Frank Clark returns to Seahawks

Maulbert

Reaction score
I wasnt in favor of resigning Clark for 20 plus million a season back when the chiefs signed him away from us or whatever. This is one of them prove it deals and Reed as its been said= has done well with that. I felt like Frank also whiffed on too many plays.
The Chiefs didn't sign him away. We dealt him for a first and second and swapped thirds.

Kamcussionator

Reaction score
I like this trade if for no other reason that this is a contract year for Taylor and him and Clark are basically the same player. If either want a job next year, they are going to have to produce.

kidhawk

Reaction score
The Chiefs didn't sign him away. We dealt him for a first and second and swapped thirds.

It’s true that we did trade him away but he was under the franchise tag and the Chiefs came in with the package of picks we liked and the contract Clark liked so it’s kind of a little of both.

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
I think our D is just now starting to gel, so in that sense better now than later adding a guy like Clark. He will NOT replace Nwosu. But he could mitigate that loss. Also think the price was less than required to get one of the three I would have preferred. I really feel like our depth could have covered, but having Clark will hopefully reinforce that ability. Also rejoining with Reed will help with the gel thing a bit.
As someone else said, at least we did SOMETHING.

I have to think Mafe replaces Nwosu until Hall proves it and steps up, Clark replaces Mafe, Taylor is kept in a Passing Down role. And we see more of Adams as a roaming WLB and perhaps more of Brooks as well.

I don’t know what to think about Clark as he does seem like a misfit in a 3-4 but the Broncos were bringing him up in an OLB role, and we know when he was younger he could tank on the strong side edge so as others have pointed out he’s more well rounded than Taylor at this point.

The three things that favor this signing:

1. Seahawks and Clark at least have enough history and familiarity with each other that he might be able to hit the ground running.

2. A 30 year old Clark seems like a better band-aid than a 35 year old Bruce Irvin in a similar situation last year.

3. For whatever it’s worth and as some have said in the conversation , Reed and Clark were a dominant force when they were together, if you can recreate some of that synergy in a new way, Clark might work out better than just a desperation injury replacement.

Hawkspeed

Reaction score
I had previously posted to "not sign Frank Clark"...maybe I was wrong. Now, after the injury to Uchenna Nwuosu, I am really happy that we have signed him.

Welcome home Frank Clark!!!

morgulon1

Reaction score
His three seasons after his rookie year weren't that statistically different

2016 - 45 tackles and 10 sacks
2017 - 31 tackles and 9 sacks
2018 - 40 tackles and 13 sacks

Keep in mind that he only played 15 games in 2016 vs 16 in both 2017 and 2018.

Where his numbers drop is after he left us. In KC, his tackle count varied from 20-35 and his sack count from 4.5 - 8

Seattle totals

4 years (62 games) (including his rookie year which was his lowest) 131 tackles / 35 sacks
Per game - 2.11 tackles / .5645 sacks

KC Totals

4 years (58 games) 118 tackles / 23.5 sacks
Per game - 2.03 tackles / .405 sacks
My bad . I didn't remember him doing that well. I wonder why I thought the way I did. Even though, I still don't have a lot of hope that he's going to be near that level 4-5 years later . But I'm not a hater ,I
am rooting for him . Maybe he has something left to give the Seahawks.

Thanks for the information!!

LTH

Reaction score
Denver cut him because he has been a low effort vet in the regular season for a few seasons now. He could save his effort for the postseason while with KC because them making the playoffs was all but guaranteed with Mahomes and Reid. We do not have that luxury, especially with the Niners in division. Too many people here think they are getting Frank Clark from years ago. Massive if is his motivation. The next big if is the contract numbers. Anything more than vet minimum is too much. I am guessing that the guy who keeps insisting Clark is better than Taylor has me on ignore, as I have pointed out multiple times, Taylor has more impact on the stat sheet in two years than Clark in the past three with less than a thousand snaps difference.
Well maybe... but then Taylor is kind of liability against the run. Clark is much better against the run. I would think Hurtt will use Clark in a rotation ... I think it's going to work out just fine. Yes it's true that Clark has not been as effective when he was in KC but he will be rejuvenated in Seattle, just like Reed.
Players play better when they are motivated and Carroll is good at that.

LTH

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I didn't want Clark back then at $20million per or this season..I don't like players
who take plays off..
However with the injury to Nwoso something was needed and maybe a trade will
happen yet for a better option but until then Clark has a chance to show something.

WarHawks

Reaction score
Classic Pete/John signing. It's a win win. What's not to like?

Msfann

Reaction score
It's nice to have a team that seems to be proactive about winning and will go the extra mile. It's too bad our lame ass faker baseball team can't do the same.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Or whatever I said. I felt his 20 plus million was an overpay

He helped KC win a Lombardi, any team would take that overpay if it helped put their team over the top. Including us.

I'm fine with the Clark signing. We had to add another DE after Nwosu went down......and it sounds like a good deal and fit reuniting Clark with Reed, Bobby and his old team...............which SHOULD help with his effort and production.

warden

Reaction score
I like this trade if for no other reason that this is a contract year for Taylor and him and Clark are basically the same player. If either want a job next year, they are going to have to produce.
Since Taylor missed his entire first year, the Seahawks have the right to put a RFA tender on him

warden

Reaction score
Frank was hurt most of his time with the Broncos. As soon as gets healthy they part ways with him. May of been a different outcome for Frank if the Broncos were not such a Sh!t show