Hawks cannot win on the road.. but they may not have to

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hawks are 6-0 at home this year but only have 2 wins on the road.

The Seahawks have not had a losing record on the road since 2012, but this year the very best road record possible is 3-4-1.

In 2012 the Seahawks went 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road for an 11-5 record not good enough for a 1st round bye. They were by far the best team in the league at that time, but they went on the road and beat an injured RG3 team- (They wouldn't have won if RG3 didn't get hurt.) Then they went to ATL and came back from a large deficit to lose on a last second FG.

Reason for OPTIMISM:

These Seahawks have LA, Arizona, @SF to finish out the year. There is almost no way that Jared Goff led team is going to come in on a short week and beat Seattle. I know we've struggled in the past but it's just not going to happen in primetime against a rookie QB.

Arizona will be a tough game, but their season will be over by that game. I strongly doubt they'll be playing with as much gusto after being knocked out of the playoffs with a Seattle win or AZ loss in week 14.

SF is a joke and so I fully suspect SEA will finish the season on a 3 game winning streak at 11-4-1.

With Detroit at 8-4 it would require them to lose one game for us to regain #2 seed. Here's their remaining schedule:

@giants
@Cowboys
Vs Packers.

That is literally the most difficult schedule remaining- while the Seahawks have the easiest.

Let's say everything goes as stated above, the Seahawks will be #2 seed with the Cowboys being #1. If you've watched the Cowboys lately, you'll realize Dak is starting to show his rookie colors. He's been flat out bad against the Vikings and Giants. I really do not think they are going to survive either (GB, TB, NYG..ect) in the 2nd round. I think there's still a very good chance the NFCC games goes through Seattle...and if that's the case...look out.

Pete may be just about as good as anyone at preparing a team for a must win game. This year's NFCC game is the late game in primetime...at home? The story on the season is still to be written fans. Hang in there- it's going to be a fun post-season!

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Hawks beat the Patriots on the road, and played the Saints to the last play of the game.

They "can" win on the road. But they need to sort out whatever it is that's causing this meltdown the last two road games

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
And even if we have to play the Cowboys in their monstrosity of a stadium, we can win there and do the Texas 2-step two weeks later in Houston to the title. Texas boys pmedic and Earl will be there to rally us to the crown.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
Its an easy narrative to play after watching the hawks poop their pants in their last two road games, but nobody was saying we couldnt win on the road when we went in and smacked the Patriots in Foxboro.

The hawks have played awful at home a couple times this year too.

I dont think its home vs road. I think they have just been wildly inconsistent period.

Oh, and Detroit will finish at best 10-6. The two seed is ours if we want it.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
No games are easy games. A lot of people thought that Bucs game and a depleted GB team games would be easy. We all know how those games turned out. Nothing is given in the NFL. Rams and Cards have beaten the Seahawks in Seattle in the past.

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Matt Stafford dislocated a finger on his throwing hand yesterday, too. He's going to play, but it remains to be seen if it will affect him. That can only make Detroit's last 3 games harder.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
Hawkpower":1vupr5ot said:
Its an easy narrative to play after watching the hawks poop their pants in their last two road games, but nobody was saying we couldnt win on the road when we went in and smacked the Patriots in Foxboro.

I dont think its home vs road. I think they have just been wildly inconsistent period.

My post was for optimism moving forward. I'm not sure you read anything other than the title.

I literally didn't mean they have never won on the road... Otherwise they would be 0-7 on the road. They are not the same team on the road this year.

You don't think it's home vs road? 6-0 vs 2-4-1???? Ok then.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
HawkFan72":21sk988t said:
Matt Stafford dislocated a finger on his throwing hand yesterday, too. He's going to play, but it remains to be seen if it will affect him. That can only make Detroit's last 3 games harder.

I read this too. Great point.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
Its a curious mix of feelings today. Conflicted with:

1) We are dog shite. Got humiliated. Defense couldn't stop anything, offense looked anaemic and the receivers could not catch a cold. Wilson seemed to enjoy bulleting passes at them even after multiple picks.

2) We should be good to enough to win at least 2 of the remaining 3 games. Logically, we should be able to overhaul the Lions, meaning we only have to seriously worry about the Falcons (easy schedule over Bucs) for the 2 seed I think.

I don't think if we were the 2 seed, I'd worry about either the home divisional game or going on road against Dallas, or necessarily playing in Texas for the Superbowl. Which all is a riddle given point 1. Ah well, life of being a sportsfan I guess. Might as well continue riding with hopeful number 2 and ignore the obvious merits of view number 1.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":p4gcb77y said:
sutz":p4gcb77y said:
The Super Bowl is road game. ;)

And on grass.

Texans stadium is field turf?

I heard NFL have the rights to choose their own surface for the Superbowl.....but everything I've read says it will be played on field turf not grass.

RCATES

Reaction score
Call me crazy but what happened yesterday was maybe a blessing in disguise. Most of us admittedly had yesterday chalked up as a loss month's ago. After being humbled and humiliated on national Tv there is no way we lose a game in the next 3 weeks 2 of which are at home. Win Thursday and we win the division. Win the next 2 after that and we're virtually a lock for the #2 seed with no more bitter cold games on the road unless Dallas falls apart and NY wins that division.

OP
OP
lukerguy

lukerguy

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":142qw3xc said:
Ask the Pats if the Hawks can win on the road. Next

While you're at it- ask the Rams, Saints, Cardinals, Buccaneers, and Packers.

To pick out their only real good road game all season, while ignoring the point of the post is typical. What is more annoying if that you didn't even read the original post, because this was more about the fact that our path to having the NFCC through Seattle is very possible, if not probable.

Reaction score
Followthelegion":3vmcuvo8 said:
MontanaHawk05":3vmcuvo8 said:
sutz":3vmcuvo8 said:
The Super Bowl is road game. ;)

And on grass.

Texans stadium is field turf?

I heard NFL have the rights to choose their own surface for the Superbowl.....but everything I've read says it will be played on field turf not grass.
NRG was ORIGINALLY grass, but they changed to Field Turf in 2015 due to many problems maintaining a consistent surface:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRG_Stadium

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Aah, so it's not ok for me to point out the fact that they knocked off one of the best teams in football on the road?
We're all Hawks fans here, I choose to point out the positive, you choose to point out the negative. It's all good. Just different ways of looking at it. :2thumbs:
I am actually AGREEING with the optimism. No reason this team can't make it back to the Super Bowl. Especially if they get a 2 seed.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
lukerguy":2c0v3888 said:
Hawks are 6-0 at home this year but only have 2 wins on the road.
Reason for OPTIMISM:
Let's say everything goes as stated above, the Seahawks will be #2 seed with the Cowboys being #1. If you've watched the Cowboys lately, you'll realize Dak is starting to show his rookie colors. He's been flat out bad against the Vikings and Giants. I really do not think they are going to survive either (GB, TB, NYG..ect) in the 2nd round. I think there's still a very good chance the NFCC game goes through Seattle...and if that's the case...look out.

Pete may be just about as good as anyone at preparing a team for a must win game. This year's NFCC game is the late game in primetime...at home? The story on the season is still to be written fans. Hang in there- it's going to be a fun post-season!

Love it!

Hawkpower

Reaction score
lukerguy":276hk1v3 said:
Hawkpower":276hk1v3 said:

My post was for optimism moving forward. I'm not sure you read anything other than the title.

I literally didn't mean they have never won on the road... Otherwise they would be 0-7 on the road. They are not the same team on the road this year.

You don't think it's home vs road? 6-0 vs 2-4-1???? Ok then.

Its not that you are way off base, but teams that cant or dont play well on the road dont go into Foxboro in prime time and win.

Winning on the road is always tougher for teams, and I think the Seahawks have compounded that by playing a few stinkers that happened to be on the road as well.

But yeah, I happen to think the New England game makes that narrative not quite on the money. You are free to disagree.

Russ Willstrong

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3nc341jj said:

Im not so worried about Detroit. Like you mentionef Stafford hurt his throwing hand and their remaining schedule is brutal.
However, Atlanta and GB can win out and pass us by if we arent focused.
Atlanta can go 11-5 given their schedule and claim 2 seed if we lose 1 and Detroit loses 2.
GB can go 10-6 and claim the 3rd seed over us if we lose 2 more games. But GB can still get the 2nd seed if they win out while Detroit and Seattle loses twice and Atlanta lose 1 more.

Bottom line is we must win out given our weaker schedule and get that bye week in the playoffs.