How long before we ruin our frachise QB??

How much longer before we ruin our QB with poor oline play given the current level of play?

• 1) It has already happened.

Votes: 39 32.2%
  • 2) By the end of this season.

Votes: 23 19.0%
  • 3) 2-3 more seasons at this rate.

Votes: 19 15.7%
  • 4) 4+ seasons.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • 5) Not going to happen, he is too resilient.

Votes: 43 35.5%

• Total voters

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
warden":bm7y6jgd said:
Stupidity d thread
It happens. Good QBs get ruined over time by playing behind terrible O-lines for years and years. Again, I've posted this elsewhere, but look at what happened with Marc Bulger and David Carr.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":383t6tbz said:
warden":383t6tbz said:
Stupidity d thread
It happens. Good QBs get ruined over time by playing behind terrible O-lines for years and years. Again, I've posted this elsewhere, but look at what happened with Marc Bulger and David Carr.

Surely Pete should be aware of this fact? He is a smart dude after all. (Knowing football that is)

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He played a crap game. But, when it counted, he took the team on his shoulders and got it done.
Numerous dropped passes, and a lot of missed passes. Just an ugly game overall.
However, I may be in the minority, but I wasn't surprised he took them down for the game winning drive at all.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":16rjid1r said:
He played a crap game. But, when it counted, he took the team on his shoulders and got it done.
Numerous dropped passes, and a lot of missed passes. Just an ugly game overall.
However, I may be in the minority, but I wasn't surprised he took them down for the game winning drive at all.

I wasn't surprised by it, in fact I pretty much expected it. The problem I had is why should it have come to that at home vs a vastly new team? Why do we surrender the 1st half of so many games doing near nothing? I thought Russell would come back very strong this season (provided oline was improved), and what I'm seeing is not good football by either. That is why I wanted the pulse of the other fans here to see what they thought. By opinion here, it's worse than I thought actually. :(

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Nope, shouldn't have. 2 dropped TD passes in the first quarter = 6-0 instead of 14-0.
Totally different game.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":2lhvyqlv said:
Nope, shouldn't have. 2 dropped TD passes in the first quarter = 6-0 instead of 14-0.
Totally different game.

Seems to be a part of the game that is conveniently forgotten.

The offense didn't play great, they certainly could have played better. However... TDs went right through fingers and the entire complexion (and reaction) to the game changes if they are caught.

2 dropped TDs=(somehow) end of an era.

I feel like the truth is somewhere in the middle there.

randomation

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1khjqv3j said:
warden":1khjqv3j said:
Stupidity d thread

Hell look at what Bradford has been doing with an Oline just slightly better than the Rams and better supporting pieces. I would not be surprised if Russ tries to force a trade next year if the issues aren't fixed. Even if he might not want to his wife is not going to be okay with him getting the tar beat out of him every week because the Hawks refuse to fix obvious issues. Issues that are obvious to literally everyone but Pete. He also struggles in rainy weather if he was playing somewhere like NO he would probably be setting the league on fire he balls out in domes,

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
randomation":24zyi8u1 said:
RolandDeschain":24zyi8u1 said:
warden":24zyi8u1 said:
Stupidity d thread

Hell look at what Bradford has been doing with an Oline just slightly better than the Rams and better supporting pieces. I would not be surprised if Russ tries to force a trade next year if the issues aren't fixed. Even if he might not want to his wife is not going to be okay with him getting the tar beat out of him every week because the Hawks refuse to fix obvious issues. Issues that are obvious to literally everyone but Pete. He also struggles in rainy weather if he was playing somewhere like NO he would probably be setting the league on fire he balls out in domes,

I never even considered that possibility. I hate like hell even reading it, and I have no intelligent argument against why he won't or shouldn't either (if the conditions don't improve).

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":kpgdo8iq said:
I never even considered that possibility. I hate like hell even reading it, and I have no intelligent argument against why he won't or shouldn't either (if the conditions don't improve).

Because unlike fans, Russell is a smart athlete and businessman.

Why would he leave one of the top 5 best franchises in the NFL where he's not only WELL compensated, but entrenched in a community that loves him, loves his new family and provides him endless endorsement opportunities................and he gets to win 10+ games a year with a chance at going to SB's?

To go where? One of the other 28 teams with horrible O-lines?

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3k5p8xxc said:
Seymour":3k5p8xxc said:

Why would he leave one of the top 5 best franchises in the NFL where he's not only WELL compensated, but entrenched in a community that loves him, loves his new family and provides him endless endorsement opportunities................and he gets to win 10+ games a year with a chance at going to SB's?

OK...I'm Russells agent, it is this simple. "If you want to play into your late 30's, I suggest we find a team that gives you the support to do that".

And BTW. Our oline is not "like 28 others"....not even close. We are the laughing stock / definition of epic fail and what not to do at the moment.

I'm not saying I think this will happen. I'm saying it would not shock me and I have no argument against it if the beating continues.

As far as the community loves him. Read the poll. 58% of those here believe he is ruined now or by the end of this season with continued piss poor oline play.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":19dav61b said:
Sgt. Largent":19dav61b said:
Seymour":19dav61b said:

OK...I'm Russells agent, it is this simple. "If you want to play into your late 30's, I suggest we find a team that gives you the support to do that".

And BTW. Our oline is not "like 28 others"....not even close. We are the laughing stock / definition of epic fail and what not to do at the moment.

I'm not saying I think this will happen. I'm saying it would not shock me and I have no argument against it if the beating continues.

As far as the community loves him. Read the poll. Over 50% of those here believe he is ruined by the end of this season with continued piss poor oline play.

Look around the league Seymour, every NFL show this year has done a segment on the horrific state of the offensive lines in the league.

Hell, look what Denver did to the Dallas line last weekend? They made the BEST line in the league look like our line.

So no, Russell's not going anywhere. Cause #1 he loves it here, and #2 there no guarantee of being better protected anywhere else.

Even if I entertained this outlandish thought, Pete and John would NEVER trade him.......even after his contract, we'd franchise him. You don't ever let a franchise QB go.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3oohziva said:
Seymour":3oohziva said:
Sgt. Largent":3oohziva said:
Seymour":3oohziva said:

As far as the community loves him. Read the poll. Over 50% of those here believe he is ruined by the end of this season with continued piss poor oline play.

Look around the league Seymour, every NFL show this year has done a segment on the horrific state of the offensive lines in the league.

Hell, look what Denver did to the Dallas line last weekend? They made the BEST line in the league look like our line.

So no, Russell's not going anywhere. Cause #1 he loves it here, and #2 there no guarantee of being better protected anywhere else.

Even if I entertained this outlandish thought, Pete and John would NEVER trade him.......even after his contract, we'd franchise him. You don't ever let a franchise QB go.

I agree there is league wide poor oline play. I also say we are clearly at the bottom of those. Follow the $$. We blatantly spend on defense, if nothing else this shows they think our mobile QB can overcome the poor play. It's on paper and quite obvious that we are not committed to supporting Wilson. Hell they won't even admit his oline coach is failing at competing....he (they) get passes year after year.

KARAVARUS

Reaction score
Shame on anyone who is willing to give up on Russell Wilson. Look what the Lions have been through with Matthew Stafford. Russell IS part of the problem right now, in that, he is not playing his best football. Blame whomever you want, o-line, coaches, Russell himself, etc. We have issues in a lot of places. Russell has the tools to be here until he retires. He can come back from the bad games he's put together so far this season. How would other QB's fair in this system, where coaches are unwilling to defect from a shitty game plan until 11 minutes are left in the game? Constantly under pressure.

i am upset that Russell himself, has not gone to Pete and said, "WTF?" He seems to trust too much in the system that is breaking him. Why can't he do this?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":2xp4xp80 said:
I agree there is league wide poor oline play. I also say we are clearly at the bottom of those. Follow the $$. We blatantly spend on defense, if nothing else this shows they think our mobile QB can overcome the poor play. It's on paper and quite obvious that we are not committed to supporting Wilson. Hell they won't even admit his oline coach is failing at competing....he (they) get passes year after year.

We were the #1 rushing team in the league for years, so I'm not down with the "Fire Cable" parrots.............we can certainly debate Pete and John's unrealistic faith in Cable's ability to turn basketball players and scrap heap free agents into a good line season after season.

The good news is I think the worm has turned on that philosophy, thus us going hard after Joeckel, Lang and drafting more polished O-lineman like Pocic.

Bottom line, Russell ain't a quitter. He's said many times that he only wants to play for one franchise, and that'd us. So if he goes anywhere? It's because he's old, gray and stinks and we've moved on.

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2ufjng3a said:
Seymour":2ufjng3a said:

We were the #1 rushing team in the league for years, so I'm not down with the "Fire Cable" parrots.............we can certainly debate Pete and John's unrealistic faith in Cable's ability to turn basketball players and scrap heap free agents into a good line season after season.

The good news is I think the worm has turned on that philosophy, thus us going hard after Joeckel, Lang and drafting more polished O-lineman like Pocic.

Bottom line, Russell ain't a quitter. He's said many times that he only wants to play for one franchise, and that'd us. So if he goes anywhere? It's because he's old, gray and stinks and we've moved on.

We were only #1 in rushing 1 year 2014 (in Cable era). That season we were #8 in oline spending. This year and last...dead last. In 2013 the year we won the SB we were 4th in rushing and first in spending. See any correlation to support vs output yet?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Seymour":1vrsyjd4 said:
Sgt. Largent":1vrsyjd4 said:
Seymour":1vrsyjd4 said:

We were only #1 in rushing 1 year 2014 (in Cable era). That season we were #8 in oline spending. This year and last...dead last. In 2013 the year we won the SB we were 4th in rushing and first in spending. See any correlation to support vs output yet?

Yes, O-line talent. Why is that Cable's fault?

All this tells me is when he's given something to work with, we have a top 5 rushing attack. When he's given garbage, he isn't as successful.

When it comes to the O-line, I blame Pete and John for their unsuccessful O-line philosophy and unrealistic expectations of Cable working miracles with garbage. Cable certainly has input into who we draft and acquire, but the buck stops at Pete and John.

Why are they absolved and everyone just wants Bevell and Cable's head?

OP
OP
Seymour

Seymour

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":2bd7o40w said:
Seymour":2bd7o40w said:
Sgt. Largent":2bd7o40w said:
Seymour":2bd7o40w said:

Yes, O-line talent. Why is that Cable's fault?

All this tells me is when he's given something to work with, we have a top 5 rushing attack. When he's given garbage, he isn't as successful.

When it comes to the O-line, I blame Pete and John for their unsuccessful O-line philosophy and unrealistic expectations of Cable working miracles with garbage. Cable certainly has input into who we draft and acquire, but the buck stops at Pete and John.

Why are they absolved and everyone just wants Bevell and Cable's head?

Because of his terrible pass protection! In all his years oline coaching he has never produced better than #22 in pass protection that includes the highest paid oline in the league. And THAT is how you get your QB killed and ruined, not run blocking.

That and they felt collectively as a coaching staff we could win this way and it's been a gross miscalculation (that Cable is key in). His talent evaluation is pathetic and results speak for themselves.