Does RW ever use the Audible at the Line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":39aje28r said:
Anthony!":39aje28r said:
Siouxhawk":39aje28r said:
I don't believe Russell is being prohibited from audibling calls, if that's what you're getting at. In fact, he's being encouraged to do it. His veteran leadership has earned him that authority.

so prove it then, Find me an article or a video or an audio were PC or someone said he has complete carte blanch at all times to change the play to anything he wants, and he never has a call made he cant change to anything. Until then you can believe what you want, that does not make it right and all you need to do is watch a game to know it.
I don't have to prove a damn thing. You're not proving anything other than saying "I heard" it on the radio. Sure.
Besides, my position has common sense behind it. It's absurd to think that Russ isn't allowed to audible as a six-year vet.

LOL first off again no one said he could not audible only that he cant all the time. one more time, he is given 2 plays, one to run one he can change to. That is it, Sometimes he gets no choice. However, when we run uptmepo he has complete choice. Having to choose between 2 plays is not an audible.

You are saying he can audible to any play at all times, that is not true, FYI GIven you have a HC who is turn over adverse and usually very conservative it is logical to think he would not give carte blanch to a QB who loves to throw long. So it is absurd to think he has carte blanch.

OrangeGravy

Reaction score
A QB doesn't make it even to college without being able to handle audibles. Just about every QB in high school football audibles to some degree or another based on their ability. There are many play adjustments at the LOS that can be made. Some are more permanent like a signal between receiver/QB. Most of the "check to" audibles are implemented during the week and are part of the game plan to specifically combat that team's defense. The OC still has control over what the "check to" play will be that week for certain formations the D is showing in relation to what formation the O is in. In order for an audible to work, it has to be an effective counter to what the D is showing and the QB has to check to it at the correct time. Some audibles also change the protection, which might be where Seattle has restricted them somewhat due to the O-line's lack of ability.

To say Russell doesn't audible or have the authority to audible is nonsense. The only time you might get told to run a play/plays without checking out of them is when the staff wants to see how the D reacts to specific plays (like the first few plays of a game). No organization is ever going to pay a QB $20+ million a year and not trust them to audible.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2wkruzil said:
And that's exactly what Russ is being trained to do. That was my initial point.
No, he isn't. He's already fully capable of that and has been for a while, which is why our two-minute offense (where the OC isn't calling all the damn plays) has a shockingly high success rate compared to our normal drives. My implication, for those not capable of understanding implied things that aren't blatantly spelled out, was that a lot of our formations are prohibitive in terms of allowing good audible options.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":ks5qyl1q said:
RolandDeschain":ks5qyl1q said:
P.S., having the ability to audible is one thing. Having good options to audible to that are likely to work well when you have a few seconds to change it based on where personnel already are on the field, etc. is something else.
And that's exactly what Russ is being trained to do. That was my initial point.

When you are only given to options there may not be a right one and that is not audibling, that is where you are getting confused, despiteme posting the definition and link to what an audible is.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":1kw9s7qw said:
Siouxhawk":1kw9s7qw said:
Anthony!":1kw9s7qw said:
Siouxhawk":1kw9s7qw said:
I don't believe Russell is being prohibited from audibling calls, if that's what you're getting at. In fact, he's being encouraged to do it. His veteran leadership has earned him that authority.

so prove it then, Find me an article or a video or an audio were PC or someone said he has complete carte blanch at all times to change the play to anything he wants, and he never has a call made he cant change to anything. Until then you can believe what you want, that does not make it right and all you need to do is watch a game to know it.
I don't have to prove a damn thing. You're not proving anything other than saying "I heard" it on the radio. Sure.
Besides, my position has common sense behind it. It's absurd to think that Russ isn't allowed to audible as a six-year vet.

LOL first off again no one said he could not audible only that he cant all the time. one more time, he is given 2 plays, one to run one he can change to. That is it, Sometimes he gets no choice. However, when we run uptmepo he has complete choice. Having to choose between 2 plays is not an audible.

You are saying he can audible to any play at all times, that is not true, FYI GIven you have a HC who is turn over adverse and usually very conservative it is logical to think he would not give carte blanch to a QB who loves to throw long. So it is absurd to think he has carte blanch.
You are the one misinformed about what an audible is. It's not having the ability to select any play that you want, rather it's a play within a play that attacks a different area of the opposing defense, an area where the defense may be weak and vulnerable. These things are practiced and the terminology used relays to the players how their assignment will change.

And I'm not sure where you got this idea that Russ is autonomously calling out plays while in uptempo mode? Bevell is communicating with him through his helmet speaker just like every coordinator or head coach around the league does. Russ has a wrist band that has a condensed version of the playbook on hit to use as a reference ... a cheat sheet so to speak. I could see him utilizing that from time to time.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
OrangeGravy":zk1j7kvr said:
A QB doesn't make it even to college without being able to handle audibles. Just about every QB in high school football audibles to some degree or another based on their ability. There are many play adjustments at the LOS that can be made. Some are more permanent like a signal between receiver/QB. Most of the "check to" audibles are implemented during the week and are part of the game plan to specifically combat that team's defense. The OC still has control over what the "check to" play will be that week for certain formations the D is showing in relation to what formation the O is in. In order for an audible to work, it has to be an effective counter to what the D is showing and the QB has to check to it at the correct time. Some audibles also change the protection, which might be where Seattle has restricted them somewhat due to the O-line's lack of ability.

To say Russell doesn't audible or have the authority to audible is nonsense. The only time you might get told to run a play/plays without checking out of them is when the staff wants to see how the D reacts to specific plays (like the first few plays of a game). No organization is ever going to pay a QB $20+ million a year and not trust them to audible.
Just read OrangeGravy here Anthony if you don't believe me. This is 100 percent accurate.

chris98251

Reaction score
It's laughable, Siouxhawk wants everyone to show and prove their points and contentions, when they do he dismisses them as hacks and Seahawk haters, when asked to prove his allegations he states he does not have to.

As much as we disagree with Anthony on things concerning Wilson he can support his arguments if challenged with real facts and articles, something Siouxhawk refuses and is unable to do.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1xa54qpl said:
Anthony!":1xa54qpl said:
Siouxhawk":1xa54qpl said:
Anthony!":1xa54qpl said:

You are the one misinformed about what an audible is. It's not having the ability to select any play that you want, rather it's a play within a play that attacks a different area of the opposing defense, an area where the defense may be weak and vulnerable. These things are practiced and the terminology used relays to the players how their assignment will change.

And I'm not sure where you got this idea that Russ is autonomously calling out plays while in uptempo mode? Bevell is communicating with him through his helmet speaker just like every coordinator or head coach around the league does. Russ has a wrist band that has a condensed version of the playbook on hit to use as a reference ... a cheat sheet so to speak. I could see him utilizing that from time to time.

and yet i am the one who posted the definition and called out why being given only 2 options is not an audible while all you do is keep trying to push your hope of what is happening when its not.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":1rbxvyod said:
I'd say I hate to prove you wrong, but we all know that's a lie.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2504 ... te-offense

Article":1rbxvyod said:
This is an up-tempo playbook, one that leans on sideline throws, the screen game, spread runs and three-level route concepts to move the ball—quickly—into scoring position with quarterbacks running the show at the line of scrimmage in a no-huddle system.

Sioux, you are WRONG. Just plain wrong. Admit it. One of the core tenets of the two-minute offense is that the QB runs the offense. You are so delusional. Frankly, I blame your parents. They obviously let you think you were right about everything as a child, and now you lack the ability to acknowledge being wrong as an adult. It's really rather sad.

Anthony!

Reaction score
chris98251":lu4r391z said:
It's laughable, Siouxhawk wants everyone to show and prove their points and contentions, when they do he dismisses them as hacks and Seahawk haters, when asked to prove his allegations he states he does not have to.

As much as we disagree with Anthony on things concerning Wilson he can support his arguments if challenged with real facts and articles, something Siouxhawk refuses and is unable to do.

SPOT ON!!!

Anthony!

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":2jsbjc67 said:
Siouxhawk":2jsbjc67 said:

Article":2jsbjc67 said:
This is an up-tempo playbook, one that leans on sideline throws, the screen game, spread runs and three-level route concepts to move the ball—quickly—into scoring position with quarterbacks running the show at the line of scrimmage in a no-huddle system.

Sioux, you are WRONG. Just plain wrong. Admit it. One of the core tenets of the two-minute offense is that the QB runs the offense. You are so delusional. Frankly, I blame your parents. They obviously let you think you were right about everything as a child, and now you lack the ability to acknowledge being wrong as an adult. It's really rather sad.

Great post thanks saved me the trouble!!

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3frwfbg7 said:
Siouxhawk":3frwfbg7 said:
Anthony!":3frwfbg7 said:
Siouxhawk":3frwfbg7 said:

and yet i am the one who posted the definition and called out why being given only 2 options is not an audible while all you do is keep trying to push your hope of what is happening when its not.
You posted a Webster-like definition of what an audible is and that definition more accurately described what I am getting at. It's an alteration of a play to attack a specific area of the opposing defense. It's NOT completely calling out a brand new play. That would require a time out and a new play would be called. The audible allows a similar alignment and personnel package ... a needed element due to the play clock ... but assignments are tweaked to attack the defense a certain way.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score

Anthony!

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2ymjr8ml said:
Anthony!":2ymjr8ml said:
Siouxhawk":2ymjr8ml said:
Anthony!":2ymjr8ml said:

You posted a Webster-like definition of what an audible is and that definition more accurately described what I am getting at. It's an alteration of a play to attack a specific area of the opposing defense. It's NOT completely calling out a brand new play. That would require a time out and a new play would be called. The audible allows a similar alignment and personnel package ... a needed element due to the play clock ... but assignments are tweaked to attack the defense a certain way.

LOl whatever you say, given how you have misquoted things I have said, left out things I have said, ignored things I have said, even ignore my attempt to agree to disagree it does not surprise me that you read the definition in a way that is inaccurate. It is now obvious no matter what anyone says,l what proof they provide you it will all be fake news to you. SO I Am going to do with you what I do will all trolls, let you talk to yourself

Anthony!

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":3kdbvq5b said:
Hey look, it's junior avoiding the replies that are proving him wrong. Here's another one, sport:

http://www.westcoastoffense.com/Game%20 ... 20Wood.htm

Situation is an important element that must be constantly on the mind of your quarterback and, hopefully, the entire unit. But make no mistake, your quarterback is running the operation.

LOL, something to support a point what a novel concept, now he will twist it around to suit his narrative like he tried with me

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Anthony!":3ftvzedw said:
RolandDeschain":3ftvzedw said:
Hey look, it's junior avoiding the replies that are proving him wrong. Here's another one, sport:

Situation is an important element that must be constantly on the mind of your quarterback and, hopefully, the entire unit. But make no mistake, your quarterback is running the operation.

LOL, something to support a point what a novel concept, now he will twist it around to suit his narrative like he tried with me
You guys are really out there. Seriously. Did you even read the analysis of the 2-minute by Mr. Wood? He states very clearly that coaching is vital for making this work. It comes in the preparation. It comes to making a checklist that can be changed weekly. But the checklist is rehearsed time and again so there are no surprises.

Mr. Wood does not imply that he's still not communicating with his quarterback. He's saying the QB needs to keep things efficient because time is of the essence. He is the quarterback, the field general, after all.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":117gdzw9 said:
RolandDeschain":117gdzw9 said:
Siouxhawk":117gdzw9 said:

Article":117gdzw9 said:

Direction is still being given. The helmet speaker is being utilized. These scenarios are also anticipated and rehearsed in practice. It's not just transpiring as a happenstance event as you seem to suggest.

The rest I'll ignore and chose to be the better man. You really add nothing around here, you know. Stay in The Shack where you belong.

Of course you want him to go to the Shack, you can't argue with someone that supports his claims with evidence, you dismiss Anthony by cherry picking out of his posts to twist the context, you STILL have not proven one aspect of your argument and contention but go to the extreme to try and argue that those that have supporting evidence and articles don't know anything or that those articles are false.

Would really like to give a High Five to both Anthony and Roland for their ability to stay in the framework and diligence support the side of the argument that Wilson is handcuffed in his ability to change calls and formations.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":13tncgdq said:
This is such blatant ignoring of the facts that it has to be nothing but pure trolling.
Yeah, that's your go-to word when you know your points are being refuted.

chris98251

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2cbvegbw said:
Anthony!":2cbvegbw said:
RolandDeschain":2cbvegbw said:

You guys are really out there. Seriously. Did you even read the analysis of the 2-minute by Mr. Wood? He states very clearly that coaching is vital for making this work. It comes in the preparation. It comes to making a checklist that can be changed weekly. But the checklist is rehearsed time and again so there are no surprises.

Mr. Wood does not imply that he's still not communicating with his quarterback. He's saying the QB needs to keep things efficient because time is of the essence. He is the quarterback, the field general, after all.

Yeah time, because Bevell is inefficient in his play calling and not giving Wilson the time to get lined up and change the play to one that has a better chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.