Frank Clark Gives Me Hope

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Jerhawk":2j2z72eb said:
jmahon316":2j2z72eb said:
WmHBonney":2j2z72eb said:
Coug_Hawk08":2j2z72eb said:
If only he didn’t end with the ‘feed my family’ bit.
Why? He is focusing on what matters during the season....FOOTBALL. Some of our other players should try it.

Yeah, I didn't understand the distaste for that last line either.

Because he makes a ton of money, feeding his family in terms of financial security is a joke to those of us with real life financial struggles.

Oh boo hoo.

Context is everything here.

This is his livelihood just like your job is yours.

Don't tell me you aren't trying to bring in as much money as you can.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":3kko6ohw said:
Good thing, Clint Hurtt is the defensive line coach.

I think a great coach can get a lot out of Clark.

I said it before and I'll say it again, Clark is the Hawks future center piece on defense.

Clark will overtake Wagner/Thomas as the best defensive player on the team maybe next year.

Clark is a beast! Believe it!

Put down the drink buddy

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1rqmmtwv said:
adeltaY":1rqmmtwv said:
Sgt. Largent":1rqmmtwv said:
MontanaHawk05":1rqmmtwv said:
Clark took advantage of several backup left tackles last year. There were too many points where he vanished completely. He's a good, but not elite defensive end.

If you think I'm committing sacrilege in saying this, remember that people are saying the same thing about Bennett despite HIS 8+ sacks.

Clark is very similar to Bennett in that he relies on his elite speed and quickness to be effective..............and like Bennett this year Clark played 80-90% of snaps, instead of a more healthy 50-60% to maximize his effectiveness.

That's been a problem with our D-line for a good 3-4 years, not enough quality depth for guys like Clark and Bennett to stay fresh, which is why they BOTH wore down at the end of the season.

Clark's a beast, but he shouldn't be playing 80-90% of the snaps like he's been asked to do these past couple of years.

Bennett never had elite speed/quickness there's a reason he went undrafted. Cliff was definitely our best speed rusher. Clark is more explosive that speedy if that makes sense.

Bennett has one of the quickest get offs in the NFL, it's how he's managed to be effective as an undersized interior lineman.

Awesome technique, leverage and speed.............that's his jam.

Yup -- he also is GREAT OR AWFUL at guessing the snap count. A lot of Bennett's sacks have come down to his timing and quick start.

OP
OP
Sgt. Largent

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":2wehgtly said:
No one declared him a future All-Pro I think he was less effective this year because he had to play more snaps. The hope is he can blossom into an every down player and it's not too late for that.

I do think Clark is an All Pro if he didn't have to play in 80-90% of the snaps, which IMO wore him down as the season went along.

DE's rely on their quickness and burst, so it only makes sense that the more they play the less effective they are. That's what I saw out of Clark this year. Get him back to a 50-60% snap count, and I betcha he doesn't fade like this year.