If the Seahawks had the 1st pick, who would you take?

tmobilchawker79

Reaction score
And Rubin/McDaniel aren't getting any younger. Man, if only we had a healthy Quintin Jefferson. Oh wait, he's on IR with the rest of our team.

classicaaron

Reaction score
I take Dalvin Cook. He has speed, power, vision, and durability. Much better than Fournette. Plus Cook ran behind a terrible line his entire time at FSU so he will be used to doing it on his own. ;)

TheLegendOfBoom

Reaction score
CHawkTailGator":2ceafea8 said:
I have lost confidence in this regime to draft good OL talent.

Too many fails to list. I'm not sure what the fix is. Perhaps getting known quantities is the best way the Hawks can build their line. I don't agree with that methodology though.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

I believe Cable said something in the line of, "colleges do not produce quality lineman anymore, with the spread offenses, etc etc."

But, if that's true how come other teams seem to be able to develop solid offensive lines?

Maybe Tom Cable isn't as good of an evaluator or coach as we hope he is.

I don't know.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
Allen. All day every day.

Allen turns this defense from a top three defense to an all time great defense.

Honestly though, we could possibly achieve this by adding Calais Campbell if he becomes available.

Allen or Campbell on a line with Avril, Clark and Bennett. There is pretty much one guy who is going to come free on nearly every dropback.

Hawks46

Reaction score
Maelstrom787":83kxnj30 said:
Gotta watch the tape, but I'm leaning Allen.

Watch the UW tape. He single handedly wrecked the Huskies offense.

I'd go Allen. We could get a damn good RB with the 1st pick in the 2nd, or maybe trade it and a 4th to go back into the 1st and grab Coleman from FSU.

I'd love Garrett but I think he's redundant for us as we have Clark, Bennett and Avril (yes I know Bennett and Avril are getting older but they've shown no signs of slowing down).

I see Allen being something like a beefier Aaron Donald. Think about that or a Suh type player going 3 downs and crushing not only the run but the pass as well. We'd be back to allowing 15 ppg on defense immediately.

ivotuk

Reaction score
davidonmi":3oqb8x4q said:
vin.couve12":3oqb8x4q said:
Fournette

We'll never have any measure of consistency on offense being a passing team.
Fournette is overrated.
Davin cook is the best rb in this draft

Cook is an impressive player. Wouldn't surprise me if he had a Marshall Faulk type career.

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
As of right now, without spending much time watching these guys I'd lean Garrett or Allen.

NOTE: I've watched more Allen than I have Garrett. He's going to be a force

cover-2

Reaction score
I would take Jonathan Allen. Everyone is clamoring for more pressure from the interior of the defensive line and Allen would solve that concern. I really hope the 49ers don't draft him, its bad enough we have to go against Aaron Donald twice a year.

Geologic

Reaction score
JSeahawks":avoiko80 said:
It would be hard to pass up Cam Robinson to solidify our tackle position. But i'd probably go Myles Garrett.
If you want someone to false start, then sure.

He lost Alabama the championship game period

Ozzy

Reaction score
Prosise is going to surprise a few of you next year apparently. I'm torn between Allen and Robinson. I'll lean Robinson but could switch if you asked me in 10 minutes.

randomation

Reaction score
Trade down to around 15 and get Ram if he stayed in school one more year he would be a top 5 pick. Myles is tempting but I would rather see Russ not in a body bag before putting even more into the D.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
brimsalabim":2ikc2pwk said:
Bama OT Cam Robinson if he comes out. We need an offensive tackle worse than any other team in the league but this is supposedly a poor draft for the position. From what I've read there are maybe two prospects in this draft that even project to left tackle. If Robinson comes out he would easily be the best of them.

Well you'll like this mock draft.

Seahawks take Cam Robinson.... at 26.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300000 ... m=referral

sondevil89

Reaction score
JSeahawks":33fbw673 said:
brimsalabim":33fbw673 said:
Bama OT Cam Robinson if he comes out. We need an offensive tackle worse than any other team in the league but this is supposedly a poor draft for the position. From what I've read there are maybe two prospects in this draft that even project to left tackle. If Robinson comes out he would easily be the best of them.

Three mock drafts, one has Robinson at #8, one at #10, one at #14. Could he fall to #26? Possible but not likely, more likely to be Ryan Ramczyk.

https://www.draftsite.com/nfl/mock-draft/2017/

http://www.newsday.com/sports/football/ ... 1.11395517

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=c ... mock+draft

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":22pix0hc said:
JSeahawks":22pix0hc said:
brimsalabim":22pix0hc said:

Three mock drafts, one has Robinson at #8, one at #10, one at #14. Could he fall to #26? Possible but not likely, more likely to be Ryan Ramczyk.

Mock drafts at this time of the year are notoriously inaccurate. Mainly because most are based off of reputation and hype built before the season. People who do mock drafts are amateurs. Some more talented than others. But mainly it takes time to look at prospects as a whole and grade them relative to each other. That takes a lot of hours. And doing it in your spare time stretches that process out even more.

If you want to understand the mock authors to follow -- start by examining how they evaluate/review the prospects. And their understanding of what team's needs/philosophies are. The more detail into these aspects (not merely that a prospect is special, but in what ways), the more you're looking at an author that makes his own reads instead of regurgitating the latest groupthink.

As an example, Robinson and Peppers are undoubtedly two such groupthink prospects. Robinson could be sitting there are the #4 OT in a poor class. And the only one with significant red flags to boot. Robinson was a pre season all american and presumed to be the best tackle far and away in the class. Then the season played out. And the red flags settled. He'll drop like a rock.

Peppers is touted as an athlete. But this is a league filled with athletes. You can get elite for the NFL athletes in day 3 and develop those. Peppers has to fit somewhere and project to excel. You can't just be an athlete, you have to have other special qualities.

Now if you want to argue his ability to make plays and his general gravitas as an impact player -- that's a different discussion. At that point, you need a team able and willing to find a niche for him. Which teams in the early part of the draft are like that? Not many. Now he's falling not because of his ability, but of the teams willing to be unorthodox. Which is hard to justify to your fans when you've just spent a season sucking and have a lot of holes to fill.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Attyla the Hawk":531ebld3 said:
sondevil89":531ebld3 said:
JSeahawks":531ebld3 said:
brimsalabim":531ebld3 said:

Mock drafts at this time of the year are notoriously inaccurate. Mainly because most are based off of reputation and hype built before the season. People who do mock drafts are amateurs. Some more talented than others. But mainly it takes time to look at prospects as a whole and grade them relative to each other. That takes a lot of hours. And doing it in your spare time stretches that process out even more.

If you want to understand the mock authors to follow -- start by examining how they evaluate/review the prospects. And their understanding of what team's needs/philosophies are. The more detail into these aspects (not merely that a prospect is special, but in what ways), the more you're looking at an author that makes his own reads instead of regurgitating the latest groupthink.

As an example, Robinson and Peppers are undoubtedly two such groupthink prospects. Robinson could be sitting there are the #4 OT in a poor class. And the only one with significant red flags to boot. Robinson was a pre season all american and presumed to be the best tackle far and away in the class. Then the season played out. And the red flags settled. He'll drop like a rock.

Peppers is touted as an athlete. But this is a league filled with athletes. You can get elite for the NFL athletes in day 3 and develop those. Peppers has to fit somewhere and project to excel. You can't just be an athlete, you have to have other special qualities.

Now if you want to argue his ability to make plays and his general gravitas as an impact player -- that's a different discussion. At that point, you need a team able and willing to find a niche for him. Which teams in the early part of the draft are like that? Not many. Now he's falling not because of his ability, but of the teams willing to be unorthodox. Which is hard to justify to your fans when you've just spent a season sucking and have a lot of holes to fill.

LOL, nothing personal, but you attest how these mock draft creators are "amateurs" and then go on to make some very authoritative statements. Am I to believe that they are amateurs and you are not?

I am not naive enough to believe that they are going to be entirely accurate, but what I look for is consensus, which doesn't necessarily mean that it's "group-think."

All that aside, I like Ryan Ramzcyk better because he is more developed in pass blocking.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
sondevil89":240bic8c said:
LOL, nothing personal, but you attest how these mock draft creators are "amateurs" and then go on to make some very authoritative statements. Am I to believe that they are amateurs and you are not?

I am not naive enough to believe that they are going to be entirely accurate, but what I look for is consensus, which doesn't necessarily mean that it's "group-think."

All that aside, I like Ryan Ramzcyk better because he is more developed in pass blocking.

Not taken personally. Also not meant to be a negative.

We're all amateurs. Some however are better than others. And those tend to be the ones that are able to explain their positions more. They simply offer more insight into why they think people will be picked where they are. Usually that insight is based on their own viewing of the players.

The quality of mock draft authors is really all over the map. There are definitely some sources to avoid. And usually they are pretty obvious in their lack of depth and research.

sondevil89

Reaction score
Conventional NFL wisdom says you never pass on the best DL and I would have to concur. Myles Garrett for sure but at our 26 pick I'm praying for Ramczyk who is a more developed pass blocker than Cam Robinson.

pcbball12

Reaction score
Ya, if we are talking number 1 overall I am taking Garrett no questions asked. Can never have too many pass rushers and him with Bennett, Frank, and Cliff would be unreal. Would also allow for life after Bennett to look a lot better.

At 26, as much of a cop out as this is I want BPA. FA will give a much clearer picture on need, but this roster just needs a dog....anywhere. Secondary, SAM Backer, DL, OL all would do well with a new young stud. If all is equal obviously OL would be nice, but there are only 2 guys I would consider at that spot.

Bolles I would run to the podium, he is my LT1. Guy has good feet, anchors really well, plays with balanced and strong base at all times, and is just mean as hell in the run game. He is a finisher. He could plug in at LT day one and be an upgrade in both pass pro and the run game...he is also the one guy I could see plugged in at RT day one as well because of how much of a mauler he is in the run game. I see him as a future pro bowler and he honestly compares a lot to Jack Conklin last year to me.

I like Ramczyk and would be fine taking him in the 1st and plugging him in at LT. But, he needs to add lower half strength. He can get beat by a decent bull rush and needs to add some pop in the run game. Has really nice feet and moves well and targets well in space, but I much prefer Bolles overall. Especially if we are trying to get our run game back on track.

This draft is stacked with secondary talent at a perfect time we could use an injection of youth. I could see us double dipping at corner and also adding a safety for competition. There are a handful of corners I would consider at 26.

sondevil89

Reaction score
pcbball12":2dipkynm said:
Ya, if we are talking number 1 overall I am taking Garrett no questions asked. Can never have too many pass rushers and him with Bennett, Frank, and Cliff would be unreal. Would also allow for life after Bennett to look a lot better.

At 26, as much of a cop out as this is I want BPA. FA will give a much clearer picture on need, but this roster just needs a dog....anywhere. Secondary, SAM Backer, DL, OL all would do well with a new young stud. If all is equal obviously OL would be nice, but there are only 2 guys I would consider at that spot.

Bolles I would run to the podium, he is my LT1. Guy has good feet, anchors really well, plays with balanced and strong base at all times, and is just mean as hell in the run game. He is a finisher. He could plug in at LT day one and be an upgrade in both pass pro and the run game...he is also the one guy I could see plugged in at RT day one as well because of how much of a mauler he is in the run game. I see him as a future pro bowler and he honestly compares a lot to Jack Conklin last year to me.

I like Ramczyk and would be fine taking him in the 1st and plugging him in at LT. But, he needs to add lower half strength. He can get beat by a decent bull rush and needs to add some pop in the run game. Has really nice feet and moves well and targets well in space, but I much prefer Bolles overall. Especially if we are trying to get our run game back on track.

This draft is stacked with secondary talent at a perfect time we could use an injection of youth. I could see us double dipping at corner and also adding a safety for competition. There are a handful of corners I would consider at 26.

Bolles is projected rds 2-3, he might go sooner w/teams needing OT's so bad. From what I'm reading he has some strength concerns also. He is also turning 25 in a couple of months so there is that too. I want to see how he does at the combines.