ESPN REPORTS: Patriots HUGE cheaters and Goodell covered

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
"So you are telling me that all the quotes, accusations and thefts are lies made up by people who are just jealous of the Patriots?"

To answer this a little better, I think the Patriots are the eye of the storm when it comes to the league office, other owners, fans, and today's media (esp ESPN). They've had ridiculous success compared to any other team since 2001, their record is insane and hard to fathom, even with the team completely turning over 2 or 3 times thru the years except for Brady. They have an arrogant coach, especially pre-2008. The QB isn't super-athletic, some call him a system QB, and he's had a few moments where he comes off as a privileged pretty boy. Throw in some rude fans, and you have a pretty inviting target.

Then you have the Tuck Rule game vs Oakland in 2001, and the Spygate case with the destroyed tapes, second only to the JFK shooting for conspiracy nuts. Also throw in Belichick not shaking hands after games, and the Pats running up scores in the 16-0/Randy Moss 2007 regular season. People also weary of NE winning it all 3 years out of 4.

That takes you up to the 2007/8 SB, where it all ignited. Pats were 18-0, there was national hysteria due to that/Spygate/running up scores etc. Then the day before the SB the Boston Herald breaks a story about the Pats having filmed the Rams walk thru practice back in 2001 (prior to that SB). It was a totally bogus story, the Herald eventually printed a full page retraction and apology, but it was too late. The damage was done, and after that it's just been open season on NE.

After 6 more years of excellence but no more titles, and Brady getting old, he became a little more of a sympathetic figure. Then this year you have the totally false Deflate-gate and now this piece of crap ESPN article that just rehashes it all.

So no, I wouldn't really call it jealousy, that would be oversimplifying. But I would say that:
- Goodell is a reckless bumbling fool who's assembled an incompetent office
- ESPN is some bad folk, and the media in general has lost its moral compass completely
- the other owners and executives, many not the brightest or most ethical (Hawks excluded), just can't understand or tolerate NE's success
- fans around the country are gullible and very easily deceived by the league and media

Erebus

Reaction score
ringless":193hwgci said:
View attachment 1

Here is the other view at the same time. Left Elbow down, ball in right hand. did not cross goal line.

You also have these guys hand underneath Warners jersey pulling it back which also should be a penalty on the same play. If Harrison had been slowed down a millisecond he doesnt score here. Warner would have slowed him down at least half a second here if not made a poor tackle.

View attachment 1

Yes but his helmet looks like it crossed the goal line, and according to the NFL, that's really all that matters. :sarcasm_off:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
You are the "eye of the storm" because there is a long and detailed history of subterfuge, cheating, lying and manipulation surrounding your team.

It's honestly shocking and somewhat sad you feel the need to come to an opposing teams fan board to defend your awful cheating team. It clearly bothers you that much.

I'd care so much less about any of this if it wasn't so profusely denied by Pats fans. As if the rest of the world is just that blind by the machine of ESPN and the NFL (two organizations known for protecting the Patriots) and you all need to save us.

Christ man, go to a therapist.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Uncle Si":27pg03yb said:
You are the "eye of the storm" because there is a long and detailed history of subterfuge, cheating, lying and manipulation surrounding your team.

It's honestly shocking and somewhat sad you feel the need to come to an opposing teams fan board to defend your awful cheating team. It clearly bothers you that much.

I'd care so much less about any of this if it wasn't so profusely denied by Pats fans. As if the rest of the world is just that blind by the machine of ESPN and the NFL (two organizations known for protecting the Patriots) and you all need to save us.

Christ man, go to a therapist.
That is a thread winner right there. ^^^ :th2thumbs:

Uncle Si

Reaction score
But the other 5 parts of the story and the entire SI story remain.

You win Pats fans. You win.

Wait. Sorry. You *win.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":1g9z4hx2 said:

Wait. Sorry. You *win.

Yeah, that's a real solid piece of journalism you're wedded to. Pulitzer Prize nomination for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1z3ttklr said:
Uncle Si":1z3ttklr said:

Wait. Sorry. You *win.

Yeah, that's a real solid piece of journalism you're wedded to. Pulitzer Prize nomination for sure.

Not as bad as the Fake Mac and Cheese your wedded to as a fan.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":wm3y5njf said:
Uncle Si":wm3y5njf said:

Wait. Sorry. You *win.

That's the thing....I just don't care.

But you do. A lot. And that says everything to me. You're so desperate for your team to be absolved of all this vilification because deep down you know at least some of it is true.

And it just pains you.

*winner

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
Everything the Pats franchise has done and will ever do is tainted. Worthless. A sum of zero, and it just kills you. The accomplishments matter not, because they are all and will forever be accompanied by the *. You're like the Bonds home run record.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
I'd like to get back to a point that Sarlacc83 brought up earlier and bring the Seahawks back in to the conversation here -- I don't know how many of you catch 950 KJR am first thing in the morning, but Dick Fain brought something up about Super Bowl XLIX yesterday morning around 6am that I thought very interesting. He came back to something that Malcolm Butler said right after the Super Bowl (and then they played the audio clip) of him saying that he'd seen the formation the Seahawks were in before and knew what play was coming. Fain thought that very interesting, claiming that the Seahawks had never run that play at any point during the season. Someone can correct me if that's wrong, but I certainly don't remember the Hawks running that during the regular season either. Parallel that with something else the ESPN article pointed out about how Mike Martz had implemented packages prior to the Super Bowl in 1999 that they had never run before ... and how stunned he was as it appeared to him the Patriots knew exactly what was coming. Did the Seahawks get spygated? Who knows and I doubt anyone will ever know definitively. What I will say is that history says when there's this much smoke, somewhere there's a fire.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":2f4t0urp said:
To answer this a little better, I think the Patriots are the eye of the storm when it comes to the league office, other owners, fans, and today's media (esp ESPN)

Well, you got one thing right, we're all tire of your organization......................and for all the wrong reasons.

This is the part Pat's fans forget, mainly because 80% of them couldn't name a player on the team prior to 1999. There have been MANY great NFL teams and dynasties..........yet Patriot fans act like this is the first time one team has dominated. Thus the collective "they hate us cause dey ain't us" refrain.

Yes, the rest of the country is sick and tired of your asses. Not because you win, but because we all have to turn on Sportscenter every day to see your stupid QB, coach, owners and special needs ball boys sucking the life out of our love for sports over and over and over and over and over.

Jesus, I cannot wait until the Patriots go back to what they were, a 2nd rate sad sack franchise in a fickle bitter red headed stepchild with a NY inferiority complex town.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":20tt6trh said:
I'd like to get back to a point that Sarlacc83 brought up earlier and bring the Seahawks back in to the conversation here -- I don't know how many of you catch 950 KJR am first thing in the morning, but Dick Fain brought something up about Super Bowl XLIX yesterday morning around 6am that I thought very interesting. He came back to something that Malcolm Butler said right after the Super Bowl (and then they played the audio clip) of him saying that he'd seen the formation the Seahawks were in before and knew what play was coming. Fain thought that very interesting, claiming that the Seahawks had never run that play at any point during the season. Someone can correct me if that's wrong, but I certainly don't remember the Hawks running that during the regular season either. Parallel that with something else the ESPN article pointed out about how Mike Martz had implemented packages prior to the Super Bowl in 1999 that they had never run before ... and how stunned he was as it appeared to him the Patriots knew exactly what was coming. Did the Seahawks get spygated? Who knows and I doubt anyone will ever know definitively. What I will say is that history says when there's this much smoke, somewhere there's a fire.

Yeah probably but it only makes the call that much worse. We knew they were cheaters and were warned so putting in a play call with no options to change and into the teeth of the defense was the worst thing to do. Having that knowledge and all the warnings from other teams we should have just ran it or at least called a play where only we could catch the pass or it goes out of bounds.

Don't let it kill you. XL was worse because we had no control of the outcome. That game was decided before we ever got on the field. At least in this one we could have controlled our own destiny.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":g7fp81qf said:

On that specific play its hard to tell because Browner was on the team and he obv would know what plays we have for goaline situations

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Erebus":g33c6te8 said:
seahawk12thman":g33c6te8 said:
GOOOOO STEELERS!!!

I know you mean that in the context of tomorrow's game, but...don't ever say that again.

I feel differently about the Steelers than most people on this board.

Did the Hawks get screwed in Super Bowl XL?

YES YES YES

BUT

You start to wonder who is to really blame? The refs cost us the game, not the team. I know their fans have been obnoxious but we would be too because the Steelers were screwed out of a Super Bowl the year before (Spygate). You have to wonder if the refs felt there was an injustice done to The Rooney family. We were the little nothing irrelevant Seahawks at the time. Their fans are a little bitter and felt that (right or wrong) were entitled to a Super Bowl because of the Cheatriots. Can you blame them? The team to blame for XL may also be the Scumbags from New England. Maybe this is far fetched but my hatred circles back to them more and more.

Hate the Steelers all you want but at least they didn't cheat.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ez5a6cc said:
50yrpatsfan":2ez5a6cc said:
To answer this a little better, I think the Patriots are the eye of the storm when it comes to the league office, other owners, fans, and today's media (esp ESPN)

Well, you got one thing right, we're all tire of your organization......................and for all the wrong reasons.

This is the part Pat's fans forget, mainly because 80% of them couldn't name a player on the team prior to 1999. There have been MANY great NFL teams and dynasties..........yet Patriot fans act like this is the first time one team has dominated. Thus the collective "they hate us cause dey ain't us" refrain.

Yes, the rest of the country is sick and tired of your asses. Not because you win, but because we all have to turn on Sportscenter every day to see your stupid QB, coach, owners and special needs ball boys sucking the life out of our love for sports over and over and over and over and over.

Jesus, I cannot wait until the Patriots go back to what they were, a 2nd rate sad sack franchise in a fickle bitter red headed stepchild with a NY inferiority complex town.

Blame the media for 50% of this, the NFL 49%, and the Patriots for 1%.

The recent ESPN article is a perfect example, just baseless and unattributed "stories", and the other media trolls feed on it like gulls. The roundtables with such moral pillars as Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe and Mark Brunell, all taking out of their asses. The NFL itself lying, distorting, and acting like a 15 year old on Facebook. There's your culprits, not Brady and Belichick.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":20go3y0s said:
50yrpatsfan":20go3y0s said:

Also, can't let that last comment pass. Nobody in New England feels an inferiority complex to NY. NE is the best place in America to live and be a sports fan, and Boston is the greatest of cities. New Yorkers come here by the thousands every year to escape their rat holes.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Uncle Si":2ymvhnr2 said:
50yrpatsfan":2ymvhnr2 said:
Uncle Si":2ymvhnr2 said:

Wait. Sorry. You *win.

That's the thing....I just don't care.

But you do. A lot. And that says everything to me. You're so desperate for your team to be absolved of all this vilification because deep down you know at least some of it is true.

And it just pains you.

*winner

Nobody's desperate pal, except ESPN, the NFL, and apparently haters like you. ESPN & the NFL have been exposed as lying scummy orgs with a major agenda. It's been a beautiful past few weeks.

I'm kind of waiting for an objective Hawks fan to step up and agree with me. I know you're here somewhere.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":m0zzgyd4 said:
Sgt. Largent":m0zzgyd4 said:
50yrpatsfan":m0zzgyd4 said:

Blame the media for 50% of this, the NFL 49%, and the Patriots for 1%.

The recent ESPN article is a perfect example, just baseless and unattributed "stories", and the other media trolls feed on it like gulls. The roundtables with such moral pillars as Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe and Mark Brunell, all taking out of their asses. The NFL itself lying, distorting, and acting like a 15 year old on Facebook. There's your culprits, not Brady and Belichick.
Some serious denial in all of your posts.
A legacy forever tainted by cheating!
The victim role doesn't suit Shady Brady, Billycheat, the Cheatriots, or their fanbase very well!