If you could choose any one Seahawk...

HawkWow

Reaction score
justafan":3korxgz7 said:
HawkWow":3korxgz7 said:
Boz actually played real well for us when healthy. Mirer was the knee jerk after missing on Bledsoe. I don't blame that mess on Mirer as much as our FO. ND wasn't exactly a breeding ground for NFL QBs (with few exceptions). BUT...the FO managed to find a more stupid FO (Chicago) that gave us (IIRC) 2 1sts for him. Crime of the century.

Mirer was the consensus NO 2 by just about everyone.Even in the conversation as the 1st pick in the draft.I felt they made the right pick, it just didnt pan out.

Who was the consensus #3 *QB in that draft? (hint) He didn't go until the 3rd rd.

Mirer was in fact the 2nd best QB in the 93 draft...that didn't make him good. ND was hardly a passing team. In'92, Mirer completed 51% of his passes, threw 15 TD and 6 ints. Not exactly an NFL caliber QB. It was a dumb pick, especially with guys like Willie Roaf and Lincoln Kennedy still on the board.

*Billy Joe Hobert was the 3rd QB taken in '93. Not exactly the QB class we saw a decade earlier.

Pridham10

Reaction score
1. Boz. 2. Mirer 3. Curry

Boz was one of the few Seahawks to ever get national attention even beyond football. I was hoping that Mirer was going to be the next Young or Montana and Curry because he was such a high pick for us.

HawkWow

Reaction score
lsheldon":2laxj9iv said:
I would also say Curt Warner, amazing runner. Shame about his knee...

Warner played 5 complete (16 game) seasons with us. Made the pro bowl 3 times and scored 64 TDs.
His name has no more business in this thread than Largent's.

tdigitee

Reaction score
Kelly Stouffer. He was pretty highly regarded and I thought Seattle gave up a high pick to bring him over from the Cardinals. I had high hopes, then saw him play against the Chefs, and ...yeesh

Tical21

Reaction score
Koren. He was supposed to be the game changer. If he had been, we would have won Super Bowls, plural.

NinjaHawk

Reaction score
Man, can't believe no one brought up Kenny Easley. Could have been the greatest Seahawk player of all time, only managed to play like six seasons before his career was cut short by kidney disease. In that short time, he was a 5 time pro bowler, 4 time All-Pro, and won the NFL Defensive Player of the year in '84. For you much younger Seahawk fans, look him up, the guy was basically Kam with Earl's ball skills.

Edit: Reread the original question, of course Easley lived up to and surpassed expectations. Nevermind, move along, nothing to see here.

baumer64

Reaction score
I've got to go with Rick Mirer. He looked good his rookie year then fell apart. I truly feel that under a different coaching regime he could have done very well for us. Flores ruined him in my opinion and Rick lost confidence in himself.

Steve2222

Reaction score
Zebulon Dak":1l5w1hfy said:
Way too many. This is hard. Anthony Simmons?

Though he didn't quite live up to expectations, he was very solid for a few years.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
Steve2222":j641v79b said:
Zebulon Dak":j641v79b said:
Way too many. This is hard. Anthony Simmons?

Though he didn't quite live up to expectations, he was very solid for a few years.

He was. I'd hoped he'd be great for a lot of years. A lot like Lofa.

tonyseahawk

Reaction score
for me it had to be Arron Curry or Dan McGuire. If you can remember McGuire, we was gonna be the guy to rewrite the NFL books. He was so tall and smart that he had huge advantages (thats what they told us). Then,.....he played. And that was the end of that.

bigcc

Reaction score
Jesus some of you lack reading comprehension.... how did Tatupu not meet expectations? He was a 2nd round LB who made 3 pro bowls and an all pro team.

Aaron Curry is by far the easiest example.

Latest posts