How much will RW3 play in preseason....if any

Raptor12

Reaction score
Hi all, new to the boards here but been a loyal Hawks fan since '76-77. Last night my brother and I were having a discussion about fleshing out the backup QB position during preseason and who would be getting the most snaps. I made the statement that RW probably wouldn't play at all (I don't really believe that) and the potential backups would battle it out for the second spot. I even went as far as laying out the QB gameplan for each preseason game, here it is:

1st quarter: Jerrod Johnson
2nd quarter: Brady Quinn
3rd quarter: TJack
4th quarter: RW3 (if necessary), otherwise whoever is playing hot

I know it's very oversimplified, but hey it's the offseason.
Thoughts?

Go Hawks....

cockeyhawk

Reaction score
Tom Brady and Payton Manning play in the pre season? Russel will play a series in the first game, 2 quarters in the second and third. Then one series in the fourth game, this is basically how every preseason gos.

EastCoastHawksFan

Reaction score
The starters ( Russell Wilson ) usually always play in the 1st quarter . So you could rule out the possibility of having him playing in the 4th.

I think the 1st two games Wilson will run 2-3 series with no read option plays being called. The third game he'll play till halftime. 4th game he wont play.

Tj will play with the 2's and play untill halftime .Probably start the 4th preseason game.

Quinn/ Johnson will run the 2nd half in no particular order.

Just my hypothesis , welcome to .net

DavidSeven

Reaction score
EastCoastHawksFan":2cdkntib said:
The starters ( Russell Wilson ) usually always play in the 1st quarter . So you could rule out the possibility of having him playing in the 4th.

I think the 1st two games Wilson will run 2-3 series with no read option plays being called. The third game he'll play till halftime. 4th game he wont play.

Tj will play with the 2's and play untill halftime .Probably start the 4th preseason game.

Quinn/ Johnson will run the 2nd half in no particular order.

Just my hypothesis , welcome to .net

I imagine this is roughly what will happen with TJ/Quinn/Johnson possibly alternating in sequence. RW will definitely go first, though.

kearly

Reaction score
cockeyhawk":2n4hk5xo said:
Tom Brady and Payton Manning play in the pre season? Russel will play a series in the first game, 2 quarters in the second and third. Then one series in the fourth game, this is basically how every preseason gos.

Exactly. A typical starting QB will probably see 25-30% of the total snaps during a preseason. That leaves plenty for the backups to compete with. If done right, each of the four quarterbacks should get roughly a full game of reps to evaluate them by. That should be enough.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
JMO, 1st two series of game 1 & 2 then 1st 1/4 of game 3 and nothing in game 4. Everyday in camp he'll run the #1's. Other views with more time may be appropriate but the plays will be arranged not to expose him to any risk.

The Radish

Reaction score
Trenchbroom":2kuua71i said:
Raptor12":2kuua71i said:
My first post and I get the grammer hammer......fixed

Trial by fire over--you passed. :lol:

Welcome to .NET!

Somedays it seems the fires are always burning,,,,other days?

Welcome to Seahawks.net we're glad to have yo aboard.

:les:

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Raptor12":3dmsifrn said:
My first post and I get the grammer hammer......fixed

And.....as for your second post........It is 'grammAr' not 'grammEr'....

Welcome to .NET, I will be monitoring your third post very closely....

:2:

GoHawks1212

Reaction score
formido":dxuev4vi said:
Chapman":dxuev4vi said:
Who's RW3?

Russell Wilson. His jersey number is 3. It's a play off 'RG3', which is Robert Griffin's nickname.

But seriously, can we stop the RW3 stuff? It really, really needs to go away.

Latest posts