FAO Packer fans

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":3j6s71nw said:
peachesenregalia":3j6s71nw said:
I'm not intending this post to come off as disrespect. You have every right to come here, and are encouraged to talk about the upcoming matchup this Sunday. Please come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out.

You may be thinking your Packers have a punchers chance. Some of you may be more confident than that, thinking you're gonna roll in here Sunday afternoon and roll out with a win. Well, let me put those misguided thoughts to rest here and now. Oh, sure, you have a very very good offense over there, with a QB who is better on one leg than most other QBs are on two legs. You have a serviceable running back stable in Starks and Lacy - either of whom is capable of ripping off a big one. You may look to Seattle's injuries on the D-line and think that gives your RBs a chance to gash us for some yardage. You might look to our mediocre O-line and think that you'll be able to pressure Wilson into making some bad throws and turning the ball over. You're going to listen to the pundits all week and hone in on the ones who say that the Packers are going to go up to Seattle and win. You might think your team has some kind of intangible 'destiny' factor this year.

Like most fans, you will likely feel more confident as the week rolls along. On Sunday, you'll believe in your heart that the Packers are going to do it, they're going to beat Seattle on Rodgers' gimpy leg and then roll into Glendale and win the Superbowl. Your heart will be racing when the ref tosses the coin. Then the game will start, and you'll watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football, and then neither you nor anyone else will have anything to say.

The Packers have no shot at winning this game.

Clearly I'm a Packer fan based on my user name. I tend to read other fan forums and don't post much, but I had to on this one.

You request that Packer fans, "come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out."

Then, however, you precede to go the exact opposite of what you'd like us Packer fans do. Saying, we will "watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football" is not civil. You also give no reasons or explanations behind what you think will happen.

Basically, if you're going to request civilly from opposing fans, you should also be civil yourself.

fo shizzle.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
E.Lacy27":26a8kbu3 said:
peachesenregalia":26a8kbu3 said:
I'm not intending this post to come off as disrespect. You have every right to come here, and are encouraged to talk about the upcoming matchup this Sunday. Please come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out.

You may be thinking your Packers have a punchers chance. Some of you may be more confident than that, thinking you're gonna roll in here Sunday afternoon and roll out with a win. Well, let me put those misguided thoughts to rest here and now. Oh, sure, you have a very very good offense over there, with a QB who is better on one leg than most other QBs are on two legs. You have a serviceable running back stable in Starks and Lacy - either of whom is capable of ripping off a big one. You may look to Seattle's injuries on the D-line and think that gives your RBs a chance to gash us for some yardage. You might look to our mediocre O-line and think that you'll be able to pressure Wilson into making some bad throws and turning the ball over. You're going to listen to the pundits all week and hone in on the ones who say that the Packers are going to go up to Seattle and win. You might think your team has some kind of intangible 'destiny' factor this year.

Like most fans, you will likely feel more confident as the week rolls along. On Sunday, you'll believe in your heart that the Packers are going to do it, they're going to beat Seattle on Rodgers' gimpy leg and then roll into Glendale and win the Superbowl. Your heart will be racing when the ref tosses the coin. Then the game will start, and you'll watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football, and then neither you nor anyone else will have anything to say.

The Packers have no shot at winning this game.

Clearly I'm a Packer fan based on my user name. I tend to read other fan forums and don't post much, but I had to on this one.

You request that Packer fans, "come in and civilly converse about your team's strengths and weaknesses, your perceptions about our team's strengths and weaknesses and how you think the whole thing is gonna play out."

Then, however, you precede to go the exact opposite of what you'd like us Packer fans do. Saying, we will "watch as the Seahawks kick the living shit out of your beloved Packers through four quarters of football" is not civil. You also give no reasons or explanations behind what you think will happen.

Basically, if you're going to request civilly from opposing fans, you should also be civil yourself.

This is peaches schtick. Don't mind him.

We will welcome intelligent banter any day of the week. :th2thumbs: