Here we go again. Rawls Questionable for game 1...

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
No reason to get in a tizzy.

1. Game status reports (when players are listed as Out, Doubtful or Questionable) aren't due until 4pm (Eastern) the day before a game.

2. Practice reports are due throughout the week. All players with noteworthy injuries must be listed regardless of participation.

I think the record is established that Pete is genuinely a bit of a manic blabbermouth in these situations. It's like his brain just goes faster than his mouth which is in and of itself amazing. The notion that he probably didn't appreciate or grasp what saying questionable on tuesday may have been interpreted by others is actually conceivable. And given the fact that questionable covers both probable and questionable now -- I don't expect us to get any clarity on Saturday either.

It's exceedingly rare that players that fully participate in practice are actually held out of games (unless they are generally part of the 8 inactives to begin with). Many of these guys could show up on the game status report and still play.

It's also worth noting, that after our season long foul up with hiding Sherman's notable injuries despite full participation -- Seattle could (maybe even should) be extra careful to disclose everything. Honestly they should just go full on Belichick and list half the team with whatever minor injuries they have and put half a dozen or more on questionable status every week.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
As has been said. Lacy, Rawls, Prosise and now Carson....We have Four capable backs. 2 of which have been very fragile, 1 who ended last year with an injury and one whos a rookie.

Between the 4, as long as we have a couple healthy any given sunday i'm comfortable....

Not enough carries to go around if all 4 are healthy.

Jerhawk

Reaction score
Noooooo Rawls!

Attachments

• 49929497-800x800.jpg
    49929497-800x800.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 2,535

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
gowazzu02":265o7xun said:
As has been said. Lacy, Rawls, Prosise and now Carson....We have Four capable backs. 2 of which have been very fragile, 1 who ended last year with an injury and one whos a rookie.

Between the 4, as long as we have a couple healthy any given sunday i'm comfortable....

Not enough carries to go around if all 4 are healthy.

Prosise doubles as a WR. I'd rather send him out there than McEvoy.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":187rf47h said:
Start Carson.

How do you even get a high ankle sprain when you haven't played in a month?

Here's a fun fact, Thomas Rawls hasn't played a complete season of football since his junior year in high school.

Rawls sprained his ankle against the Chargers in the first preseason game. So he has already had a month to recover, but high ankle sprains can take even longer than a month to full recover from.

I posit that a slightly gimpy Rawls is not as good as some of the other backs on the roster.

SpokaneHawks

Reaction score
I'm amazed so many 12's are still sticking up for Rawls! This guys couldn't even hold Lynch's jock strap, has never made it through a complete season, and really has only shown flashes aside from a game here and there. Let's be honest his best days were backing up Lynch after he already wore down the D! Dump Rawls and give Lacy and Carson the start.

Threedee

Reaction score
Our backfield is loaded, so, I'm not too worried about resting Rawls for week one. That still gives us Lacy, Procise, and Carson.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2017":2hrpatf6 said:
Sgt. Largent":2hrpatf6 said:
Start Carson.

Here's a fun fact, Thomas Rawls hasn't played a complete season of football since his junior year in high school.

Rawls sprained his ankle against the Chargers in the first preseason game. So he has already had a month to recover, but high ankle sprains can take even longer than a month to full recover from.

I posit that a slightly gimpy Rawls is not as good as some of the other backs on the roster.

Yeah but this is the first time we've heard the words "high ankle sprain."

I honestly don't care, I want Carson to start anyway. So Rawls being Rawls only helps my cause.

hawknation2017

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":cm9k9op7 said:
hawknation2017":cm9k9op7 said:
Sgt. Largent":cm9k9op7 said:
Start Carson.

Yeah but this is the first time we've heard the words "high ankle sprain."

I honestly don't care, I want Carson to start anyway. So Rawls being Rawls only helps my cause.

Carson's sample size is way too small to start:
LIKx0ib

I just hope he proves himself with the opportunities he does get.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
hawknation2017":dtloa0qx said:
LIKx0ib

So was Rawl's when he took over for Lynch, gotta start somewhere.

I'm far more comfortable starting a healthy and looking great Carson than a dinged up Rawls that's going to run into contact unnecessarily again and be out for six weeks.

LeftHandSmoke

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2h931mqk said:
hawknation2017":2h931mqk said:
LIKx0ib

So was Rawl's when he took over for Lynch, gotta start somewhere.

I'm far more comfortable starting a healthy and looking great Carson than a dinged up Rawls that's going to run into contact unnecessarily again and be out for six weeks.
RBH

Running Back by Health works best!

vin.couve12

Reaction score
Please, Rawls' first preseason wasn't all that different and he didn't go against the 1st team almost exclusively like Carson. If it's apples to apples, Carson was much more impressive.

Just like last year, we're going to see a rusty, non-contact practiced Rawls look bad during the first couple of games while a player like C Mike was averaging twice the YPC that Rawls was.

Start Carson, period.

The team shouldn't suffer trying to force Rawls back into the fold. He's not that important given the overall talent of the backfield. Even Lacy should probably get carries over him at this point while Prosise continues his 3rd down duties.

You don't force it because "Rawls." We saw this last year and the team suffered. Even CMike at that point was drastically superior.

Followthelegion

Reaction score
At this point, I'm hoping they give the bulk of the carries to Rawls. He is the most complete all round back we have and we have to ride him while he is healthy enough to be on the field. If we have the Rawls from the playoff game vs Detroit or anything close to it, I'll be stoked.

I view Lacy has having more success in short yardage and in the 4th quarter of games when the defensive front has been word down.

I get the push for Carson, but as others have pointed out, small sample size so far, he looks promising to contribute so can spell relief for the big 2 when required.

Procise sprinkled in for 2 back looks or for 3rd and long.

Exciting RB mix, just hoping they all stay off the treatment table! :irishdrinkers:

Seafan

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":2qqa9jih said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/bcondotta/status/905574654881890304[/tweet]

Rawls participated fully in practice. I'm thinking this is a third Rawls actually hurting, a third the removal of the Probable status, a third Pete trying to game the Packers.

If Rawls doesn't go, you might see Prosise rather than Carson. Prosise looked decent as a pure zone back against the Patriots in limited action.

And on Thursday, Rawls, Lockett and Clark were full participants in practice. It will still be a mystery as to who starts but Rawls seems fully healthy and it is good to see Clark is as well.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Essentially, we are as healthy as we're going to be at any time this season.

GO HAWKS... beat the Pukers!!

rjdriver

Reaction score
Seafan":o0id35oy said:
MontanaHawk05":o0id35oy said:

Rawls participated fully in practice. I'm thinking this is a third Rawls actually hurting, a third the removal of the Probable status, a third Pete trying to game the Packers.

If Rawls doesn't go, you might see Prosise rather than Carson. Prosise looked decent as a pure zone back against the Patriots in limited action.

And on Thursday, Rawls, Lockett and Clark were full participants in practice. It will still be a mystery as to who starts but Rawls seems fully healthy and it is good to see Clark is as well.

The tweet lists Nick Vannett's injury as "Full". What is that? It's probably obvious but I'm having a brain fart.

vin.couve12

Reaction score
rjdriver":ffuj4rs1 said:
Seafan":ffuj4rs1 said:
MontanaHawk05":ffuj4rs1 said:

The tweet lists Nick Vannett's injury as "Full". What is that? It's probably obvious but I'm having a brain fart.
Well when you put it like that it almost sounds like the parachute didn't open or something...

chris98251

Reaction score
rjdriver":1yss4u6q said:
Seafan":1yss4u6q said:
MontanaHawk05":1yss4u6q said:

He ate for Eddie Lacy last night.

King Dog

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy. When we signed Lacy I was like sweet, there's a chance we'll have at least 1 decent back available for every game this season. Now with Carson, I feel like it's a lock that at least 1 out of our 4 backs will be available each game.

Latest posts