FAO Packer fans

FAH1223

Reaction score
You're right, we have no chance.

However, I do hope and expect GB plays a much more competitive game.

Looking back at Week 1, it was a one score game at halftime. Then the following happens

We kick off. The defense stops them. They punt.

Then, Rodgers threw a pick inside his own 15.

We give up a FG. 20-10.

We turn it over on downs.

Seahawks punt.

Rodgers gets strip sacked and we give up a safety. 22-10.

Bakhtiari gets called for a personal foul. The Hawks get the ball at midfield.

SEA score. 29-10. Bulaga gets injured, Sherrod comes in. Game over.

Every team has these issues it seems like when they go to Seattle. We'd have to eliminate the mistakes to make it competitive which I think they'll do.

But we won't be able to stop Russ and Marshawn. No way in hell.

Enjoy the Super Bowl and the chance for a repeat.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
FAH1223":rmy761dn said:

Looking back at Week 1, it was a one score game at halftime. Then the following happens

We give up a FG. 20-10.

Seahawks punt.

Every team has these issues it seems like when they go to Seattle. We'd have to eliminate the mistakes to make it competitive which I think they'll do.

If Rodgers is limping you won't score at all.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":r18vou9p said:
The Packers have no shot at winning this game.

I digress. If Kam Chancellor blows up Aaron Rodgers... and...

"GOOD GAWD ALMIGHTY, THAT'S MATT FLYNN'S MUSIC!"

;)

Hawknballs

Reaction score
FAH1223":2apb4qqi said:

We give up a FG. 20-10.

Seahawks punt.

Every team has those issues because...that's how football games work? Things happen. One team capitalizes, the other crumbles.

Tired of opposing teams fans using the 'but if only....' "but that one flukey play...." 'If only this wierd thing....." "we just needed this one play to go our way and if that happens..."

The Seahawks are 41-13 over the past 3 seasons with a 5-1 playoff record and a superbowl trophy.

I promise, If your team loses it's because Seattle beat you, it's not becuase of a 'flukey mistake' your team makes.

taco40

Reaction score
VaporHawk":2t1b2c4p said:
...by quarter it usually goes like this for opposing fans.
1st: Hawks aren't that great
2nd: Look we are in this
3rd: Oh there is that running game of theirs.
4th: OMG Hawks are so lucky. Why is this happening to us.
After: We had them. Missed opportunities. Fire the OC...

I'd like half the folks on the game day chat to read the post above.
Some need to be carrying around a personal hospital urinal during the first half because they act like they're peeing in anguish because Bevell isn't calling the right plays.
Wow. come on , man!
Get your head in the game and realize that the coaching staff is really good at making adjustments and the players are really good at carrying out those adjustments. With a team like we have, it's time to be just a bit less emotional about how things are going.
Save the emotions for watching Rain City Redemption for the 20th time. Sniff.

:les:

hawk45

Reaction score
taco40":17w4bxcq said:
VaporHawk":17w4bxcq said:

I'd like half the folks on the game day chat to read this.
Some need to be carrying around a personal hospital urinal during the first half because they act like they're peeing in anguish because Bevell isn't calling the right plays.
Wow. come on , man!
Get your head in the game and realize that the coaching staff is really good at making adjustments and the players are really good at carrying out those adjustments. With a team like we have, it's time to be just a bit less emotional about how things are going.

I don't want to re-open arguments about chess matches and setting things up later, but I think it's legit to point out there's a cost to tanking early drives (and also to point out it may have nothing to do with chess and just be bubble-screen-love). Those first few 3 and outs for Carolina we had them on the run, were smacking Cam around, and if we put up an early 7 there's a chance to send them into full panic mode. Instead we just offered up multiple 3 and outs of our own and let Carolina calm down.

hawkfannj

Reaction score
I know it's Monday and by the time fri comes around The nerves will kick in .understand the packers are a dam good football team . It won't be an ass kickin it will be a hard tough game . I just can't see a blow out that many are insinuating " right now "
With that said I do believe we will win but no way we blow them out.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
The Packers have NO shot of winning? Come on now. Hawks should win, but this is gonna' be one hell of a football game.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
HomerJHawk":2w0qeafj said:
Rodgers says he has 120 minutes still left in him. We're gonna take away 60.

Screw that, our guys are going to take away all of it.

Riley12

Reaction score
taco40":3owdv69n said:
VaporHawk":3owdv69n said:

I'd like half the folks on the game day chat to read the post above.

Heck. Half the people attending the game need to read and memorize that post.

A game like SB48 comes around once in a while, but is not our norm.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
taco40":z4dgiwnu said:

You've only watched it 20 times? What are you? A band wagoner?

chris98251

Reaction score
Seen to many times where a key player is hurt and the rest of the team performs above expectations, nothing is in the bag, what it says on paper can be erased easily with determination of a team and the expectation that we have this by us. Tampa Bay still comes to mind, Arizona and 5 turnovers and we lose.

Remember when Curt Warner went down, the Seahawks rose above the loss and had a great year despite losing him.

BBlades89

Reaction score
VaporHawk":f1l0j329 said:

The way the Hawks play kind of remind me of a quote from Rounders: "Now all I have to do is lean on him until he falls over."

The Hawks just "lean" on their opponent until they fall over, usually in the 2nd half...then the games gets out of hand.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
FAH1223":2xo97c97 said:

We give up a FG. 20-10.

Seahawks punt.

Every team has a chance, the actual likelihood of that chance is what to consider.

Being competitive is a guarantee, the Packers will be competitive, after all it is the playoffs.

But Sunday will be 4 quarters of sell out football, no matter the score or situation. GB does NOT have the kind of defense that creates problems for a very underrated Seahawks offense. If GB scores, Seattle will be doing the same.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
[youtube]TjGGnjCJ2yo[/youtube]

"Is it bragging, if you back it up"

" Anything you do, they'll do.....better"

ptisme

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":bn62ydvd said:
I'm not intending this post to come off as disrespect. You have every right to come here, and are encouraged to talk about the upcoming matchup this Sunday. Please come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out.

You may be thinking your Packers have a punchers chance. Some of you may be more confident than that, thinking you're gonna roll in here Sunday afternoon and roll out with a win. Well, let me put those misguided thoughts to rest here and now. Oh, sure, you have a very very good offense over there, with a QB who is better on one leg than most other QBs are on two legs. You have a serviceable running back stable in Starks and Lacy - either of whom is capable of ripping off a big one. You may look to Seattle's injuries on the D-line and think that gives your RBs a chance to gash us for some yardage. You might look to our mediocre O-line and think that you'll be able to pressure Wilson into making some bad throws and turning the ball over. You're going to listen to the pundits all week and hone in on the ones who say that the Packers are going to go up to Seattle and win. You might think your team has some kind of intangible 'destiny' factor this year.

Like most fans, you will likely feel more confident as the week rolls along. On Sunday, you'll believe in your heart that the Packers are going to do it, they're going to beat Seattle on Rodgers' gimpy leg and then roll into Glendale and win the Superbowl. Your heart will be racing when the ref tosses the coin. Then the game will start, and you'll watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football, and then neither you nor anyone else will have anything to say.

Que the disrespect...

E.Lacy27

Reaction score
peachesenregalia":3i7vr8te said:
I'm not intending this post to come off as disrespect. You have every right to come here, and are encouraged to talk about the upcoming matchup this Sunday. Please come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out.

You may be thinking your Packers have a punchers chance. Some of you may be more confident than that, thinking you're gonna roll in here Sunday afternoon and roll out with a win. Well, let me put those misguided thoughts to rest here and now. Oh, sure, you have a very very good offense over there, with a QB who is better on one leg than most other QBs are on two legs. You have a serviceable running back stable in Starks and Lacy - either of whom is capable of ripping off a big one. You may look to Seattle's injuries on the D-line and think that gives your RBs a chance to gash us for some yardage. You might look to our mediocre O-line and think that you'll be able to pressure Wilson into making some bad throws and turning the ball over. You're going to listen to the pundits all week and hone in on the ones who say that the Packers are going to go up to Seattle and win. You might think your team has some kind of intangible 'destiny' factor this year.

Like most fans, you will likely feel more confident as the week rolls along. On Sunday, you'll believe in your heart that the Packers are going to do it, they're going to beat Seattle on Rodgers' gimpy leg and then roll into Glendale and win the Superbowl. Your heart will be racing when the ref tosses the coin. Then the game will start, and you'll watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football, and then neither you nor anyone else will have anything to say.

Clearly I'm a Packer fan based on my user name. I tend to read other fan forums and don't post much, but I had to on this one.

You request that Packer fans, "come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out."

Then, however, you precede to go the exact opposite of what you'd like us Packer fans do. Saying, we will "watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football" is not civil. You also give no reasons or explanations behind what you think will happen.

Basically, if you're going to request civilly from opposing fans, you should also be civil yourself.