Earl Thomas desirability poll

.net pulse regarding #29

• Get Earl in now, he’s badly needed

Votes: 30 13.1%
  • Trade Earl for no less than a 2nd round pick

Votes: 75 32.8%
  • Trade Earl for whatever you can get

Votes: 36 15.7%
  • Let him sit out, then let him walk in 2019 (potential comp pick)

Votes: 61 26.6%
  • Earl who?

Votes: 27 11.8%

• Total voters

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":vwtxxzu3 said:
toffee":vwtxxzu3 said:
Shadowhawk":vwtxxzu3 said:
Earl lost even more leverage with the news that Cincinnati cut George Iloka, who is nowhere near the player Earl is but will come cheaper and won't cost any draft picks, making him a better option for teams that need a safety but don't want to invest heavily in the position. In fact, it's sounding like the Raiders will pursue Iloka, which pretty much kills any chance of an Earl-for-Mack trade (though I doubt there was ever much of a chance of that anyway.)

Honestly, Earl's best move would be to report today in exchange for A) having his fines waived, B) a promise from the team that they will trade him if they get a viable offer, and C) a promise from the team that they will not franchise him in 2019. Then come in, treat the last year of his contract like a one-year "prove it" deal, and do his best to show the league that he's worth every penny he's asking for. And, frankly, I think teams might be more likely to pay him the money he wants if he demonstrates that he is worth it and they don't have to trade a high draft pick for him.

“So long God is with me, I will not fold.” Which part of our Earl’s declaration you don’t understand?

None of it.

Unfortunately God doesn't give a rat's ass about millionaires getting more millions playing a game, so not sure why Earl has decided to get all righteous and use his faith as the reason he's holding out.

Probably because that sounds way more selfless and admirable than "hey I'm greedy and I'm just trying to get as much money as possible."

He got the idea from the homeless and hungry signs he drives past in one of his cars from his collection.

Can you blame him? Dude has to eat too? :stirthepot:

[youtube]ltX6mMEg1mo[/youtube]

toffee

Reaction score
pmedic920":1uhdip2x said:
SoulfishHawk":1uhdip2x said:
Right, because "god" really cares about football [emoji1]

In fairness, it matters not your (or mine)opinion of “god”.

I don’t care one way or the other but what matters in this case is the belief and conviction of the person originally using the term, and that would be ETIII.

This.

I fully support our Earl, not just because his is my dawg, I admire that he personifies Alonso Quixano, and his knight-errant-ish quest to do the right thing: play only for Jerruh, $14mil a season, 5 seasons minimum. Pete and John are wrong to stood in the way of Earl's quest.

Our Earl is Sir Quixote of La Mancha, his Quixotic quest to right the unrightable wrong is noble, So with God on Earl's side, he will not fold.

Maxresdefault

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
You know Don Quixote was admittedly insane right? Which might not be a bad comparison for Earl, he is a little "off."

I admire Earl's convictions, even if I think he's not being honest with himself with why he's holding out. We all love money, just say it. No need to make it about something it's not.

JGfromtheNW

Reaction score
I thought this was the giveaway that toffee wasn't serious.

I fully support our Earl, not just because his is my dawg, I admire that he personifies Alonso Quixano, and his knight-errant-ish quest to do the right thing: play only for Jerruh, $14mil a season, 5 seasons minimum. Pete and John are wrong to stood in the way of Earl's quest.

Maybe he is? I'm so confused.

toffee

Reaction score
JGfromtheNW":zo2i70v4 said:
I thought this was the giveaway that toffee wasn't serious.

Maybe he is? I'm so confused.

Hahaha, toffee might not be 100% serious, but our Earl is putting his $$$ on the line, he is dead serious. At this point, it has evolved into a quest to Earl.

toffee

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2nk8t3n5 said:
You know Don Quixote was admittedly insane right? Which might not be a bad comparison for Earl, he is a little "off."

I admire Earl's convictions, even if I think he's not being honest with himself with why he's holding out. We all love money, just say it. No need to make it about something it's not.

Perhaps, Don Quixote's idealism and nobility are viewed by the post-chivalric world as insane, and are defeated and rendered useless by common reality. Similarly, our Earl's being wronged and needing to feed children are rendered greedy by common folks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
toffee went 3rd person, this is getting good.

If you're on Earl's side with the holdout, please explain any scenario where he gets the Eric Berry-esque 40M guaranteed at 14-15M per year that he wants? Even if he comes back, plays great then we're just going to franchise him next year in hopes of a better trade offer next off season.

Hell, he's gonna lose half his salary this year if he comes back in week 10. That's 5M gone, what sense does that make?

Ad Hawk

Reaction score
toffee":za6mst60 said:
Sgt. Largent":za6mst60 said:

Perhaps, Don Quixote's idealism and nobility are viewed by the post-chivalric world as insane, and are defeated and rendered useless by common reality. Similarly, our Earl's being wronged and needing to feed children are rendered greedy by common folks.

He'll be "our Earl" when he's back playing for "our" team. Until then, he's his own Earl, not mine.

mrt144

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1v3dizos said:

If you're on Earl's side with the holdout, please explain any scenario where he gets the Eric Berry-esque 40M guaranteed at 14-15M per year that he wants? Even if he comes back, plays great then we're just going to franchise him next year in hopes of a better trade offer next off season.

Hell, he's gonna lose half his salary this year if he comes back in week 10. That's 5M gone, what sense does that make?

I find it hard to be on Earl's side in this (from a few perspectives) but I also can't stand people hectoring him for doing what he's doing. Like of all the terrible things in the world to raise someone's pulse in the world Earl is the one who gets the stick? People that say sports is their refuge from the rest of the world are lying liars as their state of mind is projected onto sports to pick at the larger scabs that are bugging them without changing the situation or asking anything tangible from them.

If people took the same effort they put into criticizing football players for playing salary games into literally anything else that's even seemingly productive...I imagine the world would be a better place.

adeltaY

Reaction score
[instagram]BmzB1VblRMo[/instagram]

Caption: "I’m grateful for a great team around me that helps and wants me be successful!"

Not gonna lie, the ballsiness/absurdity of this put a smile on my face. :mrgreen:

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Earl had it made being placed in the Ring of Honor. What has he chosen to do instead? Rip his name off the walls of Seahawk stadium and tear up $5,000,000. Most rational people would call that "crazy, irrational thinking"!

toffee

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":5x5tttuf said:
Earl had it made being placed in the Ring of Honor. What has he chosen to do instead? Rip his name off the walls of Seahawk stadium and tear up $5,000,000. Most rational people would call that "crazy, irrational thinking"!

Quixotic indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brimsalabim

Reaction score
So right now Earl is the fourth highest paid Seahawk and second highest paid defender behind Russell, Baldwin, and B Wags. Wagner was just featured in a clip shown on GMF saying the Earl just wants to be paid as much as an offensive player? Are these guys upset that Baldwin makes more than them or are they wanting to change the whole league and get paid more than the QB?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
mrt144":16ooo6va said:
Sgt. Largent":16ooo6va said:

I find it hard to be on Earl's side in this (from a few perspectives) but I also can't stand people hectoring him for doing what he's doing. Like of all the terrible things in the world to raise someone's pulse in the world Earl is the one who gets the stick? People that say sports is their refuge from the rest of the world are lying liars as their state of mind is projected onto sports to pick at the larger scabs that are bugging them without changing the situation or asking anything tangible from them.

If people took the same effort they put into criticizing football players for playing salary games into literally anything else that's even seemingly productive...I imagine the world would be a better place.

I just heckle, I've never hectored someone.........................well there was that one time in college. But I was young, it was a different time.

KiwiHawk

Reaction score
toffee":3kqcahfc said:
The dude's already been paid $50 million. How fat are his kids?!?!?