Earl Thomas expected to report week 1

Chapow

Reaction score
James in PA":2jjeblpr said:
Finally some real news. Dallas upped their offer to a 2nd. Seattle wanted more. Good for them holding their ground! Earl to report now! D just got a lot better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm surprised they didn't accept a 2nd if they were truly trying to unload him. Seems like if they don't think he'll be here past this season they would have accepted that.

I hope this means that they want to try to keep Earl around for a few more years.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":d7flt2r9 said:
Stoked he's back. However, disrespected? Just stop Earl :roll:

is he worth more than he's making?

he thinks so

Mistashoesta

Reaction score
Hold him out? For what? A Earl with only one weeks practice is still leaps and bounds better than a Thompson with all the ota's, training camp, and preseason in. Get him in there. All this will be water under the bridge in a few weeks.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1dh7pfw3 said:
So Earl is coming in but still "disrespected"

I imagine some sort of extension is worked out once he pads up

Maybe, only if it's for far less than he's been demanding all off season.

And if he's already playing the disrespect card, my guess is his pride won't allow him to accept a small 2-3 team friendly extension..........which is the only extension I think the Hawks make now.

But I'm glad he's reported, cause our secondary can certainly use him.

IBleedBlueAndGreen

Reaction score
The team reportedly told him they would eliminate the fines he acquired by missing camp. Rappaport also claims they turned down a second round pick trade offer from Dallas in the past few days. If both are true it tells me the organization doesn't want to close the door on offering Earl an extension if he plays well at the beginning of the year.

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":1cq1sbww said:
Well, regardless, one thing we can probably all agree on: The team just got better.

Were we a better team with Percy Harvin?

Not saying Earl is Percy, I'm saying adding talent is not a given "better" if it has negative locker room effects and he contradicts the message being accepted by new players. Also, someone will need to be cut now.

To be clear, yes I think we are better for now. But it is not out of the question that we are worse off in the long run.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Who do you cut to make room for Earl? Hill? Luani? Someone else?

Trrrroy

Reaction score
GermanKicker23":yn39n3vg said:
Rookie Question: Can we Franchise Tag Earl Thomas next Year? Only out of interest.

Yes. But there would be another holdout.

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
What I look forward to is everyone doing the Mea Culpa posts about what they said regarding Earl.

He was an important part of our success. He is one of the most important players on the team.

And he will be worth it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
Wonderful news. Good decision Earl. The Seahawks just got a shot in the arm in the secondary.

quadsas

Reaction score
Can Dallas just offer a 1st rounder and take him already? this dude is going to be nothing but Locker Room Cancer™.

relationship between the organisation and Earl are inconsolable, he has to go. dudes brain is fried if he honestly believes this dumb shit hes been alking about. disrespected...gtfo

hawkfan68

Reaction score
TwistedHusky":1ut7plsc said:
What I look forward to is everyone doing the Mea Culpa posts about what they said regarding Earl.

He was an important part of our success. He is one of the most important players on the team.

And he will be worth it.

Agreed. Great post!

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I hope Earl plays pissed off. No matter how this plays out, a pissed off ET on the field can only be a good thing.

mistaowen

Reaction score
Thank god, esp with Tedric hampering an injury.

Show up, prove you're still worth top FS money, and be a leader on defense. Sounds like Cowboys maxed their offer at a 2nd rounder and our FO said no. Spine of the defense with Earl, Bobby, Reed/Johnson/Jones is very solid.

Latest posts