Hornets @ Huskies

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":1kebwhep said:
I think this game was a big confidence boost for the dawgs but these sort of games are the reasons I prefer NFL more. Big teams beating up little teams up by half time is just boring after a while (obviously there are exception as shown by the Cougs last week but rare). Look forward to the actual Pac 12 games starting.

I hate these games . . . disgraceful.

Chapow

Reaction score
hawknation2015":3evgs1cl said:
Glasgow Seahawk":3evgs1cl said:
I think this game was a big confidence boost for the dawgs but these sort of games are the reasons I prefer NFL more. Big teams beating up little teams up by half time is just boring after a while (obviously there are exception as shown by the Cougs last week but rare). Look forward to the actual Pac 12 games starting.

Portland State disagrees with you.

OP
OP
KitsapGuy

KitsapGuy

Reaction score
[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/642801997788266496[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/642802888880709633[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Softykjr/status/642803070045286400[/tweet]

[tweet]https://twitter.com/UW_Football/status/642803203285909506[/tweet]

mrblitz

Reaction score
we probably can't learn much from this game. it's like the huskies played against a community college. at least the final score was kind of what you'd expect...

drrew

Reaction score
mrblitz":bowzevrx said:
we probably can't learn much from this game. it's like the huskies played against a community college. at least the final score was kind of what you'd expect...

I think the one thing you can learn is that it unfortunately appears Deonte Cooper is just about off the depth chart completely.

kearly

Reaction score
I don't know if you can learn much from watching a game like this, but the Huskies defense looks a lot better than I was expecting so far this year. Should be interesting to see how they do in Pac-12 games.

zifnab32

Reaction score
kearly":24yvskul said:
I don't know if you can learn much from watching a game like this, but the Huskies defense looks a lot better than I was expecting so far this year. Should be interesting to see how they do in Pac-12 games.

Agreed, after the first 20 minutes or so of the Boise State game they've been pretty lights out. Utah State next week should be a bit of better indicator.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Yeah, not a fan of playing teams like this. The only thing that it may do is be a confidence booster for a young team.
It's no indicator of how they will play in the PAC-12.

Kennedyin92

Reaction score
Chapow":3mg5mi45 said:
hawknation2015":3mg5mi45 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":3mg5mi45 said:

Glasgow's post said "Big teams beating up on little teams." Washington State is not a big team, so the fact that Portland St. won is irrelevant to the argument.

CPHawk

Reaction score
Kennedyin92":e1vkhh85 said:
Chapow":e1vkhh85 said:
hawknation2015":e1vkhh85 said:
Glasgow Seahawk":e1vkhh85 said:

Glasgow's post said "Big teams beating up on little teams." Washington State is not a big team, so the fact that Portland St. won is irrelevant to the argument.

Auburn is a big team, and they almost lost to a little team. Really what's the difference between beating Sac St or beating Idaho, besides the division they play in? Both are equily bad.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Im not a fan of playing FCS teams, but for this current UW team with the extreme youth it has, I don't think it's a bad thing. Call it what you what, confidence booster, whatever, with so many true and RS Frosh playing, they needed a game like this.