If you could choose any one Seahawk...

olyfan63

Reaction score
Because their play sucked:

1) Aaron Curry
2) Dan McGwire
3) Kelly Stouffer

Because their bodies broke down:
1) Brian Bosworth (an excellent player when healthy, which wasn't often)
2) Steve Niehaus

Lofa Tatupu helped us get to our only Super Bowl as a rookie. Sure, wish-we'd-been-together-longer, but for one glorious season, he was the difference on that defense. The Holgren offense had always been unstoppable. When Tatupu helped us finally have an *average* defense to go with it... Superb Owl, baby.

A

Anonymous

5 pages, and no Clipboard Jesus?

Wouldn't it have been sweet if he'd of come in here and just been lights-out?

KK84

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2xkyuseo said:

I think everyone's banished him from their brains after that abortion in Cleveland.

McGruff

Reaction score
grizbob":3jjcmnre said:
Rick Mire, got to see him a lot his senior year a Notre Dame, and then we drafted him. His rookie year was awesome and then the rest is well documented :oops:

I like the nomination of Tubbs, and would add Chris Mcintosh and Lamar king.

But the obvious answer is Mirer. mirer's second year failure set this franchise back ten years where his continued success would've set us up for ten years.

Zebulon Dak

Banned
Reaction score
bigcc":ebni29m3 said:
Jesus some of you lack reading comprehension.... how did Tatupu not meet expectations? He was a 2nd round LB who made 3 pro bowls and an all pro team.

Aaron Curry is by far the easiest example.

Apparently you're the one who lacks the reading comprehension.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
I think it has to be Danny Mac. A massive waste of a draft pick with no justification behind it. We had a very functional QB in Krieg and had no real future needs with Stouffer at backup. They spent a first on a guy who hardly played and that always pissed me off. Then when he did play he just SUCKED. He was supposed to be able to see the field so good that he could hit anything. We all know how important that is now don't we?

If he were to work out as a great player, the 1992 team would have won a Super Bowl. The defense was the best I had ever seen and even the running game was working with Chris Warren. But DanMac was a freak. A freak with absolutely no game.

ivotuk

Reaction score
volsunghawk":1x77x8gx said:
Marcus Tubbs

That was my thought exactly! When i read the ops post i thought "wonder if anyone thought off Tubbs?" :D Pretty much the first guy chosen.

Marcus was a monster against the run and the difference without him was jaw dropping. With him, we might have made another Superb Owl.

HawkinNY

Reaction score
Giblien":1kmcurzz said:
Any player in the past who didn't pan out or live up to expectations, that you wish did live up or eclipse those expectations, who would it be and why?

There are so many over the years my mind is blowing up and cannot think of one....lol

djb28

Reaction score
I was actually excited when we got Nate Odoms. He was a great corner for the Bills and I was excited to see him play as a Hawk. It just didn't happen.

Dismas

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":3c6gwqdz said:

Ahh, but we get to choose with our current knowledge . .

If CBJ had been real good, then Russell Wilson would prolly not be a Seahawk . . .So, N to the O hell no to CBJ

Greenhell

Reaction score
djb28":3ezp87sh said:
I was actually excited when we got Nate Odoms. He was a great corner for the Bills and I was excited to see him play as a Hawk. It just didn't happen.

Ha, nice avatar of Terry Wooden. :th2thumbs: