Earl to Ravens

ivotuk

Reaction score
Glad he got his money, from someone else.

I have a feeling that Earl is past his prime, both physically and emotionally. I think his injuries, his size, the expectations Ravens will have, and playing on a gutted defense will all turn out for the worse.

ChiefHawk

Reaction score
Earl found his payday - good for him.

I would have liked to see him stay an entire career here - but that was not going to happen at that money level or at all after the bird.

It was great, Earl.

mistaowen

Reaction score
One of the few teams I'm not upset he'd go to. Ravens are kind of the east coast Seahawks and would like them to beat the Steelers and Pats.

Happy he got the guaranteed money he wanted as well even though it wasn't gonna happen here. One of my favorite Seahawks ever.

nwHawk

Reaction score
To all of those Boys fans that thought Earl was a shoe-in to play in Dallas.... "How 'bout those Cowboys!" LOL - They can suck it too!

Thanks for the memories Earl. Now I need a new jersey!

getnasty

Reaction score
The most important peice to one of the best defenses of all time and one of my favorite Hawks. Glad he got paid.

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Cyrus12":3ik3vue6 said:
Have fun getting whooped by the Browns. Baltimore is a team trending downward.

I would completely disagree with this post. The Ravens already had a top defense with one of the best secondaries in the league, adding Earl might make it the best. They've improved their record ecery year since 2015 and won the division with a rookie QB last year. Lamar Jacksons passing ability is a question mark but with him and the addition of Mark Ingram, the run game should be tough to stop.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3dd5slh1 said:
Count me in the group that loved him as a Hawk and wishes he could have been here his entire career. I was in line for a new jersey around 2012/13 and if Russ hadn't come along it would have been ET.

It feels weird right now. I had reconciled that the Hawks would lose him a long time ago....any hope I had was dashed with the one finger salute. I actually felt happy when I heard this news cause it meant the Cowboys and Niners didn't land him. Anyone else feel that way?
Yep, never thought he’d be a cowboy, but thought he’d be a niner.
Cowboys fanbase thought for sure he was going to *allas and cheaply.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1o3v2mfa said:
Count me in the group that loved him as a Hawk and wishes he could have been here his entire career. I was in line for a new jersey around 2012/13 and if Russ hadn't come along it would have been ET.

It feels weird right now. I had reconciled that the Hawks would lose him a long time ago....any hope I had was dashed with the one finger salute. I actually felt happy when I heard this news cause it meant the Cowboys and Niners didn't land him. Anyone else feel that way?
Yep, never thought he’d be a cowboy, but thought he’d be a niner.
Cowboys fanbase thought for sure he was going to *allas and cheaply.

rjdriver

Reaction score
I will miss Earl but I will sleep better knowing that his kids won’t have to go hungry anymore. His family can finally be fed, and we should be happy for that.

Seanhawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":2badr6mp said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Seahawks/status/1105931534446452738[/tweet]

Great tribute to a great Seahawk and it was great of the organization to put that together. I'm glad Earl got what he wanted and I wish him the best, but sometimes you get what you deserve, so I think it would have been fitting to end the tribute with this...
Giphy

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Natethegreat":1ip7x4f5 said:
Seymour":1ip7x4f5 said:
Natethegreat":1ip7x4f5 said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong. That is not the highest paid safety right? In fact it seems like a deal I would pay to have him here.

The good news for us is you don't get to pay players that flip off "their team" and play traitor to other teams coaches in self seeking missions to land more Bentley's.
Yeah, I totally agree. After that you can't resign him.

Yeah that injury sure did hurt his chances to get a nice contract didn't it?? Oh wait I guess it didn't after all. Way to tarnish your legacy in the Emerald City.

Bye ET...

bigskydoc

Reaction score
Dragon beat me to it, but he's joining what was, arguably, already the best secondary in the league. He's got a real shot at another ring, plus the payday.

Money can't buy happiness, but it sure can salve a lot of pain.

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Natethegreat":2akh26zi said:
Someone correct me if I am wrong. That is not the highest paid safety right? In fact it seems like a deal I would pay to have him here.

He didn't WANT to be here. Thanks Earl...sincerely, thank you for your contributions to our beloved team. I wish him all the best. Time to move on however.

Vesuve

Reaction score
Seymour":3kvnq3fc said:
Natethegreat":3kvnq3fc said:

The good news for us is you don't get to pay players that flip off "their team" and play traitor to other teams coaches in self seeking missions to land more Bentley's.

I feel the same way.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
54428300_10157283777314171_208170759825129472_n.jpg

kidhawk

Reaction score
Sounds like he was about to sign a one year deal for $12 million before the Ravens made him the offer he took.

[urltargetblank]http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001023105/article/ravens-earl-thomas-was-prepared-to-sign-1yr-deal[/urltargetblank]