Donks vs 9ers

IndyHawk

Reaction score
The Santa Clara Niners stadium..Is that a retro look?

kearly

Reaction score
DavidSeven":y7xtnqjf said:
0-2 Pre-season = Eh, who cares?

Outscored 57-3 while going 0-2 in Pre-season = Hmm...

The starters have been getting slapped around even more than the 2nd and 3rd units have. Having your defense get torched by Manning and Osweiler with the officials making pass defense impossible is nothing too surprising, but last year's Raven's run blocking was HISTORICALLY bad and they ran all over SF's 1st team defense a week ago.

Also, their offense stinks. A lot of that is meaningless because their backup QBs are so terrible, but Kaepernick has not looked all that great either.

It's just two games and this is the time of year to work the kinks out. I think SF's offense will be a lot better than this in real games, but I think the cracks in the armor are real defensively, at least until they get Bowman and Smith back.

If SF starts out 3-3 I think Seattle likely has the division in the bag. This could end up being a big deal.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I take absolutely zero from preseason games. The Niners will look nothing like they did in that game (actually I didn't watch it ) but the Donks are in for a treat when they have to play both SEA/SF.

253hawk

Reaction score
Looks like a college stadium from the 70's/80's. All sorts of quirky lines in the place. Are they scared of a little symmetry?

irocdave

Reaction score
Man I feel dirty saying this but I would put money on the niners righting the ship early in the season. Way to much starting talent on D for them to fold up. For the niner fans hanging out here, pray the Donks pull out a win verse the Hawks or niners in the regular season. That fan base is similar to the niners, inordinate amount of belligerent ignorant homers. God forbid, the donks win against the Hawks and the niners, P Manning and horse face will take over Brett Favre's roll as the yearly media scripted, cultivated, NFL opinion directing circus of the year.

I want to see the NFC west destroy the donks and honestly think they will. If all is right in the NFL world the NFCC still goes through Seattle or Santa Clara (SF). The SB match will be more of a game this year but it still shouldn't be close. The modern NFL is based on drafting. Denver to get to where they are today by drafting, they went shopping in FA.

Laloosh

Reaction score
1st Quarter
Levi_01_zps303afea4.png

2nd Half Kick Off
Levi_02_zpsbb9280d0.png

Niner Nation eh?

I wonder if they left because their offense and defense were garbage or because they wanted to get out of the parking lot before their Monday morning meetings started.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
irocdave":2q5s271e said:
Man I feel dirty saying this but I would put money on the niners righting the ship early in the season. Way to much starting talent on D for them to fold up. For the niner fans hanging out here, pray the Donks pull out a win verse the Hawks or niners in the regular season. That fan base is similar to the niners, inordinate amount of belligerent ignorant homers. God forbid, the donks win against the Hawks and the niners, P Manning and horse face will take over Brett Favre's roll as the yearly media scripted, cultivated, NFL opinion directing circus of the year.

I want to see the NFC west destroy the donks and honestly think they will. If all is right in the NFL world the NFCC still goes through Seattle or Santa Clara (SF). The SB match will be more of a game this year but it still shouldn't be close. The modern NFL is based on drafting. Denver to get to where they are today by drafting, they went shopping in FA.
Why do you feel dirty? Is there some misconception about how the Niners are going to start the season bad because of a preseason game?

I would bet money that the Niners start their season just fine, no matter what happens in preseason. As they should. I am not seeing a big belief that they are going to suck. Maybe a defensive struggle early on because of some turnover, injury and suspension, but I don't see them losing quite yet.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Laloosh":1nbmjfnx said:
1st Quarter
Levi_01_zps303afea4.png

2nd Half Kick Off
Levi_02_zpsbb9280d0.png

Niner Nation eh?

I wonder if they left because their offense and defense were garbage or because they wanted to get out of the parking lot before their Monday morning meetings started.
Can't wait for Marvin's spin on this, should be a real knee slapper! 8)

Laloosh

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":2nekcg5u said:
Can't wait for Marvin's spin on this, should be a real knee slapper! 8)

Arizona had more butts in seats to start the 2nd half of their 1st home game.

Polk738

Reaction score
Lol, I have heard that the stadium public transportation is just god-awful and looking at that place I bet there were a lot of sunburns after that game considering there is no shade anywhere.

Trenchbroom

Reaction score
253hawk":2ud9z9a2 said:
Looks like a college stadium from the 70's/80's. All sorts of quirky lines in the place. Are they scared of a little symmetry?

Said the exact same thing to the wife. It's really a disjointed layout. Has to be the ugliest pro football stadium built this century.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":kahjuxbr said:
253hawk":kahjuxbr said:

Said the exact same thing to the wife. It's really a disjointed layout. Has to be the ugliest pro football stadium built this century.

Looks like they meant it to be a baseball stadium.

Not surprising when you think about it.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
theENGLISHseahawk":24esxph3 said:
SF49r":24esxph3 said:
Yeah were on our way to a 0-16 season now because of a couple PREseason blowouts :lol:

You're right... no reason to worry.

Getting blown out in back to back weeks is just one of those things that happens to great teams...

It's PRESEASON! We usually don't do well in PRESEASON.

Marvin49

Reaction score
kearly":zlbjju47 said:
I think Denver very well could have a better defense this year than SF through the first several weeks of the season, if not longer.

This is just preseason and all that. But all the same, I think these first two games have really underscored Baalke's ineffectiveness with picks in rounds 4-7.

Lol.

Oi. Here we go again.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":3l5kv0qs said:
theENGLISHseahawk":3l5kv0qs said:
SF49r":3l5kv0qs said:
Yeah were on our way to a 0-16 season now because of a couple PREseason blowouts :lol:

Getting blown out in back to back weeks is just one of those things that happens to great teams...

2011: 2-2

2012: 3-1

2013: 3-1

Orly owl

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":k300sw3s said:
I take absolutely zero from preseason games. The Niners will look nothing like they did in that game (actually I didn't watch it ) but the Donks are in for a treat when they have to play both SEA/SF.

This

Marvin49

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":2k529joz said:
Wonder how many more curb stompings have to occur before the Niners are in trouble according to the niner fan base?

If they don't score another point in the next 2 games and allow 30 per I won't say they are in trouble.

Wanna know why? Because I've watched football for 25 + years. Preseason means nothing. NOTHING. Even when it's starters on starters, no "team" results can be used to draw any conclusions. That won't stop the media and less experienced fans to freak the hell out tho. Just an example, if I remember correctly, the Lions team that went 0-16 was 4-0 in the preseason. Sh*t happens. Harbaughs Nimer got CRUSHED by he Saints in his very first game. They still went 13-3.

Why doesn't it matter even whe starters play? No game planning the opponent. Very often they are putting different players and combinations of players in specific positions to see how they react and see if they will be members of the team. That's not to say they lose on purpose...I'm simply saying winning is on the back burner because the goals they want to accomplish are more about finding out whom the want to be on the team.

"When the starters were in"... That concept cracks me up. The Niner starters were never "in" anyway. 5 of 11 defensive starters didn't play. I'd also be saying this win or lose

They only things you can really judge in preseason is how an individual player does with a specific assigner...but even that's flawed because you don't know what the player he's up against has been challenged to do

Bottom Line: Preseason. Means NOTHING either way. Although I will say that Niners are in trouble if Kap gets hurt.

lvnginhwktwn

Reaction score
Sarlacc83":380y3yaj said:
lvnginhwktwn":380y3yaj said:
theENGLISHseahawk":380y3yaj said:
SF49r":380y3yaj said:

Orly owl

Go back and watch it, ugly even when we won. Preseason is for the team to figure shit out, not to give the opposition the opportunity to figure shit out. You're dreaming if you think any of these games reflect what the team will look like come the start of regular season.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
lvnginhwktwn":37444pmh said:
Sarlacc83":37444pmh said:
lvnginhwktwn":37444pmh said:
theENGLISHseahawk":37444pmh said:

Orly owl

Go back and watch it, ugly even when we won. Preseason is for the team to figure shit out, not to give the opposition the opportunity to figure shit out. You're dreaming if you think any of these games reflect what the team will look like come the start of regular season.

Oh c'mon, you threw the pitch over the plate. Have a little bit of a laugh at yourself.

I mean, you're going to need it because judging by preseason, you are going to be in for a long year. :stirthepot:

Latest posts