with what they have.

I think Goodwin will blow up, and I'm rooting for him. My wife and I were about two months pregnant when we read he and his wife's story - heartbreaking.

I actually don't think too much of Garcon these days (even though he lit us up in that Thursday game last year), but Taylor, Goodwin, Kittle and Pettis all have a lot of potential.

I'd be happy with it too. I mean, Robert Woods was a pretty bad FA move for the Rams based on what he did in Buffalo - until the games started. Different QB and OC can make all the difference.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
adeltaY":r7t5x1oj said:

Perfectly fair.

If either/or Jimmy and Goff blow up over the next two years, and Russell shows signs of diminished production?

Then I'm ready to have this conversation. But right now it's a laughable discussion.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Ramfan128":toedt69j said:
Marvin49":toedt69j said:
Ramfan128":toedt69j said:
Sgt. Largent":toedt69j said:

-I think it's Goodwin

49ers WRs:

I think Goodwin will blow up, and I'm rooting for him. My wife and I were about two months pregnant when we read he and his wife's story - heartbreaking.

I actually don't think too much of Garcon these days (even though he lit us up in that Thursday game last year), but Taylor, Goodwin, Kittle and Pettis all have a lot of potential.

I'd be happy with it too. I mean, Robert Woods was a pretty bad FA move for the Rams based on what he did in Buffalo - until the games started. Different QB and OC can make all the difference.

Yeah...funny how those Buffalo WRs go elsewhere and make something of themselves. :D

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
AZ was supposed to have a big announcement at 11 this morning. Anybody know what it was? Doesn't seem to be making any news. :yawn:

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":3oc69ni1 said:
AZ was supposed to have a big announcement at 11 this morning. Anybody know what it was? Doesn't seem to be making any news. :yawn:

They renamed their carport of a stadium State Farm Stadium, so there you go. Branding rights rename = "big announcement."