Frank Clark

nanomoz

Reaction score
Like many who watched college film of Clark noted (English, namely), Clark actually wears defenders down. He probably won't lead the league in sacks, but he's going to be consistently disruptive and valuable regardless of situation.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1rd8y69c said:
Dare I say, our poor mans JJ Watt?
Not quite but more like the Cincinnati NT but more versatile. He's like Bennett but bigger he's that rare type that can play inside or outside and provide pressure from the inside while still being a run stopper.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":2id8lvvw said:
Bobblehead":2id8lvvw said:
Not quite but more like the Cincinnati NT but more versatile. He's like Bennett but bigger he's that rare type that can play inside or outside and provide pressure from the inside while still being a run stopper.

Oh. right, Just cause he hasn't lined up at TE. :)

cesame

Reaction score
The Michael Bennett comparisons are good for a couple reasons.

Obviously same style of player being able to play inside and out.

But does anyone remember the 2009 preseason when Bennett was in the backfield on seemingly every play?

I do.

He was damn impressive that preseason, just as Clark was last night. It still boggles my mind that Ruskell and crew let him go so the team could keep two kickers on the roster. He was obviously a keeper.

Ozzy

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":1bhtul03 said:
Defensive Rookie of the Year.

Book it.
He is going to be a cornerstone of our defense for years to come. That's my prediction.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
MizzouHawkGal":1tdq5r3g said:
Bobblehead":1tdq5r3g said:

Bennett is bigger than Clark.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
SacHawk2.0":239caxtk said:
He reminds me of John Randle.

It's one thing to stand out, it's something else entirely to stand out on THIS defense. Even in the pre-season.
Good call... I totally agree... a young John Randle.

Early returns... he's a handful... that's for sure.

chris98251

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":plaz399r said:
SacHawk2.0":plaz399r said:
He reminds me of John Randle.

It's one thing to stand out, it's something else entirely to stand out on THIS defense. Even in the pre-season.
Good call... I totally agree... a young John Randle.

Early returns... he's a handful... that's for sure.

He needs face paint!!!

Hawks46

Reaction score
CurryStopstheRuns":7boke8lq said:
MizzouHawkGal":7boke8lq said:
Bobblehead":7boke8lq said:

Bennett is bigger than Clark.

It's hard to tell unless they're standing side by side, but Clark is listed at 6'3" and 272 lbs. Bennett is listed at 6'4" and 274 lbs. Virtually the same size.

Looking at both players, Clark looks a bit more cut, while Bennett looks thicker in the upper body. Clark is thicker in the hips and legs, and from film, he has more lower body power. Clark is way more explosive of an athlete. He also has much longer arms than Bennett, so if he can learn to use his hands really well, it will go a long way towards keeping OLmen off of him.

Rookies have a bigger learning curve about hand usage/fighting in the NFL, but from what I've read of Clark coming out of college, his hand fighting skills are above average coming onto the NFL.

It's only one game, but Denver's OL is top 1/3 of the league and Clark dominated them on average. When the reserves came in, it looked like Clark was playing high schoolers. If he maintains this style of play, I wouldn't be surprised to not hear a peep out of Bennett on the subject of contract demands. He'll end up finding out that the grass isn't greener in FA for guys his age. Ask Evan Mathis.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
it's funny to think back on the draft day threads on him and the outrage versus what you see now.

Seafan

Reaction score
Bennett isn't 6'4", he's shorter than Irvin.

Marsh, Bennett, Clark, Avril with Irvin at his LB spot. That's the nascar package.

After seeing Clark play so comfortably against the run at DT I feel a lot better about McDaniel's release.

With Mebane, Rubin and Hill the Hawks have plenty of solid DTs. I don't see Hill getting 5 sacks this year.

swagcity21

Reaction score
Frank Clark was my guy from the start! as LONG LONG time Michigan fan I followed Clark through college. I knew what we were getting when we drafted him and was STOKED! The off field issues were a little concerning but I think going forward the kid is going to show just who he really is as a person and athlete on and off the field.

Frank can be an anchor for this D-Line for years to come and I am super excited to see him excel!

GO BIG BLUE!!

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1xuuklbp said:

Give it a few years, Clark could probably add 15-20 more pounds on his frame and retain much of his athleticism. Add experience and polished technique, Clark could become just as dominant.

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
austinslater25":3gw7d3e7 said:
I actually think the line will be better this year am I crazy? Britt with another year of experience, a healthy Okung(hopefully) and overall just a better group. I guess I'm alone in that sentiment.
Incorrect.

CurryStopstheRuns

Reaction score
Seafan":1e77sy8t said:
Bennett isn't 6'4", he's shorter than Irvin.

Marsh, Bennett, Clark, Avril with Irvin at his LB spot. That's the nascar package.

After seeing Clark play so comfortably against the run at DT I feel a lot better about McDaniel's release.

With Mebane, Rubin and Hill the Hawks have plenty of solid DTs. I don't see Hill getting 5 sacks this year.

According to the combine numbers you are wrong.

Clark is a great pickup though.

Seahwkgal

Reaction score
swagcity21":14w6mkpg said:
Frank Clark was my guy from the start! as LONG LONG time Michigan fan I followed Clark through college. I knew what we were getting when we drafted him and was STOKED! The off field issues were a little concerning but I think going forward the kid is going to show just who he really is as a person and athlete on and off the field.

Frank can be an anchor for this D-Line for years to come and I am super excited to see him excel!

GO BIG BLUE!!
As a huge Wolverine fan, I concur. I have two things I say during football season. GoBlue! GoHawks!
-btw, how do you feel about Harbaugh being HC? As a diehard Seahawk fan and Whiner hater, it's still going to take some time to get used to it. lol

two dog

Reaction score
After the hatchet job the Seattle Times did on Clark, it's nice to see
him get some redemption, at least from a performance standpoint.