Geno Trade Value?

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
I'd be head-over-heels with Maye or Daniels, but they're out of range.

I'd be alright with a flier on Penix if he falls to around the third. His medicals scare me too much otherwise.

I don't like Bo Nix in the first 2 days.

I don't like McCarthy until round 3.

Rattler is out for me entirely as a character red flag.

Pratt is alright. Third or early day 3 is about right.

Day 3 fliers on Joe Milton and Jordan Travis would get thumbs ups from me.
Not arguing, just curious. What are the Rattler red flags post Oklahoma?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
Not arguing, just curious. What are the Rattler red flags post Oklahoma?
Not much that I can see, but I don't like the fact that he's been a complete asshole for his entire life up until this past season in South Carolina and I really don't like that he's always underperformed relative to his natural talent.

Parallax

Reaction score
Not much that I can see, but I don't like the fact that he's been a complete asshole for his entire life up until this past season in South Carolina and I really don't like that he's always underperformed relative to his natural talent.
He seems to have matured this past season and I wouldn't say he underperformed this year. His team didn't win but that wasn't because of him.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
McCarthy with the Hawks wide receivers I think is a good combination. Plus he is mobile. Michigan did not have any good wideouts for him to throw to, which I think makes him look like the lesser talent. What I like is he played alot of big games against good teams.
Roman Wilson (my hype 3rd round snap to replace Lockett) and Cornelius Johnson aren't exactly pushovers. Plus their TEs weren't slouches.

bigcc

Reaction score
He seems to have matured this past season and I wouldn't say he underperformed this year. His team didn't win but that wasn't because of him.
I don't know man. Even if he's matured, a 6'1 215 lb qb who runs closer to a 4.9 than 4.85 is terrifying.

I don't like the guy as a person from the multitude of interviews I've seen, but those were before he went to SC to be fair.

The height speed combo should scare everyone, this dude is NOT Drew Brees, I'd be curious to see who else did well with that kind of height/speed combo

Parallax

Reaction score
I don't know man. Even if he's matured, a 6'1 215 lb qb who runs closer to a 4.9 than 4.85 is terrifying.

I don't like the guy as a person from the multitude of interviews I've seen, but those were before he went to SC to be fair.

The height speed combo should scare everyone, this dude is NOT Drew Brees, I'd be curious to see who else did well with that kind of height/speed combo
He's not the arrogant kid he once was. He seems way more mature now. Was impressed with the way he threw when under pressure, which was there often. He's not Caleb Williams but I think his chances of being a franchise guy are as high as any other than Daniels, Maye and Williams.

Rat

Reaction score
Rattler last season in five games against teams that finished ranked:

0-5 record
1 TD, 5 INTs
221.4 yards passing average
61.1% completion
25 sacks

His size is hardly special and he provides almost nothing as a running threat. Looks like he finished 2022 hot, but aside from that, it doesn't look like there's all that much to like. I wouldn't want him before round five.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
I always got a vibe that John thinks of Lock as a QB with potential. We'll know more if they try to re-sign him.

I kind of support that BTW.
As I recall, Lock had his chance, and Geno beat him for the job in training camp.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
Roman Wilson (my hype 3rd round snap to replace Lockett) and Cornelius Johnson aren't exactly pushovers. Plus their TEs weren't slouches.
Wilson is a good wr, but not top tier. Loveland was very good and had about the same impact as Wilson, which is very good for a TE. But this was a running team and most of the talent was at running back and on the offensive line. I do think if McCarthy had wide outs like Washington Huskies had he would have put up massive numbers.

GemCity

Reaction score

0-5 record
1 TD, 5 INTs
61.1% completion
25 sacks

His size is hardly special and he provides almost nothing as a running threat. Looks like he finished 2022 hot, but aside from that, it doesn't look like there's all that much to like. I wouldn't want him before round five.
Welp…./RattlerOver

SonicHawk

Reaction score
Wilson is a good wr, but not top tier. Loveland was very good and had about the same impact as Wilson, which is very good for a TE. But this was a running team and most of the talent was at running back and on the offensive line. I do think if McCarthy had wide outs like Washington Huskies had he would have put up massive numbers.
I think JJ is an excellent college football quarterback. I think he was perfect for that Michigan team.

I don't think he puts up even remotely close to Penix numbers on Washington.

SonicHawk

Reaction score

0-5 record
1 TD, 5 INTs
61.1% completion
25 sacks

If there should be anyone who likes Rattler... it should be you.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
I recall differently.
Me too. In my estimation Geno had the job when he resigned and resigned and resigned to back up Wilson and Wilson was gone. Geno wins.
I still think Lock would win at least, or about, half his starts, which is exactly what Geno did. No change there. But the difference is the money we save by letting Geno go now. And we NEED that money, along with whatever we can save by starting a safety crew minus Adams and Diggs. And restructuring a bunch of contracts. We have got to get some money to work with to make this thing work in our favor. I really like Tyler too, but his value fulcrum is rapidly getting to the point his value will plummet sooner than later.

It's time to deal and draft.

Rat

Reaction score
I would choo-choo choose Penix among the guys likely to be there. I'm not a UW guy, but to me he's easily the best QB prospect after the top 3. McCarthy has a decent amount to like also.

Fresno Hawk

Reaction score
I think JJ is an excellent college football quarterback. I think he was perfect for that Michigan team.

I don't think he puts up even remotely close to Penix numbers on Washington
Agree to disagree, we will never know.

12forlife

Reaction score
I wish I had come up with this myself because I can't unsee it now
I already have 1 wager that JJ is going in the top 64 picks. Wanna back your claim that JJ is JAG? Bank is open!

Ozzy

Reaction score

I’m a big second chance guy and root for anyone who’s turned things around. I think it’s why I wanted Baker in Seattle recently and root for him now. Rattler is a guy who will go lower than his talent level potentially so I like Seattle getting great value in Rattler. I understand people being nervous tho