Hawks cannot win on the road.. but they may not have to

semiahmoo

Reaction score
lukerguy":3bpmgrym said:
Hawks are 6-0 at home this year but only have 2 wins on the road.

The Seahawks have not had a losing record on the road since 2012, but this year the very best road record possible is 3-4-1.

In 2012 the Seahawks went 8-0 at home and 3-5 on the road for an 11-5 record not good enough for a 1st round bye. They were by far the best team in the league at that time, but they went on the road and beat an injured RG3 team- (They wouldn't have won if RG3 didn't get hurt.) Then they went to ATL and came back from a large deficit to lose on a last second FG.

Reason for OPTIMISM:

These Seahawks have LA, Arizona, @SF to finish out the year. There is almost no way that Jared Goff led team is going to come in on a short week and beat Seattle. I know we've struggled in the past but it's just not going to happen in primetime against a rookie QB.

Arizona will be a tough game, but their season will be over by that game. I strongly doubt they'll be playing with as much gusto after being knocked out of the playoffs with a Seattle win or AZ loss in week 14.

SF is a joke and so I fully suspect SEA will finish the season on a 3 game winning streak at 11-4-1.

With Detroit at 8-4 it would require them to lose one game for us to regain #2 seed. Here's their remaining schedule:

@giants
@Cowboys
Vs Packers.

That is literally the most difficult schedule remaining- while the Seahawks have the easiest.

Let's say everything goes as stated above, the Seahawks will be #2 seed with the Cowboys being #1. If you've watched the Cowboys lately, you'll realize Dak is starting to show his rookie colors. He's been flat out bad against the Vikings and Giants. I really do not think they are going to survive either (GB, TB, NYG..ect) in the 2nd round. I think there's still a very good chance the NFCC games goes through Seattle...and if that's the case...look out.

Pete may be just about as good as anyone at preparing a team for a must win game. This year's NFCC game is the late game in primetime...at home? The story on the season is still to be written fans. Hang in there- it's going to be a fun post-season!

I appreciate your optimism. This team is not as strong as, say 2014, though, so I'll take very guarded optimism at this point. Our 2016 Hawks cold catch some fire, or go death-cold and be one and done. I have no idea what version will show up come playoff time, and I don't think at this point, Pete Carroll does either.

semiahmoo

Reaction score
Chrome_Seahawk":2bkrjq5c said:
Followthelegion":2bkrjq5c said:
MontanaHawk05":2bkrjq5c said:
sutz":2bkrjq5c said:
The Super Bowl is road game. ;)

And on grass.

Texans stadium is field turf?

I heard NFL have the rights to choose their own surface for the Superbowl.....but everything I've read says it will be played on field turf not grass.
NRG was ORIGINALLY grass, but they changed to Field Turf in 2015 due to many problems maintaining a consistent surface:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NRG_Stadium

And given how far turf grass has come, I think all stadiums should be required to do the same. Literally level the playing field so the most talented team wins.

mrblitz

Reaction score
seahawks want to keep winning, because the field is also crowded by the giants (9-4) and the bucs (8-5)...

stack55

Reaction score
I love being optimistic. But this team is consistently inconsistent.
You don't make it to the SB playing like that. I would Love for
The Seahawks to make me eat my words.

djb28

Reaction score
I do not count a division game as a sure thing, No matter how bad they seem. Those games have a way of getting by many good teams. Ask Dallas. We have seen a bad Rams team beat us many times. And we aren't exactly firing on all cylinders.