Helfrich fired! Taggart hired!

fenderbender123

Reaction score
I'm trying to find a reason to make fun of Oregon for this hire, but he seems like the best coach they could have gotten not named Chip Kelly.

CPHawk

Reaction score
KitsapGuy":6xojp54h said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/JHopkins247/status/815978956398596105[/tweet]

What are husky and SC fans view of him? Fwiw UO also hired CU CB coach Clark, so he will only coach safetys.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Taggart took all the single digit #'s away from the players. Says they have to earn them through hard work.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Joe Salivea hired to coach d'line. Taggart has basically put together a dream team defensive coaching staff.

Next to join up should be Alabama's o'line coach Mario Cristobol tomorrow or Wednesday.

cesame

Reaction score
It's a shame this staff wasn't in place at the start of the year. Tuipulotu and Molden would be Ducks right now.

Oh yeah, so would Marcus 2.0...but he's going to Alabama

Oh well

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
cesame":2xv9c55x said:
It's a shame this staff wasn't in place at the start of the year. Tuipulotu and Molden would be Ducks right now.

Oh yeah, so would Marcus 2.0...but he's going to Alabama

Oh well

Yep.

Good things coming in the future though.

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
Aaron Fentress of CSN Northwest broke the news Monday afternoon, reporting that Salave’a visited Eugene earlier this month and that the Ducks are close to hiring him away from WSU if they can successfully come to a deal.

Salave’a’s impending departure is surprising because before the Cougars’ bowl game, he signed a contract extension that on paper, would keep him at WSU through June 2019. In December, Salave’a also denied rumors that he might be interested in joining Taggart’s staff in Eugene. He has previously turned down overtures from USC and UW.

WSU Athletics spokesperson Bill Stevens declined to comment on the situation.

Oregon Athletics spokesperson Dave Wiliford said Monday that the Ducks have not announced anything and cannot confirm anything at this point.

http://www.seattletimes.com/sports/wsu- ... th-oregon/

CPHawk

Reaction score
I'll wait for someone other than AF and Scott say it's done. The times seem to just be using AF original tweet as their source. And he's not exactly someone I trust to know for sure. He's more of a hack .

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
CPHawk":h7559u8k said:
I'll wait for someone other than AF and Scott say it's done. The times seem to just be using AF original tweet as their source. And he's not exactly someone I trust to know for sure. He's more of a hack .

FootballScoop has it now. They're pretty legit with their info.

CPHawk

Reaction score
JSeahawks":2u5510hx said:
CPHawk":2u5510hx said:

FootballScoop has it now. They're pretty legit with their info.

They usually are right. Awesome hire

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
Ducks have officially hired Alabama oline coach Mario Cristobal to be their co-offensive coordinator/o'line coach.

OP
OP
JSeahawks

JSeahawks

Reaction score
fenderbender123":252yeeyu said:
http://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/index.ssf/2017/01/oregon_to_fire_david_reaves_co.html

Oregon assistant coach got arrested and now I guess he's gonna get fired. At least it's a lower level assistant. Easily replaced.

Idiot. Initially there were rumors that recruits were in the car with him, which would have been a public relations nightmare. Now its just an idiot who just got fired.

Latest posts