ESPN REPORTS: Patriots HUGE cheaters and Goodell covered

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1dludx2y said:
The recent ESPN article is a perfect example, just baseless and unattributed "stories", and the other media trolls feed on it like gulls. The roundtables with such moral pillars as Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe and Mark Brunell, all taking out of their asses. The NFL itself lying, distorting, and acting like a 15 year old on Facebook. There's your culprits, not Brady and Belichick.

You might have known, but my guess is the large majority of people that read the ESPN piece did not know Belichick and Kraft apologized before the owners over Spygate, nor did we know it all happened in 8 days...........which shows some gross procedural misconduct on Goodell's part for trying to get Spygate resolved ASAP to not tarnish the shield and move on.

Most people also probably didn't know Goodell had the tapes destroyed, also showing him as just as slimey as the Patriots.

Yes, the rest of it is accusations of cheating by other teams, owners, etc. Yet it all plays into the narrative of just another link in the chain of "The Patriots do everything and anything to push the rules past an acceptable point."

Which is what this is all REALLY about. Your team goes too far, period. Ever since Belichick was hired, he's installed a culture of let's do everything within our power to gain an advantage, even if that means crossing the line and hoping we don't get caught..........and if we do we'll take our punishment because it means winning.

Do other teams do the same thing? Maybe, probably. But the Patriots do it more, thus all these stories and accusations.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":72ddilns said:
Sgt. Largent":72ddilns said:
50yrpatsfan":72ddilns said:
To answer this a little better, I think the Patriots are the eye of the storm when it comes to the league office, other owners, fans, and today's media (esp ESPN)

Well, you got one thing right, we're all tire of your organization......................and for all the wrong reasons.

This is the part Pat's fans forget, mainly because 80% of them couldn't name a player on the team prior to 1999. There have been MANY great NFL teams and dynasties..........yet Patriot fans act like this is the first time one team has dominated. Thus the collective "they hate us cause dey ain't us" refrain.

Yes, the rest of the country is sick and tired of your asses. Not because you win, but because we all have to turn on Sportscenter every day to see your stupid QB, coach, owners and special needs ball boys sucking the life out of our love for sports over and over and over and over and over.

Jesus, I cannot wait until the Patriots go back to what they were, a 2nd rate sad sack franchise in a fickle bitter red headed stepchild with a NY inferiority complex town.

Blame the media for 50% of this, the NFL 49%, and the Patriots for 1%.

The recent ESPN article is a perfect example, just baseless and unattributed "stories", and the other media trolls feed on it like gulls. The roundtables with such moral pillars as Chris Carter and Shannon Sharpe and Mark Brunell, all taking out of their asses. The NFL itself lying, distorting, and acting like a 15 year old on Facebook. There's your culprits, not Brady and Belichick.

Perhaps you can't understand a simple question?? Why is ESPN (Who has kissed Tom Shady's behind from inception) all of a sudden turned on their golden boy? Your franchise is in the news every year for cheating. The Niners have had dynasties, they weren't indicted for endless cheating and neither were the Steelers. Just one cheats over and over again. Oh yes, I destroyed my cell phone conveniently before I was about to get roasted by Goddell who seems to love eating at the Kraft house. Your only idea of guilt is the Patriot organization coming out of the closets and confessing all of their sins :rofl: . That reminds me of the Movie Shawshenk Redemption; "Oh yes, I confess. Please put our legacy down as the biggest frauds in NFL History". The list is too long for even them to hold a press conference. This is up there with the Black Sox scandal and your team will be remembered as the biggest cheaters in NFL History.

You will simply be remembered as a troll.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1mm54ag1 said:
Uncle Si":1mm54ag1 said:
50yrpatsfan":1mm54ag1 said:
Uncle Si":1mm54ag1 said:
But the other 5 parts of the story and the entire SI story remain.

You win Pats fans. You win.

Wait. Sorry. You *win.

Yeah, that's a real solid piece of journalism you're wedded to. Pulitzer Prize nomination for sure.

That's the thing....I just don't care.

But you do. A lot. And that says everything to me. You're so desperate for your team to be absolved of all this vilification because deep down you know at least some of it is true.

And it just pains you.

*winner

Nobody's desperate pal, except ESPN, the NFL, and apparently haters like you. ESPN & the NFL have been exposed as lying scummy orgs with a major agenda. It's been a beautiful past few weeks.

I'm kind of waiting for an objective Hawks fan to step up and agree with me. I know you're here somewhere.
I'm waiting for one objective Cheatriots fan to admit they flat out cheated and have been for years, and say it without any qualifiers, pre-ambles, or 8 paragraphs full of propaganda. I'm not sure such creature exists.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Brilliant...pal. Very "Sully" of you. I'm desperate and a hater.. even though I said I literally just don't care.

Has it been a "beautiful past few weeks" running from board to board trying to absolve your scummy team from its guilt, from an apparent scummy organization that has literally already lied for your team in the past? You need therapy, pal.

I am as objective as anyone can be. I mean honestly don't care if they cheated, lied or whatever. It's sports. But you're the one that keeps beating this to the ground on another team's board. Why? Because you need to. You don't want an objective fan, you want an enabler, someone to help you feel better about your team, because you know they're guilty.

Sad.

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":3h4f6gex said:
I'd like to get back to a point that Sarlacc83 brought up earlier and bring the Seahawks back in to the conversation here -- I don't know how many of you catch 950 KJR am first thing in the morning, but Dick Fain brought something up about Super Bowl XLIX yesterday morning around 6am that I thought very interesting. He came back to something that Malcolm Butler said right after the Super Bowl (and then they played the audio clip) of him saying that he'd seen the formation the Seahawks were in before and knew what play was coming. Fain thought that very interesting, claiming that the Seahawks had never run that play at any point during the season. Someone can correct me if that's wrong, but I certainly don't remember the Hawks running that during the regular season either. Parallel that with something else the ESPN article pointed out about how Mike Martz had implemented packages prior to the Super Bowl in 1999 that they had never run before ... and how stunned he was as it appeared to him the Patriots knew exactly what was coming. Did the Seahawks get spygated? Who knows and I doubt anyone will ever know definitively. What I will say is that history says when there's this much smoke, somewhere there's a fire.

The play was played earlier in the year on the approx 50 yd line. Went exactly as it was supposed to and LockettEEE caught the ball and we got about 6-8 yards out of it for a first down. I have it on DVD from one of our games. But that is the only time I saw that play all year. I did miss a couple games due to hunting and because I was at them. Could not review them later as the dvdrecorder receiver failed me. As far as it being on the goal line, I dont recall any playcall like that on the goal line. Just my humble Seahawk colored glasses opinion. 8)

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":311a5lvv said:
I am as objective as anyone can be. I mean honestly don't care if they cheated, lied or whatever. It's sports. But you're the one that keeps beating this to the ground on another team's board. Why? Because you need to. You don't want an objective fan, you want an enabler, someone to help you feel better about your team, because you know they're guilty. .

This is why Pat's fan isn't being honest with himself over Boston's inferiority complex with NY and winning in general.

You don't go to other team's websites burning calories profusely defending the Patriots unless you REALLY care about what other fans think, desperately trying to sway people's opinions.

Pat's fan isn't alone either, my Patriot fan buddy does the same thing. Hounds me and others constantly on Facebook linking articles and "facts" about all this garbage.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Hawkscanner":tng41aan said:
I'd like to get back to a point that Sarlacc83 brought up earlier and bring the Seahawks back in to the conversation here -- I don't know how many of you catch 950 KJR am first thing in the morning, but Dick Fain brought something up about Super Bowl XLIX yesterday morning around 6am that I thought very interesting. He came back to something that Malcolm Butler said right after the Super Bowl (and then they played the audio clip) of him saying that he'd seen the formation the Seahawks were in before and knew what play was coming. Fain thought that very interesting, claiming that the Seahawks had never run that play at any point during the season. Someone can correct me if that's wrong, but I certainly don't remember the Hawks running that during the regular season either. Parallel that with something else the ESPN article pointed out about how Mike Martz had implemented packages prior to the Super Bowl in 1999 that they had never run before ... and how stunned he was as it appeared to him the Patriots knew exactly what was coming. Did the Seahawks get spygated? Who knows and I doubt anyone will ever know definitively. What I will say is that history says when there's this much smoke, somewhere there's a fire.

We didn't run that play at goaline at any point in the 2014 season. We've run it a couple times in years past, but never from that exact formation in a goaline situation (3WR with two stacked on the right).

There are a number of plays we can (and have) run with that personnel. Lockette could've ran a corner route to the outside, which is basically what Chris Matthews ran from a similar formation on his end-of-half TD. Kearse could've ran a fade from the slot, which might've required Browner and Butler to switch (watch the KC game where Doug should've drawn PI on 4th down -- same concept). We also could've thrown to Lynch in the flat, which has been a very successful play for us from similar formations (remember when Lynch slow walked into the endzone vs SF? -- same play). Read-option was also on the table.

For them to know, based on the formation alone, that a pick-play was coming seems pretty unbelievable to me. Maybe something about Lockette being on the outside was the clue, or maybe that was just the greatest guess in Super Bowl history.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3t49c58t said:
You don't go to other team's websites burning calories profusely defending the Patriots unless you REALLY care about what other fans think, desperately trying to sway people's opinions.
Curiously no Pats** fans have stepped into my Steelers board this week to talk smack.

(BTW, I use Pats** with two * because they've been caught cheating twice.)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":2b0ghfp5 said:
Sgt. Largent":2b0ghfp5 said:
Curiously no Pats** fans have stepped into my Steelers board this week to talk smack.

NICE! :th2thumbs:

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
seahawk12thman":srmtv6df said:
Erebus":srmtv6df said:
seahawk12thman":srmtv6df said:
GOOOOO STEELERS!!!

I know you mean that in the context of tomorrow's game, but...don't ever say that again.

I feel differently about the Steelers than most people on this board.

I'm with you on this. I have no ill-will towards the Steelers franchise at all. They're a model of success and efficiency.

camdawg

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3h1dbi9m said:
lol, now ESPN has removed from their article that part about stealing the playbooks and play-sheets from the locker rooms:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... iots-opus/

To clarify-what was actually removed was something from a separate column. That column, also on ESPN, was critical of several points in the main article we've been discussing in this thread. What was actually removed was criticism of the stealing playbooks/playsheets. Which means ESPN is supporting their earlier assertions from Monday, not taking them away.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1u7cmrhe said:
50yrpatsfan":1u7cmrhe said:

You might have known, but my guess is the large majority of people that read the ESPN piece did not know Belichick and Kraft apologized before the owners over Spygate, nor did we know it all happened in 8 days...........which shows some gross procedural misconduct on Goodell's part for trying to get Spygate resolved ASAP to not tarnish the shield and move on.

Most people also probably didn't know Goodell had the tapes destroyed, also showing him as just as slimey as the Patriots.

Yes, the rest of it is accusations of cheating by other teams, owners, etc. Yet it all plays into the narrative of just another link in the chain of "The Patriots do everything and anything to push the rules past an acceptable point."

Which is what this is all REALLY about. Your team goes too far, period. Ever since Belichick was hired, he's installed a culture of let's do everything within our power to gain an advantage, even if that means crossing the line and hoping we don't get caught..........and if we do we'll take our punishment because it means winning.

Do other teams do the same thing? Maybe, probably. But the Patriots do it more, thus all these stories and accusations.

OK, as I mentioned in another post, Spygate changed Belichick. Kraft made him see that being hyper-aggressive on rule interpretation was not smart, there was a bigger picture. Belichick also came close to being suspended then, which would be like taking his air supply. And they lost a 1st round draft choice and large fines, the worst penalty ever assessed a team to that point, a total overreach by Goodell not unlike what he just did with Deflategate, but nobody should be saying they didn't get penalized enough for Spygate. Yes, Belichick also apologized to the owners.

BB & Kraft took the whole thing very seriously, and created a check & balance system, a group rather than just BB, to review all league memos and rule changes as they came in, and also they reviewed all their internal procedures, to expressly guarantee that nothing like Spygate would ever happened again. Since then, as both men have publicly stated, they stay far, far away from any gray areas in the rules, and do everything by the book.

So folks can get all worked out about the 2006 season and prior, but since then NE has run as clean a ship as there is.

As far as destroying tapes, that's a total red herring. The Pats told the league everything and gave them everything. They'd been doing the sideline taping for a couple of seasons, 2005 & 2006, as had the Jets. There were 6 tapes in all as I recall, as they recycled them. The tapes were played ad nauseum on TV for weeks during the early 2007 season, while ex-players would argue over their significance. Then when the case was all wrapped up, Goodell got rid of them.

Arlen Specter was the one who started making noise about the tapes for political reasons, solely because NE had beaten both the Steelers and Eagles from his state of PA and he knew it would get him votes. He's the only reason the destroyed tapes issue has a shelf life today. Goodell had every right to dispose of old evidence on a closed case.

Ron Burgundy

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":24u09yvs said:
Ron Burgundy":24u09yvs said:
Sgt. Largent":24u09yvs said:

Our rule on smack is that we welcome opponent's fans to come on to our board (SteelerNation.com) on game week to talk smack but if the Steelers win you have to come back for your ass kicking or get permabanned.

Of course we all want our team to win tonight but thinking Steeler fans realize that our defense is beyond awful this year. Dumpster fire of epic proportion. Ben better put up 60 because the Pats** are going to score 50.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":1eenvpqo said:
BB & Kraft took the whole thing very seriously, and created a check & balance system, a group rather than just BB, to review all league memos and rule changes as they came in, and also they reviewed all their internal procedures, to expressly guarantee that nothing like Spygate would ever happened again. Since then, as both men have publicly stated, they stay far, far away from any gray areas in the rules, and do everything by the book. .

Where was the checks and balanced when the rogue equipment managers were deflating footballs without anyone's knowledge?

Oh that's right, everyone did know. Those idiots wouldn't wipe their own butts without Bill and Tom telling them it was OK.

I have to give it to you Pats Fan, you are one of the most delusional fans we've ever had around here.........and that's saying a LOT.

Belichick didn't change anything, other than making sure to hire out his skullduggery so he wouldn't be directly blamed.

ringless

Reaction score
50yrspatsfan still claims the balls weren't defaulted.

But one things that doesnt make since. Why did the Patrots balls deflate more than the Colts? Why was there a bigger percentage of deflation. In fact, since the Colts balls had more air in them, they should have deflated more than the Patriots yet the opposite happened.

Too many coincidences to be a false report on this one. We all know the details, and yet here I am still asking questions of someone who I know will refuse to see the truth.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
ringless":3vkdc9qz said:

But one things that doesnt make since. Why did the Patrots balls deflate more than the Colts? Why was there a bigger percentage of deflation. In fact, since the Colts balls had more air in them, they should have deflated more than the Patriots yet the opposite happened.

Too many coincidences to be a false report on this one. We all know the details, and yet here I am still asking questions of someone who I know will refuse to see the truth.
I can tell you his response right now... ideal gas theory, but that doesn't come into play because of the points you just mentioned.

50yrpatsfan

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":3iy581r1 said:
ringless":3iy581r1 said:

I can tell you his response right now... ideal gas theory, but that doesn't come into play because of the points you just mentioned.

The AEI report addressed that. Both teams balls were under 12.5. The colts were a little higher because they started a little higher, and also they were in the locker room at halftime 15 min longer before getting measured. AEI concluded that NE's balls were in the expected range, and Indy's were abnormally high, higher than they should have been, because of the delay in measuring them.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
50yrpatsfan":3g9imfic said:
Sports Hernia":3g9imfic said:
ringless":3g9imfic said:

The AEI report addressed that. Both teams balls were under 12.5. The colts were a little higher because they started a little higher, and also they were in the locker room at halftime 15 min longer before getting measured. AEI concluded that NE's balls were in the expected range, and Indy's were abnormally high, higher than they should have been, because of the delay in measuring them.

Yeah that's why the special needs equipment dudes were texting with Tom, and he destroyed his phone........cause it was all on the up and up. Cause that's what rational people not breaking the rules do, joke about deflating footballs and destroy their cell phones one day before their hearing.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Ron Burgundy":wgmvdiyp said:
Sports Hernia":wgmvdiyp said:
Ron Burgundy":wgmvdiyp said:
Sgt. Largent":wgmvdiyp said:

Our rule on smack is that we welcome opponent's fans to come on to our board (SteelerNation.com) on game week to talk smack but if the Steelers win you have to come back for your ass kicking or get permabanned.

Of course we all want our team to win tonight but thinking Steeler fans realize that our defense is beyond awful this year. Dumpster fire of epic proportion. Ben better put up 60 because the Pats** are going to score 50.

If you guys go 1-15 and your only win is against those assclowns, it isn't that bad of a year... :th2thumbs:

Threedee

Reaction score
I have a new reason to win SB L. With Goodell skipping tonight's game, we can open next year, and when he unwittingly sets foot in the Clink, the loudest stadium in the NFL completely schools him, and drives him out (reestablishing the dumb sound record, I might add), showing him what the other 31 fan bases think of his incompetence and corruption.