Haynes looked good

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
2_0_6":1kyi6ug0 said:
Take it with a MAJOR grain of salt, but the rumors circling around the "Twitterverse" was that barring injury, he will be the starting Guard next season.
I can believe that.

I’m assuming Iupati is gone.

Fluker, my take is staying and permanently on the right side.

Jones will be right side tackle replacing Ifedi.

Tical21

Reaction score
TheLegendOfBoom":1n1zv5rh said:
2_0_6":1n1zv5rh said:
Take it with a MAJOR grain of salt, but the rumors circling around the "Twitterverse" was that barring injury, he will be the starting Guard next season.
I can believe that.

I don't see Jones as a tackle. I've never thought he's had the feet for it, but maybe. I'd rather him play there than pay Ifedi a bunch of money. I'd kinda think he and Haynes may duel it out for LG. One of them (or maybe Simmons) will also need to play RG for the games Fluker misses. I actually think Pocic is a better fit at RT. He's longer and leaner.

Haynes had a good grasp of assignment and a good feel for peeling off to pick-off stunts, but I was honestly expecting a little more physicality from him. He's got some weight room work to do at minimum. But if you were to tell me both were healthy, I thought Simmons makes the more intriguing prospect.

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
Tical21":2xa7p00g said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2xa7p00g said:
2_0_6":2xa7p00g said:
I can believe that.

I don't see Jones as a tackle. I've never thought he's had the feet for it, but maybe. I'd rather him play there than pay Ifedi a bunch of money. I'd kinda think he and Haynes may duel it out for LG. One of them (or maybe Simmons) will also need to play RG for the games Fluker misses. I actually think Pocic is a better fit at RT. He's longer and leaner.

Haynes had a good grasp of assignment and a good feel for peeling off to pick-off stunts, but I was honestly expecting a little more physicality from him. He's got some weight room work to do at minimum. But if you were to tell me both were healthy, I thought Simmons makes the more intriguing prospect.
Jones can’t possibly be any worse than Ifedi at pass blocking.

Although Chandler Jones destroyed Jamarco on the left side, I would assume Jamarco can get better with more experience.

Simmons is an intriguing prospect.

I am somewhat down on Pocic. The guy has been on the team for a while and has not shown anything.

Pocic is somewhat the CJ Procise of the offensive line, just constantly hurt.

Largent80

Reaction score
Pocic can't be relied on. Hunt looked like a traffic cone being demolished by a streetsweeper.

This team need to take advantage of a draft with good OL players. For years all we have heard is that college is not producing good players. This year that is false.

It just so happens the Hawks have a first, 2 seconds, and a 3rd to take advantage of this.

If they don't, it will probably impact our SB window with RW for the next 5 years at LEAST.

ivotuk

Reaction score
Tical21":2982qx95 said:
TheLegendOfBoom":2982qx95 said:
2_0_6":2982qx95 said:
I can believe that.

I just wonder if Haynes was concentrating more on not getting beat, than getting any kind of anchor, or exerting power?

I like the idea of Pocic at RT. IIRC, he was better at blocking speed, than power. Hence everyone's constant "he needs to put on weight" comments.

Pete said he wanted to try and keep the OLine intact, I hope he meant some of the players on the roster, and not so much the 2019 starting lineup. Because I'd like to see some youth on there. "No country for Old Men" should apply to our OLine.

My (sorta) dream line:

LT: Duane Brown - George Fant
LG: Phil Haynes - Jordan Simmons
C: Restructured Britt - Hunt - Pocic
RG: DJ Fluker - Jamarco Jones
RT George Fant - Pocic - Jamarco Jones

Largent80

Reaction score
ivotuk":1ciovz6d said:
My (sorta) dream line:

LT: Duane Brown - George Fant
LG: Phil Haynes - Jordan Simmons
C: Restructured Britt - Hunt - Pocic
RG: DJ Fluker - Jamarco Jones
RT George Fant - Pocic - Jamarco Jones

No, We've seen this line. I don't want to see it anymore. A huge group of very good centers. Remember when we had Maiwai?.....There are several like him available in the 2nd round. Fluker and Iupati are old and injury prone, Pocic is totally unreliable and was a Cable pick...draft is full of available guards and Centers.....This is NOW time, its not time to be cute about resigning any of these guys we have already seen that are inadequate.

The rookies available can start immediately. Sign Fant and get Britt to restructure but the rest are simply bodies.

Latest posts